Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Totally new to the series but I took a chance on this last night and copped. Played for 3 hours straight and made it to chapter 3. Games kept my interest so far and the soundtrack has been excellent :ehh:

Anybody got any tips for a new player?:lupe:

The 3 main things are:
1) Agility is by far the most important stat in the game since it accounts for your accuracy and your evasion.
2) Don't feel compelled to keep a healer in your active party. You automatically heal up after any battle.
3) Don't forget about gems. They can really make the difference in some boss fights. With that being said, you don't have to go too crazy over them.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Totally new to the series but I took a chance on this last night and copped. Played for 3 hours straight and made it to chapter 3. Games kept my interest so far and the soundtrack has been excellent :ehh:

Anybody got any tips for a new player?:lupe:
Go in blind and auto-run is your best friend.
This is my next project having just beat Persona 5 Royal. I haven't played this game since it first came out on the Wii but I did beat it and loved it. We'll see if the new version holds up.
The battle system has aged like fine wine.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the only thing that matters is breaking and toppling your opponent. that's it. there's like maybe half a dozen enemies in the game total that make you fight honest.
Also some advice, don't be afraid to ditch Sharla from your lineup. A lot of times I felt the need to have dedicated healer on deck, but Rikki can do the job and hits much harder than her
yep. sharla is trash. didn't want to drop her but as soon as i did the game was easy mode

Cloud

Pro
Daps
Reppin
\
:wow: This game is legendary. Played it last summer and I was thoroughly entertained, gotta say.

You can make any character work easily, aside from Sharla. Melia is a little hard to fit in, but Dunban / Riki / Shulk is the GOAT lineup to me. Throw in some Reyn sometimes for the breaking and toppling and it's over assuming they aren't topple resist

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’m about 16 hours in and just met Rikki. This games soundtrack pretty much can’t miss. Every new area/environment has amazing background music :wow:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
the only thing that matters is breaking and toppling your opponent. that's it. there's like maybe half a dozen enemies in the game total that make you fight honest.
Positioning is a pretty big deal in this game. So I think Shadow Eye + Backslash and quite a few other combinations can be just as effective depending on the situation.

You also need to know what the hell you are doing when you use the Monado powers. Using Monado Buster or Purge as soon as you can might leave you in a tough spot with some serious decisions to make if you don't finish the job. :ufdup:Especially if you use it right before you have a vision. :sadcam:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
:wow: This game is legendary. Played it last summer and I was thoroughly entertained, gotta say.

You can make any character work easily, aside from Sharla. Melia is a little hard to fit in, but Dunban / Riki / Shulk is the GOAT lineup to me. Throw in some Reyn sometimes for the breaking and toppling and it's over assuming they aren't topple resist

Honestly my favorite lineup was Shulk/Fiora/Dunban. Honestly, Melia is probably the best character, but Shulk's A.I. is so bad that you need to control Shulk. And Melia's A.I. is actually even worse than Shulk's A.I.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I kinda wanna try this finally but Nintendo’s bytchasses never wanna put anything on sale.

If this was pc,ps4,one, it’d be 30 dollars by now

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
still, nintendo games never get a permanent knock down. It's annoying especially for those of us who buy digital

I mean it’s annoying but it’s a fact you have to accept with Nintendo. Unless they bring back Nintendo selects which I doubt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
just copped.

going back to the pro controller after using a ps5 controller for the past two months feels fake. This thng is tiny and weightless, crazy.

update:

this game is feeling a little.......ehhh:francis:

im hoping i didn't just blow 60 dollars caue i already feel like going bac kto dragon quest:sadcam:

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
just copped.

going back to the pro controller after using a ps5 controller for the past two months feels fake. This thng is tiny and weightless, crazy.

update:

this game is feeling a little.......ehhh:francis:

im hoping i didn't just blow 60 dollars caue i already feel like going bac kto dragon quest:sadcam:

I put 30 hours into this just to get kind of :ld: at the gameplay loop then picked up dragon quest and have been having more fun with that. I’m like 75% through the story but finishing it kinda feels like a chore at this point since I’d rather play DQ:ld: