Xbots celebrating that Ragnarok was beaten by Elden Ring at the GOTY award

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seriously! Like, anytime you see a developer make another game that's similar to another one they've made you can easily see it in it's gameplay e.g. Uncharted>TLOU, Ratchet and Clank>Sunset Overdrive>Spider-man, COD>Titanfall, Halo>Destiny.

Somehow though, this is not true when it comes to Sunset Overdrive. That game had immaculate gameplay that required dexterity that can only be found among Xbox players lol.
Literally all those games play and feel very different from each other gameplay wise

Sunset overdrive in particular is ratchet, Tony hawk, and Spiderman all mixed in. Spiderman is actually a downgrade in gameplay.

:dahell: the same can be said about Titanfall there hasn't been wall running that has gotten it as good as Titanfall yet.

It just so happens those two games are Xbox exclusives.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, you ONLY seem to have these weird ass critiques that are specifically almost always Sony published games. Games that are similar that are multiplatform seem to fly past your radar. If I conveniently shytted on mostly every Xbox game while praising games that are similar on PS exclusives wise, you'd be looking at me funny. Not saying it's impossible to dislike something.

This is also false, I criticized red dead 2, in almost the exact same way I have Sony games as well as GTA 4 and 5....

I've also gave some of the highest praise to Sony games but yall ignore that part over and over

The games I'm talking about are the typical NON cinematic games Sony publish such as Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon, Killzone, Knack, Days Gone, Playstation All Stars, Modnation Racers, Starhawk etc. Y'all love pretending these titles don't exist because it doesn't go with the narrative that all of Sony's games are slow walking movie games.

I don't play most these games so I don't comment on them. The few I have I didn't like soooo...

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The games I'm talking about are the typical NON cinematic games Sony publish such as Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon, Killzone, Knack, Days Gone, Playstation All Stars, Modnation Racers, Starhawk etc. Y'all love pretending these titles don't exist because it doesn't go with the narrative that all of Sony's games are slow walking movie games.
You will never see any of those games again:francis:

That’s the point people are making when taking about sony’s current focus on “movie games”

So we can all see the style of games sony studios gravitate to. In any other context you guys say that’s a good thing. You pretend that those strong narrative games are the only ones that matter. You even acknowledge that xbox doesn’t have many of that style of game. But if I say most sony games are “movie games” you get your panties in a bunch and start making dumb ass comparisons and attacking random ass arguments you made up in your own mind :smh:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Wasn't for Sony souls games wouldn't made it mainstream

Demon souls was published by them in japan
atlus brought it over here because Sony stans in the west wanted the game that bad during ps3 era

:blessed: Now sony got money in From software

what does xbox got but some 3rd party shyt they had out right buy out forever culture vulture gaming creativity

we move the culture :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It is funny how Grounded didnt even get nominated for anything during The Game Awards, literally no one cares about that game lol

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Literally all those games play and feel very different from each other gameplay wise

Sunset overdrive in particular is ratchet, Tony hawk, and Spiderman all mixed in. Spiderman is actually a downgrade in gameplay.

:dahell: the same can be said about Titanfall there hasn't been wall running that has gotten it as good as Titanfall yet.

It just so happens those two games are Xbox exclusives.
See this is where you lose me and ultimately I ignore anything else you say. No actual basis for this other than “I said so”.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
See this is where you lose me and ultimately I ignore anything else you say. No actual basis for this other than “I said so”.

Explain to me how it's a upgrade in gameplay breh, I'm not talking about web swinging and traversal either.

Sunset overdrive combat is way more dynamic and engaging.

Spidermans combat and overall all gameplay is an improved Arkham

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Explain to me how it's a upgrade in gameplay breh, I'm not talking about web swinging and traversal either.

Sunset overdrive combat is way more dynamic and engaging.

Spidermans combat and overall all gameplay is an improved Arkham
No, explain to me how it's a downgrade, and on what basis is this even being compared to? You're comparing two different games that have a completely different focus and saying the gameplay is a downgrade. That's like someone saying Halo Infinite's gameplay is a downgrade in comparison to Destiny 2. Like, they're not even supposed to play exactly the same other than they're yes both Bungie developed games that are FPS.

"Dynamic" and "engaging" are meaningless words. Engaging is subjective and "dynamic" is literally a constant change of things going on which is exactly what happens depending on how you play the games.

This is "dynamic" in that the player here uses multiple different gadgets at once, strings along multiple moves together coupled with environmental objects and does it all in rapid succession. You can give someone else the controller and they'll just simply do the same thing over and over e.g. punch, dodge and finisher.

Spider-man isn't based around being a third person shooter which Sunset Overdrive is. You can show me something from that game and I can easily say it's not engaging because there aren't any close-quarters combat or stealth mechanics which would be a dumb critique but then I can easily say it's therefore not "engaging" and isn't "dynamic".

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, explain to me how it's a downgrade, and on what basis is this even being compared to? You're comparing two different games that have a completely different focus and saying the gameplay is a downgrade. That's like someone saying Halo Infinite's gameplay is a downgrade in comparison to Destiny 2. Like, they're not even supposed to play exactly the same other than they're yes both Bungie developed games that are FPS.

You just claimed all those games play the same :usure:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This whole shyt started cause you claimed spiderman gameplay and specifically traversal was just like sunset overdrive. :comeon:
No, I was responding to you saying Spider-Man's traversal mechanics are simply "hold up and go" while pretending that Sunset Overdrive was some technical marvel when it's no different to a game like Infamous mechanic wise.

Lol you dudes are funny man.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, I was responding to you saying Spider-Man's traversal mechanics are simply "hold up and go"
They literally are. The devs even described it as “R2 is the GO button” . You hold r2 and spider-man will swing flip, jump, walk, run over any obstacles in your way.

while pretending that Sunset Overdrive was some technical marvel when it's no different to a game like Infamous mechanic wise.
So you acknowledge that Sunset and spider-man traversal are very different :ohhh:

So why act so surprised when someone says they prefer one over the other :ohhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You will never see any of those games again:francis:

That’s the point people are making when taking about sony’s current focus on “movie games”

So we can all see the style of games sony studios gravitate to. In any other context you guys say that’s a good thing. You pretend that those strong narrative games are the only ones that matter. You even acknowledge that xbox doesn’t have many of that style of game. But if I say most sony games are “movie games” you get your panties in a bunch and start making dumb ass comparisons and attacking random ass arguments you made up in your own mind :smh:
What?

So let's see.

Astro's Playroom is exactly the type of game I'm talking about. Platformer, very fun to play and mechanically similar to any 3D mario game.
Demon's Souls is "gamey".
I didn't play Destruction All Stars as it looked trash but I'm sure that's another one.
Returnal
Sackboy's Big Adventure
Ratchet and Clank
Dreams
Concrete Genie
Stray
Resogun
Nex Machina
Everybody's Golf

There's literally too much to name and these aren't even that old, games going back to the last 3~4 years at least.