Xbox and Nintendo make more profit than Playstation off less revenue

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Apple cared.

Its still freezing out your competition from those companies developing for them. Its the same shyt, just smaller scale.

Besides, I never understood why people expect 2 competitive companies to have same exact business model?

Sony buys smaller developers, that they can afford.
Microsoft buys bigger developers, that they can afford.
They're not buying devs themselves, they are buying the entire publisher company with multiple development studios in them who were already making multiplatform games for all systems with the intent to try and monopolize. Already have it documented they were trying to freeze out not only Sony but making plans for a hostile takeover of Nintendo.

They are clowns fam with an already documented history of anti competitive practices.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They're not buying devs themselves, they are buying the entire publisher company with multiple development studios in them who were already making multiplatform games for all systems with the intent to try and monopolize. Already have it documented they were trying to freeze out not only Sony but making plans for a hostile takeover of Nintendo.

They are clowns fam with an already documented history of anti competitive practices.
Lots of devs ARE publishers I.E. Bungie.

You dudes only reach for a distinction between the two so you can continue to stan playstation and feign disdain for xbox.

Stop it :stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You dudes only reach for a distinction between the two so you can continue to stan playstation and feign disdain for xbox.

How many "publishers" has Sony acquired since Playstation 1 that were making games for all platforms, with franchises that were well known and then suddenly Sony comes in and acquires them and keeps the rest of the franchise off of other platforms?

Just give me the studios and franchises that were multiplat e.g. Nintendo/Xbox that are now permanently stuck on Playstation consoles?

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

ls0wpaB.gif

Shut up, faggit

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How many "publishers" has Sony acquired since Playstation 1 that were making games for all platforms, with franchises that were well known and then suddenly Sony comes in and acquires them and keeps the rest of the franchise off of other platforms?

Just give me the studios and franchises that were multiplat that are now only on Playstation Permanently.
Its this simple. The Majority of developers under the playstation banner are known for their games created for playstation. Teams that Xbox acquires aren't best known for their Xbox releases, but what they made before being acquired.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Just like xbox

:ehh:
This nikka :laff:
Why'd you cut off the rest of my sentence?

What are the publishers?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

Just give me the studios and franchises that were multiplat that are now only on Playstation Permanently.
He can't, and everything you listed is why the Xbots are salty AF. Because Sony acquired these lesser known studios and gave them the chance to make something. They're salty that Sony hogged up all that potential. Because the one thing they sure as fukk can't do is explain why Microsoft, with all of their fukk you money, couldn't take the huge amounts of money they're willing to throw at 3rd party studios to have their games on Game Pass, instead of investing that money into making something original with what they already owned, or making their own exclusivity deals.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He can't, and everything you listed is why the Xbots are salty AF. Because Sony acquired these lesser known studios and gave them the chance to make something. They're salty that Sony hogged up all that potential. Because the one thing they sure as fukk can't do is explain why Microsoft, with all of their fukk you money, couldn't take the huge amounts of money they're willing to throw at 3rd party studios to have their games on Game Pass, instead of investing that money into making something original with what they already owned, or making their own exclusivity deals.
This. They do all this deflecting and jawboning to then bringing up irrelevant stuff but can't name anything. You ask and some spit out "pSygNosiS!" as if Psygnosis was this juggernaut studio making bangers for SNES and evil Sony just came in and took it away.