Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I put 30 hours into this just to get kind of :ld: at the gameplay loop then picked up dragon quest and have been having more fun with that. I’m like 75% through the story but finishing it kinda feels like a chore at this point since I’d rather play DQ:ld:

:snoop: Should have trusted my gut

I got so many unplaced games in my switch library due to nintendo fans gassing everything

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I put 30 hours into this just to get kind of :ld: at the gameplay loop then picked up dragon quest and have been having more fun with that. I’m like 75% through the story but finishing it kinda feels like a chore at this point since I’d rather play DQ:ld:

Xenoblade is one of those games either you love it or you won't. It is also a game I wouldn't necessarily recommend unless they are super into jrpg's. The story is the main reason people play the original or its sequel. But both games do get overrated to some degree.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Xenoblade is one of those games either you love it or you won't. It is also a game I wouldn't necessarily recommend unless they are super into jrpg's. The story is the main reason people play the original or its sequel. But both games do get overrated to some degree.
the first one far more than the 2nd

i'm a huge fan of the series but i have a hard time recommending this game to anyone.

the second is fukking amazing and probably the best JPRG in the year it was released. even chronicles x was better (and it got its main criticisms for not being nearly as story focused and hand-holding).

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
the first one far more than the 2nd

i'm a huge fan of the series but i have a hard time recommending this game to anyone.

the second is fukking amazing and probably the best JPRG in the year it was released. even chronicles x was better (and it got its main criticisms for not being nearly as story focused and hand-holding).

XC 2 is what really got me into JRPG's, but one thing both games have a problem that they feel very bloated. In XC DE it is holy side quests galore and like the majority of them are pointless besides leveling up. But there is a chain of side quests that given some essential skills, but the player will never do them because their interpretation of side quests is that they don't really matter. Side quests are better done in XC2, but still feel very bloated. Some of the blade ones are kind of bad and inconvenient for the player. They seem to favor quantity too much imo.

I didn't notice these flaws as much until I played YS VIII. Which had a much higher quality of exploration, combat is pretty much at the same level, but combat in the early game is much more engaging and character development I would argue was better. Both XC games are terrific at their best and I really enjoyed both of them, but it is very likely they can either bore or be too weird for new players imo.

Never played XC X, but from the videos that I have seen it brings a lot of unique aspects that aren't present in JRPG's.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Slightly off topic, but is the New Game+ with XC2 a decent time? Do levels transfer? I wanna power through that again, then play the Torna DLC, and then go back and play the OG.

Damn i wanna fight everyone who told me this game was piff :beli:

Might be my favorite game ever. It was flawless IMO. Music, story, characters, the world, the battle system. Can't wait to revisit it with revamped graphics cuz it was an ugly game due to being on the Wii.

XC2 was a much more flawed experience, though I loved it as well.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Slightly off topic, but is the New Game+ with XC2 a decent time? Do levels transfer? I wanna power through that again, then play the Torna DLC, and then go back and play the OG.

Might be my favorite game ever. It was flawless IMO. Music, story, characters, the world, the battle system. Can't wait to revisit it with revamped graphics cuz it was an ugly game due to being on the Wii.

Iirc yes. And I believe NG+ allows you to level down. NG+ is really easy considering all the skills transfer. So it depends how much you grinded those. There are blades that are exclusive to NG+. You can always try bringer of chaos if you want a challenge.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't dislike XC1.

Its just not on the level of other X titles at all outside of certain high points of the story

yeah it lets you 'level down' for the NG+

the torna DLC is worth a run by itself

its good enough to be a standalone game. if you thought XC2 was good you'd love Torna

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
:mjlol: i said it earlier in the thread, game is overrated and too basic if your coming from XC2 to XC1:yeshrug:

I could see how fanboys who played it originally back in the day love it. the story is great but gameplay is lackluster and never really picks up, what u see in the first few chapters its what u get till the last chapter :francis:

XC2 will get a 2nd run for me ,just not anytime soon,XC1 :hhh:

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Just bought the game last night and idek wtf i'm doing. I keep on dying. Don't know how the combat system works and i don't like it so far. I prefer the turn base system like you'll find in pokemon, golden sun, FF games, etc.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just bought the game last night and idek wtf i'm doing. I keep on dying. Don't know how the combat system works and i don't like it so far. I prefer the turn base system like you'll find in pokemon, golden sun, FF games, etc.

I played for a half hour and never turned it back on lol I spent 60 dollars on it too

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Review the tutorials. The early game is very straight forward, but can be limiting until you leave Colony 9.

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Review the tutorials. The early game is very straight forward, but can be limiting until you leave Colony 9.

It's very limited in combat mode. After i use up all the arts all i can do is run around the enemies and slash until it cools down. I don't like the auto attack mode.