Xbox Series X reviews are in

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They are right ultimately. Many people buy new consoles to play games they can’t do on other platforms or to experience the best version of a game. XSX doesn’t have that.

However, console generations last years and games will come. My OG XB1 is on its last legs, so this launch will be fitting to upgrade. Plus there are still some games I still play that will be significantly improved. They are fortunate they’ve made quite an investment into BC because if they didn’t, god help them this generation :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IGN gave it an 8 :leon: respectable

I know ppl don’t fukk with them but I still place stock in their reviews...they’ve done right by me and their writers are in tune with what I’m into as far as gaming...no rush...if I can get my hands on one next week then I will pick it up...if not tho then I will more than likely fall back until some exclusives I want drop and the console is more readily available

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cherry picked a single review
:mjlol:

These reviews say nothing different from what we already knew. It's a beast of a console lacking in exclusives.

True, but I think we can all agree launch is probably not the best time to say "lacking exclusives" about a console.

As someone who is in the market for an XBox, this tells me that I was right to wait and pick one up outside the launch window. The approach of keeping a lot of things the same between controllers, interface, etc is great for people that are already invested in the XBox platform. But knowing that for the time being, aside from load times and visual upgrades, this is just another iteration of a console that I ultimately never wanted is a bit disappointing.

The X looks like it has the potential to be really great, and I want it to reach that potential. Unfortunately, much like last generation, we're being asked to wait.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
True, but I think we can all agree launch is probably not the best time to say "lacking exclusives" about a console.

As someone who is in the market for an XBox, this tells me that I was right to wait and pick one up outside the launch window. The approach of keeping a lot of things the same between controllers, interface, etc is great for people that are already invested in the XBox platform. But knowing that for the time being, aside from load times and visual upgrades, this is just another iteration of a console that I ultimately never wanted is a bit disappointing.

The X looks like it has the potential to be really great, and I want it to reach that potential. Unfortunately, much like last generation, we're being asked to wait.

This is what I mostly agree with. The Xbox one did poorly due to the exclusives and now they’re telling us we can go back and enjoy all those NON-exclusives or not so GREAT exclusives on a new console which is just a bit more powerful than the one they just released 2 1/2 years ago.