Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man, this game is a completionist nightmare. It is not the fact that there are approximately 400 - 500 sidequests in the game. But the fact that you can miss out on them without even realizing it. I usually prefer to do all the side quests in any JRPG, but I am not repeating the quests in NG+. When I finish some of the post-game stuff and FC, I'll probably do an NG+ file that just focuses on the main story and the heart 2 hearts since I felt side quests did interpret the pace of the story at times.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This game is hard as fukk. Battle system keeps whooping my ass if the enemy is two levels or higher

My advice would be to go look over your party composition, what arts you are using, and which skills you set in the skill links. I never had trouble when an enemy was within 5 levels of me. Also, make sure to keep upgrading your gems and equipment that you find.

Agility is by far the most important stat in the game as it is used to determine your evasion and accuracy. Remember you can only one aura activated at a time, so having multiple of these arts on one unit is pointless until post-game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My advice would be to go look over your party composition, what arts you are using, and which skills you set in the skill links. I never had trouble when an enemy was within 5 levels of me. Also, make sure to keep upgrading your gems and equipment that you find.

Agility is by far the most important stat in the game as it is used to determine your evasion and accuracy. Remember you can only one aura activated at a time, so having multiple of these arts on one unit is pointless until post-game.
Yeah, agility is big. Its pretty much what decides how much damage you do and how much damage you take.

Also, this isn't a typical JRPG. Each battle is a sprint. If you need healing, you're simply not doing enough damage, disrupting the enemy with topples, or mitigating the damage received properly.

Basically - get Sharla the fukk out of your party as soon as possible.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah, agility is big. Its pretty much what decides how much damage you do and how much damage you take.

Also, this isn't a typical JRPG. Each battle is a sprint. If you need healing, you're simply not doing enough damage, disrupting the enemy with topples, or mitigating the damage received properly.

Basically - get Sharla the fukk out of your party as soon as possible.

Honestly, I never realized how bad Sharla was compared to the other 6 party members until I watched some of Enel's videos. Like she isn't bad she is by far the best healer on the team. But you never need that much healing and her buffs are very situational. Not to mention cool off is easily the worst talent art. To add on she is horrific in chain attacks.

I ran with Shulk, Durban, and Sharla for the majority of the main story with Dunban's agility always increased by 50. I did fine considering I was at best 3 levels below the bosses level. Mainly due to Sharla not getting any aggro and Shulk being able to reduce aggro with Shadow Eye. Also if was rare that I would get more then 5 attacks in a chain attack so that wasn't an issue at the time. I quickly swapped out Sharla for 7 once I realized how bad she was in comparison to the other party members. And if you are picky about healing then Ricky is a nice mix of Sharla and Melia.

I wished there were more setups that you could use Melia, but because of Visions you need to be controlling Shulk otherwise using the Monado will eat up the party gauge. Before NG+ where Shulk as a DPS is broken, she is the best character in the game due to her DOT being ridiculous.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My cousin plays this and from what I watched it’s dope but not better than XB2. I was gonna cop but since I’m late on the Switch I just got done with Fire Emblem. Anyone who play SAO games? I just picked up the new one

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My cousin plays this and from what I watched it’s dope but not better than XB2. I was gonna cop but since I’m late on the Switch I just got done with Fire Emblem. Anyone who play SAO games? I just picked up the new one
the main thing keeping me from the new SAO game is I'm sure about the character creation shyt. kirito is a deal breaker in all forms

and yeah, its not as good as XB2 but its still good in its own right

....its just got some weird quirks all around

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It is. holy shyt. I wasn't dying this much in Chronicles X or C2. :sadcam:

I can’t say anything X. But this game was a lot more straightforward then 2 especially chain attacks although optimizing then are less reliable.

The only thing tricky with this game is how invaluable agility is. Which I already mentioned earlier today.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This game can be tough in the sense that certain bosses put up walls where you might have to change up your party and grind a bit

But nothing in this game was as hard as the
Malos
fight in XC2 imo

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This game can be tough in the sense that certain bosses put up walls where you might have to change up your party and grind a bit

But nothing in this game was as hard as the
Malos
fight in XC2 imo

XC2 was my first serious JRPG. So I thought I should be fighting every opponent like I did with Pokémon. Needless to say the game became a breeze. Thank god for bringer of chaos being available for NG+.

These games imo require 0 grinding unless you are purposely ignoring all side quests. Or if you are doing a NG bringer of a chaos difficulty in XC2. But doing that is 1000 times more punishing then maddening mode in Three Houses.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the main thing keeping me from the new SAO game is I'm sure about the character creation shyt. kirito is a deal breaker in all forms

and yeah, its not as good as XB2 but its still good in its own right

....its just got some weird quirks all around
I know nothing about SAO I only seen the first episode of S1:russ:

yeah ONCE you’re able to create a character after ch1 which is long as fukk, I found out:

1)It’s real bare bones, can’t even make a dark complexion character

2)You’re still Kirito :deadmanny:
As in when you do mp everybody is a reskined Kirito

The gameplay is fun but it’s poorly optimized, like it’s real bad on the FPS

I got kinda lucky where my version isn’t too bad for whatever reason but the complaints are valid.

Overall it’s dope I have fun can’t wait for a patch. The devs who made the game are dead wrong for dropping it in its current state

yeah it’s a long post sorry

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Now that I have done everything I do think from a story perspective 1 is better than 2. But the difference isn't night and day and if you prefer I would understand. At both of the stories peaks, I honestly think they are equal. The problem is that 2 has pacing issues and some of the parts of the story that can get a little silly. I just believe 1's consistency is what puts it over me.

As far as the main protagonist are concerned I think overall 2 wins here. Now Shulk IMO is superior. You can get understand where he is coming from his character arc and it is done very well. Against Rex where like he is cool don't get me wrong, but he doesn't get as much development as the main protagonist should have. And also one thing to consider is the V.A. differences and is a big deal here. Well unless you are playing subbed.

But as far as other characters are concerned 2 clearly wins. 2 had better villains and all the other main party members. Now Dunban and Riki are awesome characters but what you see is what you get with them. Melia is the only one that gets character development, which is disappointing.

Now 2 has the superior combat system being the sequel. But I do believe 1's combat isn't bad its simplicity in comparison is one thing I do like. But this is one of the main reasons why post-game 2 is much superior. After you beat the post-game superbosses where 2 outclasses the original is the challenge mode. Where it will really test you if you know the combat. In DE you can cheese free mode by having your party be level 99 and none of them are difficult. While the restricted mode is way too restricting, a balance between these two would have solved the issue here On the other 2's challenge mode would test you to your limits. And if you beat all the challenges on bringer of chaos it should that you knew your shyt.

I don't think we can compare Future Connected with Torna because Torna was almost a full-fledged game served as DLC. FC is just a free side story. It was ok. It puts the focus on Melia and her character. But both Nene and Kino bring a lot of personalities that go under the radar. I loved the quiet moments in this part of the game. But the one big negative here is that the combat gets worst. You just feel so limited. Again full completing this mode shouldn't take you more than 15 hrs, so I guess it isn't a big since it is nowhere near as long as Torna.

I prefer 1 because of the story, but if your someone who puts more of a prefernce on post-game gameplay I could see why you would prefer 2.