Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I didn't really care about that. Yeah the RNG aspect of it was :comeon: but you had damn near unlimited chances to get Blades. It's not as if the Core Crystals were hard to come by.

As far as the Blade quests....again :yeshrug: the quests in most JRPGs aren't anything special. Hell, 90% of the quests in this game are "kill X number of monsters" or "collect X number of items". At least in 2 there was a little bit of story for each of the Blades.

Fred.

That is a fair point. Also, I feel each player will have a different experience with it. Like I wasn't even trying to get Kos-Mos when I ended up getting her when the game launched.(Referencing people on Reddit.) While there are other people who complete this game multiple times and had trouble getting her. However, my last blade
Akhos
was beyond frustrating to get. It can get tedious if you get unlucky.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That is a fair point. Also, I feel each player will have a different experience with it. Like I wasn't even trying to get Kos-Mos when I ended up getting her when the game launched.(Referencing people on Reddit.) While there are other people who complete this game multiple times and had trouble getting her. However, my last blade
Akhos
was beyond frustrating to get. It can get tedious if you get unlucky.

Yeah no doubt, that's why I said the RNG (random number generator) aspect of the game was dumb.

But then again I played "FFXI" for a minute (the first MMORPG) so I was probably conditioned to deal with that better than most people.:manny:

Fred.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Sunken cost fallacy is in effect :youngsabo:
It's cool to have a new area/ switched up mechanics etc. for free considering the character models and textures and quality of stuff life they fixed in the game. I'm not mad it's there but it's not comparable to Torna at all.

Last edited:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Before I put this away, does the extra story DLC have anything worth playing through for the story?
Not really. It never really explains the core part of it. Which leads some to speculate it's to tie in the next game. So maybe it'll make more sense in the future. But as of now it doesn't really go anywhere. If you love the universe and want to run around it more it's ok. Maybe like 10 hours of stuff, actually maybe less now that I think about it.

I mean it is called Future Connected so maybe it is a bridge.

I loved the game (XC) so I played it just to see, but it wasn't spectacular. If you didn't love the game enough to want to see more about the characters and keep exploring the world than you'll probably be fine skipping it.

I'm heavy into the plot and it's symbolism and especially how the
Two games are connected. It's really cool stuff and intriguing too. I even beat XC2 again just to experience those reveals now that I knew what they meant
so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any cool new information pertaining to the world.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
From a story, world, character, and lore standpoint 1 > 2. Obviously pure gameplay 2 will have a move refined version of 1's battle system and will end up being better. I feel like Xenoblade 2 went way too far into shounen anime territory and had way too much fan service pandering.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Not really. It never really explains the core part of it. Which leads some to speculate it's to tie in the next game. So maybe it'll make more sense in the future. But as of now it doesn't really go anywhere. If you love the universe and want to run around it more it's ok. Maybe like 10 hours of stuff, actually maybe less now that I think about it.

I mean it is called Future Connected so maybe it is a bridge.

I loved the game (XC) so I played it just to see, but it wasn't spectacular. If you didn't love the game enough to want to see more about the characters and keep exploring the world than you'll probably be fine skipping it.

I'm heavy into the plot and it's symbolism and especially how the
Two games are connected. It's really cool stuff and intriguing too. I even beat XC2 again just to experience those reveals now that I knew what they meant
so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any cool new information pertaining to the world.
Appreciate it. fukk it, 10 more hours won't hurt.

From a story, world, character, and lore standpoint 1 > 2. Obviously pure gameplay 2 will have a move refined version of 1's battle system and will end up being better. I feel like Xenoblade 2 went way too far into shounen anime territory and had way too much fan service pandering.
rNJ5Uq7.gif

The story of a game 70 hours long can be summed up in two paragraphs or less until the last three chapters with nothing of significance lost. Every character in this game is bad. I can't believe Shulk had enough fans to warrant his spot in Smash Bros. The world is actually very interesting and plainly beautiful - traveling in it? Trash. This combat had to have been jank at the time too. I don't know if I could've finished this game without the auto-run feature.

I'm only disappointed because I had a high expectations but at the same time, this one of the best JRPG franchises ever. You just expect certain things. Out of the entire franchise, I could only put this Xenoblade Chronicles 1 over Xenosaga Episode 2 - and that's not entirely fair because its the only bad game in the franchise. This game isn't bad by any means but its wholly misrepresented in nearly every aspect. I'm just retroactively baffled that I let people talk me into believing that it was better than X or 2. Most of the characters you get have their development either finished by the time they join your party or have it tidily knotted off 50 hours later with nothing in between. The only reason I could even see the last few bosses in the game was because I was so overleveled that I didn't have to divert all my attention to the UI.

I don't even know how you say 2 was shounen and fan service when Sharla is nothing but a soulless husk with titties and Shulk literally spends the entire game going from one sword powerup to the next. Its amazing to me how no one talks about how this is by far the worst group of characters in the entire franchise. Not just the main party, but across the board. I'm okay with wasted pixels on random fukkery when the main characters are worth the time spent.

This party was so forgettable that I actually forgot some people were in my party while I was playing the game :dead:

Solid 7/10 game that got carried by an fanfukkingtastic OST, overall directon, and being ahead of its time in regards to its scope - and pulling it off the Wii of all platforms. This game is not bad. And I probably would've enjoyed it more without years of hyperbole...

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps

That is the common theme that i see online when folks complain about xc2 too anime, over sexualized chracter models. It didnt bother me because it was whateva, but i can see how it can be annoying to some.

Others also complained about the gameplay been to complex,am like yea true,that didnt make it bad folks were to lazy or just:flabbynsick: to bother learning the system.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
That is the common theme that i see online when folks complain about xc2 too anime, over sexualized chracter models. It didnt bother me because it was whateva, but i can see how it can be annoying to some.

Others also complained about the gameplay been to complex,am like yea true,that didnt make it bad folks were to lazy or just:flabbynsick: to bother learning the system.

The thing in the base game, not Torna you didn't have an option to go back to view tutorials which is just horrific. For instance, what happens when you break an orb in a chain attack. Canceling your auto-attack into an art. What are Blade and Driver Combos? I mean you could go on youtube and shyt, but that leaves you open to being spoiled, which will ruin the experience.

Also the anime stuff in fine in XB2, this gets completely exaggerated. I didn't start watching anime till a year XB2 launched and it didn't bother me. When XB2 story gets good it is as good as any JRPG. But the pacing mostly early on sucks. You don't get a :gladbron: moment until you unlock Mythra, which doesn't happen till the end of Chapter 3. But even then I feel the story doesn't pick up until you reach Tantal after that the game becomes pure crack.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just got to chapter 10. Man both Xenoblade games really know how to get to you :mjcry:

Last edited: