Xbots celebrating that Ragnarok was beaten by Elden Ring at the GOTY award

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
No. In ninja gaiden you are still engaged because you have to keep hitting the button to chop off a limb and the action is driven by you and the moves you decided to do. In GOW you land a few blows then the camera pans in for a clash a swords and some dialog.

In one the action is driven by you the player in the other you gone watch some shyt whether you want to or not.

It’s light in comparison to most other “open world” games. And that really wasn’t a complaint. There’s enough of it. It’s just outside that the experience is very much curated. You are just along for the ride, as opposed to feeling like you are in control.
That dialogue part is only for the main bosses of the game. Which are super brief and of little difference to a Mario game, Souls game or any other game with bosses having a transitional phase.

That's where either your expectation or interpretation is wrong. GOW isn't even an open world game. And yet, even still, it's exploration is variable and plentiful.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That dialogue part is only for the main bosses of the game. Which are super brief and of little difference to a Mario game, Souls game or any other game with bosses having a transitional phase.
Naw man. Stop with the bullshyt. It ain’t nothing like those games. You play Mario and elden ring for literal hours without control ever being taken from you. GOW you seemingly can’t go 10 minutes without watching something.
That's where either your expectation or interpretation is wrong. GOW isn't even an open world game. And yet, even still, it's exploration is variable and plentiful.
Not even sure why you are stuck on this point it wasn’t a criticism.

If you can acknowledge there’s “plentiful” exploration then you can acknowledge that the flow of the game in those sections is very different from the Main path.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Elden Ring was a breath of fresh air in terms of gameplay in a mainstream game. It doesn't hold your hand and it is not easy. But it offers you so much in terms in exploration and building your character. It is undoubtedly the game of the year in my (and many others) opinion.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
I called Elden ring winning goty months ago. Ragnarok did its thing cleaned up 6awards so you can't be mad at that. Elden took 4 including goty so both fans and franchises should be happy. Horizon tho :mjlol: :mjlol:
Talk about being overshadowed not once but twice

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Naw man. Stop with the bullshyt. It ain’t nothing like those games. You play Mario and elden ring for literal hours without control ever being taken from you. GOW you seemingly can’t go 10 minutes without watching something.

Not even sure why you are stuck on this point it wasn’t a criticism.

If you can acknowledge there’s “plentiful” exploration then you can acknowledge that the flow of the game in those sections is very different from the Main path.
images

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I called Elden ring winning goty months ago. Ragnarok did its thing cleaned up 6awards so you can't be mad at that. Elden took 4 including goty so both fans and franchises should be happy. Horizon tho :mjlol: :mjlol:

This was the God of War, Elden Ring, and Stray awards

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I'm not acting like I was the biggest fan of Elden Ring, but it's better than God of War Ragnarok. And I love GoWR. It's an amazing story, but it doesn't have the sense of exploration that Elden Ring has. I got my ass handed to me by Margit. Said screw this I'm not ready for him, and I went and found a way around Stormveil Castle and came back on my own time. The game lets you do what you want to do. And no matter what anyone says, Elden Ring is a fantasy horror RPG, and I can appreciate that. GoWR, while I love it, it is a mostly guided experience. It has amazing performances, and it does deserve to win award for that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Still a win for Sony anyway so I don't know why they happy. Don't Sony own a stake in Fromsoftware?

Thats the irony, its no ones win (but gamers) but if its ANY platform holders win its more of Sonys than anyones. Thats why they awarded it their game of the year at their partner showcase

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I understand they wanted to clean up their game but pushing the game back to February was a mistake. If they released in 2021 I’m sure they would of sold much better and would of cleaned up awards wise.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thats the irony, its no ones win (but gamers) but if its ANY platform holders win its more of Sonys than anyones. Thats why they awarded it their game of the year at their partner showcase

This is you goofballs doing this shyt. Nobody cares who invests in From software.

Sony stans miserable as fukk :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I understand they wanted to clean up their game but pushing the game back to February was a mistake. If they released in 2021 I’m sure they would of sold much better and would of cleaned up awards wise.

Horizon would have swept last year, this year all the sony votes went to elden ring and ragnarok.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is you goofballs doing this shyt. Nobody cares who invests in From software.

Sony stans miserable as fukk :mjlol:
Not even miserable we. Just acknowledging the fact that a Sony invested company got Microsoft it's first game of the year.