Xbox knocked that shyt out the park man :wow:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
:mjlol: @ calling this a stan war...honestly, this is a charity event. Matter of fact, its a chance for the hadi-capable to get their shine - it's essentially the special olympics.

MS is a technology company, always has been and always will be. They specialize in platforms and integration of those platforms. Xbox will always be just another platform in the portfolio and thats the reason they can give you bells and whistles "DX12", "The Cloud!", "Teraflops!", etc but can rarely deliver on what game consoles are intended for.

It's actually entertaining at the start of every generation to see Courtdog put on his best old-school snake oil salesman suit, parade around regurgitating partial facts and wildly waving his arms shouting technical terms he doesn't understand. All while Meach and the rest of the congregation sit front row and ad-lib and encourage his buffoonery.

The next generation will look a lot like the current one in terms of sales and player base, feel free to bookmark this so in 2 years when you all are having an orgasm over the trailers of your first AAA exclusive from one of the studios that is supposed to help level the playing field, it won't seem so bad.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Destiny 2 is open world and on PC and soon PS5/XsX 60fps looks better than Halo graphically. Halo is still a current gen game. From what we saw today at least Destiny 2 is a perfectly valid comparison as both are technically from the same developer.
That’s what I’m saying. Had way more going on on-screen as well. And I think destiny is 30fps though

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
AK3AnaI.gif

Y’all buggin :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s what I’m saying. Had way more going on on-screen as well. And I think destiny is 30fps though
Apparently Meach just confirmed to me Destiny 2 isn't really open world since it's not one giant world map so I guess that's settled. It also doesn't look graphically better even though both are current gen games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Halo Infinite isn't quite open-world but you can backtrack through it
@Kamikaze Revy

Halo isn't even open world :mjlol:

Now one more excuse ticked away. :mjlol:

The Destiny 2 comparisons are even more valid.
Read the article dummy :mjlol:

it sort of sounds as though Halo Infinite will have permanent unlockable upgrades through Metroidvania-like exploration? Also, doesn't seem unreasonable to infer that it'll be mostly open-world by the end of the game. Speaking to that last point, that probably means there's a fast-travel system of sorts, especially considering that Halo Infinite is bigger than the last couple Halo games combined.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Read the article dummy :mjlol:
Mostly open world. Basically like I mentioned before...it’ll be like the hub areas in tomb raider which was pretty obvious from the gameplay reveal. This isn’t going to be Halo/Skyrim like you guys claim. But once it’s confirmed that it isn’t I’m sure you’ll have reasons as to why it’s actually better that way.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Mostly open world. Basically like I mentioned before...it’ll be like the hub areas in tomb raider which was pretty obvious from the gameplay reveal. This isn’t going to be Halo/Skyrim like you guys claim. But once it’s confirmed that it isn’t I’m sure you’ll have reasons as to why it’s actually better that way.
No. They said nothing about mostly or hub world.

You made that up. :ufdup:

Not quite, although you'd be forgiven if you came away with that impression. In a press session this afternoon that Destructoid attended, associate creative director Paul Crocker explained that the narrative moves the player through new areas, but then they're unlocked for further exploration.

He’s talking about progression. Not the structure of the world..

It’s not “open” in that you have to progress through the story to unlock new areas. But the game takes place on a huge open map, not individual levels.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No. They said nothing about mostly or hub world.

You made that up. :ufdup:
“Mostly open world” is not open world doofus.
And why is this a talking point anyway? All of this is an excuse for the mediocre graphics on what is being touted as the most powerful console on the face of the planet using the most powerful cloud based system for support. Why so many paragraphs about why no one should be comment on how mediocre the game looked in action. The game introduced a hook mechanic and nothing more. It had less enemies and dynamic effects than the recent halo. Yeah yeah open world. The fact is...you NEED it to be open world to justify the areas it’s lacking in.