Xbots celebrating that Ragnarok was beaten by Elden Ring at the GOTY award

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I did too. It's a fukking movie game, I'm sick and fukking tired of movie games where I do just as much watching as playing. I'm sick of it. God of War was an action game with fluid combat, now the combat is stiff as boards.

I won't lie, GOW 1-3 are some of my favorite games ever. 2018 GOW was alright but I put it down after about 20 hours, same with Horizon. Sounds hypocritical because I loved RDR2. Haven't played the Ragnarok yet but I do wish they'd go back to the old formula even though I understand why they didn't.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
And that’s honestly where the industry is going. Al Pacino wasn’t up there for no reason.

:heh: Al got paid, he obviously didn't wanna be there and then he had to wait an hour for Goldust Jr. to thank the whole left side of the United States like he never won anything in his life before.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I've seen the sentiment across the web, and I have no idea what anyone complaining about there being too much "story" and narrative exposition in Ragnarock was expecting. The brunt of the awards for the last game was heaped upon the title on the basis of the story. The combat was praised but the meat & potatoes of the new GoW and what gained the adulation was its' huge shift from a 'beat 'em up' to a narrative focused emotional drama. Sony's titles are notorious for this & Santa Monica definitely didn't pull the rug out from anyone. It's the quivalent of buying a Devil May Cry and decrying it's absence of a compelling narrative & character building.

A lot of gamers suffer from the "fear of missing out." Everyone else is playing it and so you have to play it too or run the risk of being the odd man out. I didn't buy Ragnarock because I wasn't a huge fan of the previous title. I don't have any inclination to purchase a piece of media that I'm iffy on because the thread is jumping. I don't have a single post in that thread. There are legitimately people who had the same complaints about the first bemoaning the sequel for doing the same thing that they didn't like in the previous installment.

I don't buy a FPS and complain about there being too much gunplay. I didn't buy TW3 & balk at the fact the gameplay was clearly secondary in comparison to the role-playing. If you're buying a Naughty Dog or Santa Monica game and the amount of focus of story is giving you pause, then thats entirely on you. Y'kno..."a fool and his money," and all. Relax on the hype & do your homework. Or don't. It's your money.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've seen the sentiment across the web, and I have no idea what anyone complaining about there being too much "story" and narrative exposition in Ragnarock was expecting. The brunt of the awards for the last game was heaped upon the title on the basis of the story. The combat was praised but the meat & potatoes of the new GoW and what gained the adulation was its' huge shift from a 'beat 'em up' to a narrative focused emotional drama. Sony's titles are notorious for this & Santa Monica definitely didn't pull the rug out from anyone. It's the quivalent of buying a Devil May Cry and decrying it's absence of a compelling narrative & character building.

A lot of gamers suffer from the "fear of missing out." Everyone else is playing it and so you have to play it too or run the risk of being the odd man out. I didn't buy Ragnarock because I wasn't a huge fan of the previous title. I don't have any inclination to purchase a piece of media that I'm iffy on because the thread is jumping. I don't have a single post in that thread. There are legitimately people who had the same complaints about the first bemoaning the sequel for doing the same thing that they didn't like in the previous installment.

I don't buy a FPS and complain about there being too much gunplay. I didn't buy TW3 & balk at the fact the gameplay was clearly secondary in comparison to the role-playing. If you're buying a Naughty Dog or Santa Monica game and the amount of focus of story is giving you pause, then thats entirely on you. Y'kno..."a fool and his money," and all. Relax on the hype & do your homework. Or don't. It's your money.

Well said, I’ll never understand people forcing themselves to play shyt just because its popular. Then getting mad when you didn’t like or didn’t even play the first game in the series

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
God of war fire. Never played Elden Ring. Might cop

What’s this beef between Xbox and Sony? Not to sound dumb, I’m not really in the gaming community like that but… I literally have both systems? Why dudes choose up so tough??

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

What’s this beef between Xbox and Sony? Not to sound dumb, I’m not really in the gaming community like that but… I literally have both systems? Why dudes choose up so tough??

A lot of it is jokes but a lot it is also validation for choosing or preferring one platform over another.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

I been trying to figure that out forever :heh: I literally play both all the time when I get the chance.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Keep your smilies bruh, my game of the year is obviously the one I'm in here arguing about which is Elden Ring an all time great game.

You laugh like Grounded is a bad game, I had more fun with Grounded than any TLOU game, mid ass Horizon, and these new God of War games because it is just a fukking video game that I play, not some fukking political statement or girl power or a fukking game that should be a fukking TV show.

People like you are the problem with gaming in general and why this industry is taking a fukking nosedive.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Keep your smilies bruh, my game of the year is obviously the one I'm in here arguing about which is Elden Ring an all time great game.

You laugh like Grounded is a bad game, I had more fun with Grounded than any TLOU game, mid ass Horizon, and these new God of War games because it is just a fukking video game that I play, not some fukking political statement or girl power or a fukking game that should be a fukking TV show.

People like you are the problem with gaming in general and why this industry is taking a fukking nosedive.

You got it bro:pachaha: