Xbots Please............

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
...with that said

I'm a bit torn by Shadow Fall being a launch title. The cat and mouse game between the campaign running 30fps and the MP running 60fps or being targeted for it is telling me that the game would really benefit from a spring release. Also, the competition at launch will be tough. It can go both ways for them honestly. If they make a game that's true to what made Killzone 2 great, it'll be different enough from the competition to garner interest. If they go like they did with Killzone 3... then it'll be forgotten quickly.

I honestly wouldn't have had a problem with them pairing up the game's release with Titan Fall's... but Sony needs it at launch because without it there's only Knack and Drive Club coming out on the system.

:dead:

What's the difference between KZ2 and other shooters that you're speaking on. School me breh.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's the difference between KZ2 and other shooters that you're speaking on. School me breh.
COD = fast paced/twitch FPS, haven't played it since MW2, but there was a major emphasis on killstreaks in the game
BF = slow to fast paced, maps are huge and descructible, gameplay is realistic with an emphasis on teamwork. Battles within battles because of the vehicle element
Halo = medium to fast paced, individual skill is at the forefront here. Way more health than the other games, so a lot of gun battles take place all match
Killzone = medium to fast paced, more health than COD/BF but less than Halo. Emphasis on teamwork like BF, but without the vehicles.

They're all really distinctively different. COD is the arcade shooter that's set in modern times, but it's not going for realism. BF is an all out war... infantry, tanks, jets, choppers, boats etc the scale is massive in the game. Halo is the futuristic fantasy game that takes a lot of skill to master, and Killzone is the modern/futuristic game that puts the player in a future world with some realistic aspects and completely futuristic elements.

I'm sure I can go even deeper but that's just a lil summary I guess.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Killzone might be fun. Why not. It's the best looking fps so far. Titan fall is a must own though

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
COD = fast paced/twitch FPS, haven't played it since MW2, but there was a major emphasis on killstreaks in the game
BF = slow to fast paced, maps are huge and descructible, gameplay is realistic with an emphasis on teamwork. Battles within battles because of the vehicle element
Halo = medium to fast paced, individual skill is at the forefront here. Way more health than the other games, so a lot of gun battles take place all match
Killzone = medium to fast paced, more health than COD/BF but less than Halo. Emphasis on teamwork like BF, but without the vehicles.

They're all really distinctively different. COD is the arcade shooter that's set in modern times, but it's not going for realism. BF is an all out war... infantry, tanks, jets, choppers, boats etc the scale is massive in the game. Halo is the futuristic fantasy game that takes a lot of skill to master, and Killzone is the modern/futuristic game that puts the player in a future world with some realistic aspects and completely futuristic elements.

I'm sure I can go even deeper but that's just a lil summary I guess.

Oh ok. I knew of the themes of each game, but not much else of what separated them. Preciated .

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...with that said

I'm a bit torn by Shadow Fall being a launch title. The cat and mouse game between the campaign running 30fps and the MP running 60fps ....
you have to take into consideration that they're going for a much more ambitious non linear campaign so it'll be much larger environment wise compared to the mp. I can tell the visuals for sp will be jaw dropping and that will be quite a feat since mp is already beautiful.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Killzone 2 was one of the best console FPS on current gen. It's a classic IMO. Reading these comments... :wow:

The hate is unwarranted. People who don't know shyt about Killzone calling it trash because of what? I don't know how the gameplay/recoil will be when Shadow Fall drops, and Killzone 3 was a major disappointment for me, but if they capture the essence of Killzone 2's gameplay again I'm sure the game will be fine. It'll outsell all of the other launch exclusives for sure.

It's like BF on a lower scale... with more strafing/gun battles because you have more health than you do in BF. Killzone 2 had some of the best level design of any game that I've ever played. Every map was dope af on there.
Dudes in here claiming killzone must be wack since it didnt match the sales of halo and shyt.

I feel like killzone didnt get the love it deserved, it. Was more hardcore than its competitors and if nikkas cant jump on a game and instantly beast, they lose interest and turn on simple ass cod.

The shyt ive been hearing about this game is amazing and sound alot different than the other games in the series but these nikkas still saying its only bringing graphics to the table, haters lol

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
You don't play kill zone so what you know about it's gameplay? tell me about it.

nikka u serious? i played killzone 2. Outside of the gfx it's just another shooter. There is nothign memorable about this franchise at all. Like I said, you're the type of nikka that is blinded by pretty looks...you're the equivalent of lil wayne fans, who thinks he's god gift to rap because of how much he sold.

looks like a clunky 'weighted' shooter (with no recoil). what else is there to know about it?

Killzone 2 had HORRIBLE mechanics when it came to aiming and moving....that fukkin input delay...smh. Like I said, nikkas ignore mechanics n shyt for looks...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
these xbots are horrible :wow: was listening to some joystiq podcast, when some 360 fanboys started shytting on killzone. one duke was talkin bout how it's a clear rip off of the gears of war franchise. then the other cac informed them that killzone 1 was out about 2 yrs before GoW. you could literally hear the :skip: over the mic, dude had made a complete ass out of himself and had nothing else to say about it :heh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dudes in here claiming killzone must be wack since it didnt match the sales of halo and shyt.

I feel like killzone didnt get the love it deserved, it. Was more hardcore than its competitors and if nikkas cant jump on a game and instantly beast, they lose interest and turn on simple ass cod.

The shyt ive been hearing about this game is amazing and sound alot different than the other games in the series but these nikkas still saying its only bringing graphics to the table, haters lol
It's amazing breh.

The devs have come out and said they're aiming for 60fps for the multiplayer, they've said the settings will be completely customizable online which will basically let the players dictate what's OP and needs to be nerfed (Guerilla will be using the analytics/statistics for what settings are being played the most towards balancing the game), they've came out and said the game is releasing with 10 maps for multiplayer at launch... on top of that they've said that ALL the DLC that will be released for the game will be free.

But somehow, some way, people are calling the game shyt.

:heh:

Okay brehs.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's amazing breh.

The devs have come out and said they're aiming for 60fps for the multiplayer, they've said the settings will be completely customizable online which will basically let the players dictate what's OP and needs to be nerfed (Guerilla will be using the analytics/statistics for what settings are being played the most towards balancing the game), they've came out and said the game is releasing with 10 maps for multiplayer at launch... on top of that they've said that ALL the DLC that will be released for the game will be free.

But somehow, some way, people are calling the game shyt.

:heh:

Okay brehs.
Single player going from point A To B, to mission based and open environment is godly.

The ability to customize your guns in multiplayer is dope as fukk. Free maps, custom game modes, shyts gonna be fire.

Only small detail im hoping for is separate weapons for the isa and helgast.

I never understood why both militaries used the same type of sniper and shotty:patrice:

The tec should feel unique to the faction your playing with.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't think anyone has said the game is "shyt"

Just that its generic and not as good as other AAA shooters.

Unless your a big fps fan, killzone is not appealing at all.

Gunplay isn't as good Halo

Gameplay isn't as smooth as COD

Graphics aren't as good as crysis

Story/setting isn't as good as halo

Weapons aren't very interesting

Level design sn't as good as BF

The battles aren't as epic as halo or bf, yet they aren't as tight and efficient as cod

And the online community isn't as large as any of the games mentioned.

Killzone LOOKS great but it lags behind other shooters in almost every way.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
not to mention this thread was about Titanfall. but someone wanted to bring killzone into it...