Xbox Dung Recording Feature Only Works With Gold Membership

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I don't get why people who have no plans of getting an xbox have such a problem with xbox live. As far as ps+ goes, if you plan on paying for it then what's the diff? Im sure most of us aren't planning on paying for ps+ and not keeping it, same ideology, whether a feature is behind a paywall or not, you're still paying so there isnt much of a difference here.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't get why people who have no plans of getting an xbox have such a problem with xbox live. As far as ps+ goes, if you plan on paying for it then what's the diff? Im sure most of us aren't planning on paying for ps+ and not keeping it, same ideology, whether a feature is behind a paywall or not, you're still paying so there isnt much of a difference here.

Come on fam, shyt like netflix, amazon movies, skype should not be behind the paywall. That is pure uncut bullshyt and greed. And we both know that if MS allows free 2 play games, it's gonna be behind the paywall too.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Come on fam, shyt like netflix, amazon movies, skype should not be behind the paywall. That is pure uncut bullshyt and greed. And we both know that if MS allows free 2 play games, it's gonna be behind the paywall too.
It would affect me if I didn't have xbox live. But I do, same with ps+,i plan on having it so anything behind a paywall means nothing to me. Besides, I've been getting xbl free for the last 3 months, and ps+ free for the past 3. We all know u are a sony guy anyway so why does it bother you?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I feel likes its the principle of the matter, microsoft isnt kicking down netflix, hulu, etc. a piece of the cut so why is it so important for subscription based apps to be behind a paywall? Its so anyone that isnt just trying to game 1992 style will pay them money. Pure Greed.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It would affect me if I didn't have xbox live. But I do, same with ps+,i plan on having it so anything behind a paywall means nothing to me. Besides, I've been getting xbl free for the last 3 months, and ps+ free for the past 3. We all know u are a sony guy anyway so why does it bother you?

It's the mufukkin principle. :beli:

And then we wonder why these corporations pull the shyt they do...... :snoop:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Xbox consumers. Willing to accept slavery jusst to troll consumers that purchase their rivals products.

Ideal customer.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's really no reason for threads like these to be longer than 2 pages.

The only reason these kind of topics go on and on is because Xbox fans deem this practice as "fine". All you Xbox stans have to say is, "it's fukked up, but oh well, I don't care" and keep it moving.

I would actually love to be able to use MS apps without Xbox Live. I don't plan on getting a One, but I do plan on using the 360 just for the NBA League Pass app and the ESPN app during the NBA season. I did that for months this year without playing a game. I got Xbox Live because of Halo 4 and I didn't even play that game after about 3 months or maybe less. The rest of my Live sub was used for streaming. I have a Roku in the mancave, but the stream is crisper on Live, it was buggy in it's first year (which kind of pissed me off because I was really paying extra for it ie. Xbox Live) so I ended up watching a lot of games on my Roku anyway. Never stuttered or paused for no reason at all like the Xbox app.

I get free ESPN with the 360 also.

-My options are paying for Live to access streaming apps :smh:
-Hook up my laptop every time I want to watch a game down there
-Get cable which I really ain't trying to get
-Build a small HTPC just for streaming down there

Honestly, in my opinion, it's really stupid and fukked up that they do this shyt for apps that are free everywhere else. On top of this, my lil bro is a broke college student who's roommate has a 360 but doesn't have Xbox Live (he's not into games like that). My lil bro only wanted to use the Xbox to watch HBOGo, ESPN or whatever occasionally. He couldn't even do that because he didn't have Live. That's just dumb to me. I had to let him sign into my account just to use apps on his roommates Xbox. I know people will be like, it's only 5 dollars a month, which isn't shyt for me, but it's just the principle that in my specific instance, I would literally be paying just to use apps for my system without playing any games on it.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
One Hit Pixel eh :heh: And I can tell you that most of the info they posted is them guessing. There is no source, its no different than you or myself just making a statement then saying I called Microsoft to confirm. Which Microsoft who doesn't comment on rumors :ufdup: told them about the DVR for Gold which was a no brainer.
If you don't have online, you not sharing shyt. Or maybe you wanted to share yourself playing a 1plyr game? Get a PS4 to do that lame shyt
On xbox, we actually play games and don't have time to watch others do it. What kind of lame ass nikkaz would do that :what:
They must be out they fukking mind to make nikkas pay on order to hook your own cable box up to watch tv.

fukkin microsoft
Well since Microsoft already confirmed that wasn't the case back at E3 I wouldn't worry about it. You don't remember back when they was still "always online" they said if you didn't have internet access you could still use the cable features. Any of those features that require internet (like channel listings via xbox live) wouldn't work but everything else would. And you see how this fake article didn't even have Microsoft speak on anything else. This is where you assume the worse, then parade around another xbox thread since PS4 once again has nothing to share :umad:
xboxlivepaywall_zps0b204805.jpg
I'm glad you found this. @Rekkapryde you see how THE NFL on XBOX has a nice "coming soon" by it. Remember Madden 25, watching Sunday Ticket via Xbox One and soon Xbox 360 as well :blessed:
:wow: how do xbots defend this?
How do you defend this
When you fakkits was like "Oh please let PSN remain free, I'll bounce if they charge" well they charging and all you fakkits forgot to go PC only :ohhh:
Here, let me show you one of those threads http://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-ps4-online-free-or-naw.119409/
How do you defend PSN going down for 2months, How do you defend 77million accounts being jeopardized?
How do you defend after all this, they didn't do what was needed to protect your online habitat?

Now those things leave up exploits to XBL, so pay the $4 and you won't have to deal with the bullshyt that is PSN
We getting dedicated servers and Cloud + NFL for our service. What you got for paying for a bootleg Gamefly is the option for sony to sell you games you already own via Gaikai. You can't be this stupid can you :wow:
So Making excuses for MS charging for shyt that is free on all other platforms is justified in your case? :beli:
You get what you pay for Rekka. Since PSN is free, you paying for it now (literally too :umad: )

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
There's really no reason for threads like these to be longer than 2 pages.

The only reason these kind of topics go on and on is because Xbox fans deem this practice as "fine". All you Xbox stans have to say is, "it's fukked up, but oh well, I don't care" and keep it moving.

I would actually love to be able to use MS apps without Xbox Live. I don't plan on getting a One, but I do plan on using the 360 just for the NBA League Pass app and the ESPN app during the NBA season. I did that for months this year without playing a game. I got Xbox Live because of Halo 4 and I didn't even play that game after about 3 months or maybe less. The rest of my Live sub was used for streaming. I have a Roku in the mancave, but the stream is crisper on Live, it was buggy in it's first year (which kind of pissed me off because I was really paying extra for it ie. Xbox Live) so I ended up watching a lot of games on my Roku anyway. Never stuttered or paused for no reason at all like the Xbox app.

I get free ESPN with the 360 also.

-My options are paying for Live to access streaming apps :smh:
-Hook up my laptop every time I want to watch a game down there
-Get cable which I really ain't trying to get
-Build a small HTPC just for streaming down there

Honestly, in my opinion, it's really stupid and fukked up that they do this shyt for apps that are free everywhere else. On top of this, my lil bro is a broke college student who's roommate has a 360 but doesn't have Xbox Live (he's not into games like that). My lil bro only wanted to use the Xbox to watch HBOGo, ESPN or whatever occasionally. He couldn't even do that because he didn't have Live. That's just dumb to me. I had to let him sign into my account just to use apps on his roommates Xbox. I know people will be like, it's only 5 dollars a month, which isn't shyt for me, but it's just the principle that in my specific instance, I would literally be paying just to use apps for my system without playing any games on it.

Look who made the thread :beli:

Get your Sony Stans who make dumbass troll thread. No it both parties actually.It like the kobe and lebron threads in the coliseum. It not going to end. :beli:
I agree with you with the paywall shyt, but unless we get people to petition it. it not going to go away. It business.
With computers in this day and age. You seriously can't use this resources(internet) in finding xbl for free?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Look who made the thread :beli:

Get your Sony Stans who make dumbass troll thread. No it both parties actually.It like the kobe and lebron threads in the coliseum. It not going end. :beli:
I agree with you with the paywall shyt, but unless we get people to petition it. it not going to go away. It business.
With computers in this day and age. You seriously can't use this resources(internet) in finding xbl for free?
Look, you have to realize you talking to a bunch of dudes who are either about to go bankrupt, live in a halfway house, rent a room in a trailer/etc.

Did you hear you can save $100 if you get a ps4 :gladbron: fukk anything else, thats all I needed to hear with my broke ass :laff: