Xbox Series S Won’t Play Xbox One X Enhancements.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
:mjlit: now we know why halo looked the way it looked :mjlit:

‘For real. Developing for XBOX One X, XBOX Series S, and XBOX S Series X is like playing Minesweeper.

I want to do “X” and it’ll work on “XBOX One X” and “Series X” but won’t work on ‘Series S” if I augment it to run on Series S then it will no longer work on “One X”.

:gucci:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I just had a psychotic bytch named @Dorian Breh call for the raping of my wife with an Xbox?
Then he negged me?

I invite you to come try it yourself you fukk nikka. I will send your bytch ass to an early grave and throw a PS5 in ya casket you fukk boy. Since you want to die for this fukking console War shyt I’ll gladly oblige.

You Stanley’s need mental help

don’t ever mention me again

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I just had a psychotic bytch named @Dorian Breh call for the raping of my wife with an Xbox?
Then he negged me?

I invite you to come try it yourself you fukk nikka. I will send your bytch ass to an early grave and throw a PS5 in ya casket you fukk boy. Since you want to die for this fukking console War shyt I’ll gladly oblige.

You Stanley’s need mental help

don’t ever mention me again
To be honest, how will you even know if I do come and try it? Play Flight Simulator while your wife gets fukked, cuck brehs...

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Eht4gkCXgAET19W

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
but the X1 still has a more powerful GPU than the Series S, so the Series S won't be able to pull off the same resolution enhancements
The series s has a better GPU than the 1X.

Theres no reason that the series s shouldn't be able to run last gen games at the same resolution as last gen hardware. I understand that the series s wasn't designed to run NEXT GEN games at 4k, but not even last gen games?

The series s is more powerful than the one X in every way, so what's the problem? Unless they are lying about specs.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

Theres no reason that the series s shouldn't be able to run last gen games at the same resolution as last gen hardware. I understand that the series s wasn't designed to run NEXT GEN games at 4k, but not even last gen games?

The series s is more powerful than the one X in every way, so what's the problem? Unless they are lying about specs.
zWY9UnFB-ZXfCs20VESo_lB_HvHgMUu3yC0BP0q-M2wxpBp5m9I3u8RCL5d8aeGoxE93Q-O_pr9eFKwtMK5M6jOtBMZEUN4e-JSrwsafzyeln2C6zNMHTpjMHfthE-ghJecC=w220-h165

Design a console for the mythical 1440p 120hz tv, brehs

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That's what I was thinking. I mean DF made a video showing a 4.3TF current gen GPU running games at 1440P~4K and besides a few it was playable. I don't see why the S is artificially being limited from what MSFT has stated. DF already tested this scenario and it's more than capable but it seems like they'd need to recreate patches since it's different.

The biggest takeaway is that the 4.3TF Navi is capable of outperforming all of the 6.0TF GCN cards I stacked it up against, despite its apparent lack of raw compute power and its huge memory bandwidth disadvantage against every other contender on the field. It's not a comprehensive win, obviously, but I do feel that despite my best attempts to balance the RX 5500 XT, bandwidth is likely too low - and unfortunately, for reasons I don't quite understand, AMD's Navi GPUs really don't like having their GDDR6 modules over-clocked, so there's not much I could do to redress the balance.
In Theory: Can a four teraflop GPU cut it for a next-gen console?

:yeshrug: Idk shyt seems gimped in some ways.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's what I was thinking. I mean DF made a video showing a 4.3TF current gen GPU running games at 1440P~4K and besides a few it was playable. I don't see why the S is artificially being limited.
People keep saying its because the GPU is weaker than the one x but its not.

DF has put out many videos demonstrating the difference between next gen teraflops and this gen. Teraflops in next gen hardware is supposedly 60 percent more efficient than last gen, you theoretically they should be able to get better results with less teraflops with the new hardware.

DF even had videos demonstrating how much more efficient next gen hardware is.

Was that all a bunch of bullshyt?

Is 6.0 GCN teraflops better than 4.0 RDNA2 teraflops?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

Apparently this is the one issue where ram is the bottleneck cause you would need more for a end all general solution. Xbone X had 9gb usable ram specifically because it was meant to be a 4K box....Series S is not supposed to be a 4K box and the 8gb of ram reflects that. Now, it would be possible to go into every game, modify the x enhancements to specifically taylor to the Series S that would run better than the xbox one x. This is exactly what Gears 5 will do.

But the problem is that that would take time and man hours....Xbox don't see the point in committing this time because they specifically have a 500 dollar console that do what you're asking. And the third party developers definitely won't take the time to commit cause they too busy working on other stuff. So we're now at the conclusion we are at now....not a 4K box so no need to put in the time to patch in those 4K updates....on a game by game basis btw.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Apparently this is the one issue where ram is the bottleneck cause you would need more for a end all general solution. Xbone X had 9gb usable ram specifically because it was meant to be a 4K box....Series S is not supposed to be a 4K box and the 8gb of ram reflects that. Now, it would be possible to go into every game, modify the x enhancements to specifically taylor to the Series S that would run better than the xbox one x. This is exactly what Gears 5 will do.

But the problem is that that would take time and man hours....Xbox don't see the point in committing this time because they specifically have a 500 dollar console that do what you're asking. And the third party developers definitely won't take the time to commit cause they too busy working on other stuff. So we're now at the conclusion we are at now....not a 4K box so no need to put in the time to patch in those 4K updates....on a game by game basis btw.
Sounds like Microsoft fukked up

:hhh:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
thing about it breh, if thats what ppl want specifically they will buy the hardware that can do it

yall trip me out with this -cant do- stuff. nobody is buying one thing just to be mad its not another thing

ha ha your dog dont even meow lookin ass

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Series s ports are about to look like switch ports.

Iunno why yall keep saying this

:francis:

S has next gen technology in it specfically made for next gen games breh. DLSS upscaling, ray tracing and a beefy CPU guaranteeing solid framerates. Switch resolution don't even be the main problem, shyt a nice LG upscales the 720p-1080p very nicely on my TV. The shyt chugs cause of other reasons usually always having to drop fps. We shouldn't see that on Series S anytime soon.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Iunno why yall keep saying this

:francis:

S has next gen technology in it specfically made for next gen games breh. DLSS upscaling, ray tracing and a beefy CPU guaranteeing solid framerates. Switch resolution don't even be the main problem, shyt a nice LG upscales the 720p-1080p very nicely on my TV. The shyt chugs cause of other reasons usually always having to drop fps. We shouldn't see that on Series S anytime soon.

The next switch might make the series s irrelevant.