Xbots celebrating that Ragnarok was beaten by Elden Ring at the GOTY award

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
I buy games to PLAY, not read shyt and listen to robots man. Games aren’t books.
Tell me you’re a child without telling me you’re a child. Like I said, Xbox gamers are for people that would be seen drinking a slurpee in public. The kind of people that wear jeans with a blazer.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You trying to hard breh.

There’s clearly different styles of games.

Some of them aspire to be as cinematic as possible. Some don’t.

It’s ok to like movie games. And it’s ok to understand some people don’t like them. :manny:
you're making no sense now, this clearly isn't about who likes what it's about being fair and judging a game on its merits. I wouldn't play Halo and critique it because it didn't have meaningful dialog choices and wasn't a rogue like. That's what you guys do.

You watch Uncharted and then say why isn't it like Half Life. When a similar game comes out on Xbox suddenly you twist like Auntie Annie's pretzels.

Here’s you claiming something about stories in games.
Y’all are equating “cutscenes” with “story”.

Story can be told in lots of ways. That’s what makes gaming unique.

Elden ring has more “story” than most games. It’s just up to the user to uncover it.
In GOW, Horizon and TLOU, tons of lore is found in logs, audio tapes and other things tucked in the world that isn’t mentioned in cutscenes but conveniently you don’t mention this when taking about how it’s just a movie game lol.

It’s a dumb critique that Xbots pulled out their ass to give a faux reason why they don’t seem to like Sony games.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony is visionary. They make technically impressive video games with deep and intricate storylines. Look at the immense world building in games like The Last of Us, or the storytelling in ghost of Tsushima.

Xbox is for people that think Disney superhero movies are actually good. The type of people that think Golden Corral is an acceptable date. The type of people that backyard wrestle. Of course elden ring won, it’s just a visually stimulating crack for stupid people.

God of war actually takes time to get into as Sony builds the pace and moves the story along in immaculate form. They actually invest into your character with a rich history that helps you understand their motivations. The last of us questioned good and evil in a post apocalyptic hell world, just as Tsushima painted a compelling picture of honor and loyalty that would have no issue sitting in the pantheon of golden standards of film and literature.

It takes a special kind of intellect to understand Sony.

:dead:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you're making no sense now, this clearly isn't about who likes what it's about being fair and judging a game on its merits. I wouldn't play Halo and critique it because it didn't have meaningful dialog choices and wasn't a rogue like. That's what you guys do.
No. People are critiquing the games for what they are. Highly curated cinematic experiences.
You watch Uncharted and then say why isn't it like Half Life. When a similar game comes out on Xbox suddenly you twist like Auntie Annie's pretzels.
Give any example of me saying uncharted should be like anything else.

Then show me talking about how great ANY highly cinematic game is.

Y’all gotta stop making up these strawmen to attack :smh:

In GOW, Horizon and TLOU, tons of lore is found in logs, audio tapes and other things tucked in the world that isn’t mentioned in cutscenes but conveniently you don’t mention this when taking about how it’s just a movie game lol.
If you can’t admit Elden ring is a very different style of game than those then you are just being stupid on purpose.

Story is told very differently in TLOU than Elden ring even if they may have some similarities. Like Elden Ring has Cutscenes but for the most part that’s NOT how the story is told.
It’s a dumb critique that Xbots pulled out their ass to give a faux reason why they don’t seem to like Sony games.
This is the part where your sony standom makes it so you can’t fathom the idea of people not liking the games you like. Then you take games that obviously millions of people enjoy and pretend they don’t exist or those people are fools for liking those games.

Sony stans are crazy AF :huhldup:

Nobody ever called games like GOW or Uncharted “bad” or unworthy of being played like you goofys do to the games you don’t like/play.

People are just giving a critique of the games. Those very focused cinematic games are built that way on purpose. The flow of the game, the gameplay, the graphics, the camera position, the level design. Are all built around giving a very cinematic experience. It means you can’t do a lot of sandbox stuff or they have to make the traversal easy and flashy as opposed to videogamey. The camera position makes combat very different than a more pulled out angle. And so on.

For some people this is not a very fun style of game. Just like some people don’t like MMOs. Or some people don’t like rouge like games.

Different opinions are ok lil buddy :cheers:

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
@MeachTheMonster

You can’t teach them, bro. Like I said, these people don’t want masterful, highly technical feats of art; they want instant gratification but it rarely ever if ever crescendos, it’s not the same kind of reward you can get from a smart story. Stories take time, which is something a lower consciousness can’t comprehend. Cutscenes beg for our full attention, where we can infer things from character dialogue, the environment, from the intense gameplay that doesn’t simply hinge on breakneck gameplay. When we were able to play guitar in TLoU2, I was blown away. If Schopenhauer was alive today he would have hated Xbox gamers rather than women.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@MeachTheMonster

You can’t teach them, bro. Like I said, these people don’t want masterful, highly technical feats of art; they want instant gratification but it rarely ever if ever crescendos, it’s not the same kind of reward you can get from a smart story. Stories take time, which is something a lower consciousness can comprehend. If Schopenhauer was alive today he would have hated Xbox gamers rather than women.
Who’s alias is this :beli:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I critique Sony's high-end movie cinematic games on a different scale than that of other games.

Just like I critique Nintendo's 1st party platforming and open world games on a different scale than other games.

When it comes to these cinematic games I'm much more critical of the story, characters, and pacing.

I wouldn't critique a Mario game like that because it's not what Mario games are about. But if the level and platforming is trash or Mario moves sluggish or the game just isnt fun or is boring I'll focus on those things.

With most Xbox 1st party or exclusives that have dropped recently is been heavy on multiple player and the multiplayer experience so those are my critiques going into Xbox games. When match making is broken, tedious or multiplayer is just bad I critique them on that.

I stop playing grounded for a long time when it was in Early Access because of multipler issues, I quit the Ascent because the multiplayer bugs were so bad.

So no gow(Sony) and Mario(Nintendo) and grounded(Xbox) don't get critiqued on the same scales. I hold both Nintendo and Sony to a higher standard because they have set that standard.

This is typical of anything tho, if you go see a Christopher Nolan movie you aren't looking to get the same thing out of it as a Michael bay movie. CN has a pedigree that he's established for himself that isn't about action.

Christopher Nolan movie could be a 5/10 fun factor 10/10 experience and a 9/10 movie that you can nitpick for days. *Ahem Tenet* then turn around and watch transformers bumblebee and it be a 10/10 fun factor 10/10 experience and a 9/10 movie and have far less to critique because one is made for you to analyze, think about and break down. The other is made for you to have a good time and not think to hard on it.

The same can be said for these game companies.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the part where your sony standom makes it so you can’t fathom the idea of people not liking the games you like. Then you take games that obviously millions of people enjoy and pretend they don’t exist or those people are fools for liking those games.

Nobody wanna play no movie games breh.

It’s always projection with y’all. You goofys act like any game not on playstation is bad even if you enjoy playing it or it’s genre.

When xbox drops some movie games i guess we should see all y’all running out to buy an xbox :mjpls:

:dead:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I critique Sony's high-end movie cinematic games on a different scale than that of other games.

Just like I critique Nintendo's 1st party platforming and open world games on a different scale than other games.

When it comes to these cinematic games I'm much more critical of the story, characters, and pacing.

I wouldn't critique a Mario game like that because it's not what Mario games are about. But if the level and platforming is trash or Mario moves sluggish or the game just isnt fun or is boring I'll focus on those things.

With most Xbox 1st party or exclusives that have dropped recently is been heavy on multiple player and the multiplayer experience so those are my critiques going into Xbox games. When match making is broken, tedious or multiplayer is just bad I critique them on that.

I stop playing grounded for a long time when it was in Early Access because of multipler issues, I quit the Ascent because the multiplayer bugs were so bad.

So no gow(Sony) and Mario(Nintendo) and grounded(Xbox) don't get critiqued on the same scales. I hold both Nintendo and Sony to a higher standard because they have set that standard.

This is typical of anything tho, if you go see a Christopher Nolan movie you aren't looking to get the same thing out of it as a Michael bay movie. CN has a pedigree that he's established for himself that isn't about action.

Christopher Nolan movie could be a 5/10 fun factor 10/10 experience and a 9/10 movie that you can nitpick for days. *Ahem Tenet* then turn around and watch transformers bumblebee and it be a 10/10 fun factor 10/10 experience and a 9/10 movie and have far less to critique because one is made for you to analyze, think about and break down. The other is made for you to have a good time and not think to hard on it.

The same can be said for these game companies.
Son, I’m having fun with God of War Ragnarok, as in “playing it fun.” Give it a fukking rest man.

You dudes sound so stupid trying to pigeonhole what “gamey” means. A game like Spider-Man and Infamous being gamey is apparently shallow when compared to Sunset Overdrive even though they damn near play the same mechanically.

TLOU 1 had a dope MP that was intense from its gameplay loop and the SP was just as fun while being cinematic but then suddenly it don’t count even though mechanically they’re almost the same as any other TPS. You dudes just hate on Sony games that are highly praised with contrived critiques. :mjlol:

None of y’all’s opinions make sense. It’s always default to faulty stannery.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Son, I’m having fun with God of War Ragnarok, as in “playing it fun.” Give it a fukking rest man.

You dudes sound so stupid trying to pigeonhole what “gamey” means. A game like Spider-Man and Infamous being gamey is apparently shallow when compared to Sunset Overdrive even though they damn near play the same mechanically.

TLOU 1 had a dope MP that was intense from its gameplay loop and the SP was just as fun while being cinematic but then suddenly it don’t count even though mechanically they’re almost the same as any other TPS. You dudes just hate on Sony games that are highly praised with contrived critiques. :mjlol:

None of y’all’s opinions make sense. It’s always default to faulty stannery.

Thats why its not even worth arguing with these nikkas man lol

They will sit here with a straight face and tell you one insomniac game has more “gameplay” than another insomniac game just because one was on xbox

Daps
I like the combat in the newer games but I do agree with the part that you spend as much time watching the game as you do fukking playing it…and that’s where a lot of games have gone now to the point where ppl actually value the story over the gameplay when it comes to games…when the story should be the icing on the cake but not at the expense of gameplay…don’t get me wrong, I can definitely appreciate a good story but I will always prefer a game where you can jump right into great gameplay without it letting up…at the end of the day video games by definition are primarily 2 things—graphics and gameplay…everything else is cherries on top
Truth....Witcher 3 is a good example of a detailed story where decision matter but you don't spend half the game watching it like a movie.

That's a waste.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats why its not even worth arguing with these nikkas man lol

They will sit here with a straight face and tell you one insomniac game has more “gameplay” than another insomniac game just because one was on xbox
Seriously! Like, anytime you see a developer make another game that's similar to another one they've made you can easily see it in it's gameplay e.g. Uncharted>TLOU, Ratchet and Clank>Sunset Overdrive>Spider-man, COD>Titanfall, Halo>Destiny.

Somehow though, this is not true when it comes to Sunset Overdrive. That game had immaculate gameplay that required dexterity that can only be found among Xbox players lol.