Xbots celebrating that Ragnarok was beaten by Elden Ring at the GOTY award

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Again cyberpunk is an RPG. It’s all about player agency. You chose where to go and when, You chose which missions to do and who to ally with. You chose how you want to go about combat.

Again that is nothing like the aforementioned sony games.

I would love if some of sonys story focused games have me the player the ability to make some choices.

TLOU would be so much better if i effected the story. All the debates about if joel was right or not. Imagine if you were in the drivers seat of the story and you chose who to kill/spare or where to go and when.

For me that would make the games so much better and then they wouldn’t be “movie games”

That’s the difference. Y’all playing ignorant like y’all don’t understand what i mean when i say “movie game”

It’s has nothing to do with the amount of cutscenes a game doesn’t even have to have cutscenes to be a “movie game” it’s the design philosophy. It’s designing the game around trying to be as cinematic as possible with a linear, predetermined story.

Most people playing a movie game will have pretty much the same experience. Most people playing Cyberpunk will have a very different experience.
So you want choose your own adventure story book games. Got it.

While I can underdig that POV, you still full of shyt because only most games across the gaming industry, since the dawn of video games, having the choose your own adventure, story effecting points in gaming have been rare and that's only an issue with you when it's done this way with Sony games, lol!

And I bet you shytted on all the Infamous games that fits exactly what you're requesting of Sony games too.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No you didn't, you came in here to defend Xbox. Fukk outta here.

I said TLOU 2 had great stealth mechanics and posted a reddit link of someone praising the stealth in the game in comparison to MGS2. You rushed in here to defend the stannery of Meach by creating a strawman :mjlol:.

And Meach is a greaseball, because the point of calling Cyberpunk a "movie game" is because Meach went so far out that his points about movie games are ridiculous when you don't apply it everywhere..
That nikka is a fukking xbot who always wants to act like he’s neutral. Don’t know who the fukk he thinks he’s fooling :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cards being pulled in here :wow:

I believe this should be the standard method of replying to meachthewoatster going forward. So much simpler and to the point :ohlawd:
How is it moving goalposts.

I never said anything about cutscenes in here.

That’s the strawman y’all trying to attack.

Never said story based games were bad. That’s the strawman y’all are attacking.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you want choose your own adventure story book games. Got it.

While I can underdig that POV, you still full of shyt because only most games across the gaming industry, since the dawn of video games, having the choose your own adventure, story effecting points in gaming have been rare and that's only an issue with you when it's done this way with Sony games, lol!

And I bet you shytted on all the Infamous games that fits exactly what you're requesting of Sony games too.
Yes.

And no, since the beginning of gaming most games direction and flow was dictated by the player. Even all the way back to Super Mario bros, you as the player had a choice on what route you take.

These extremely linear cinematic style games are a relatively new thing that was popularized with the original uncharted games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meach the type of nikka to be at the movies and complain about how Avengers was wack because
"Why they ain't let the audience clap their hands and choose if Thanos snapped his fingers or not ?:stopitslime:"

Type of nikka to only eat at buffets because he decides what to put on his plate since restaurants give everyone the same type of food and we all end up having the same experience. Pouring drunken noodles over eggrolls head ass nikka.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes.

And no, since the beginning of gaming most games direction and flow was dictated by the player. Even all the way back to Super Mario bros, you as the player had a choice on what route you take.

These extremely linear cinematic style games are a relatively new thing that was popularized with the original uncharted games.
Wow, you went into a warp pipe and skipped some levels.:ohhh:

Why can't I start Mario at the middle of the level and go left? That's linear man, I can't stand Mario.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That nikka is a fukking xbot who always wants to act like he’s neutral. Don’t know who the fukk he thinks he’s fooling :mjlol:

Don’t be scared to tag me next time you “I’m living in existential dread:sadcam:” and “hey guys, look at my hairline!” posting ass lame:umad:

You only come in the arcadium to piggyback Sony talking points so you can pretend to have friends :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meach the type of nikka to go to a URL battle event and complain about how they ain't let someone else in the crowd battle on stage.

"Why Tsu Surf always gotta battle Chess?"

"Come on Smack this shyt linear man! :scust: "

FailingPointedBeagle-max-1mb.gif

Let me spit some bars man this shyt wack.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Wow, you went into a warp pipe and skipped some levels.:ohhh:

Why can't I start Mario at the middle of the level and go left? That's linear man, I can't stand Mario.
It’s obviously very basic. But player agency has always been a very important part of games.

I’m not wrong for wanting modern games to do so much more in that space.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yes.

For every Mario game that gave you essentially just a warp zone route or choice what level you chose first (precious little in terms of real choice or non-linearity, story or game wise, as the paths through the levels are more or less the same), there were Castlevania, Ghosts and Goblins, Streets of Rage,Ninja Gaiden (NG was about the first game with cut scenes no less), Contra games, etc. with neither its story or navigation paths were anything beyond linear.

Linearity nor cinematic are hardly issues in gaming. Furthermore, in your own reality, they are really only issues to you, if they're on playstation exclusive. And you know this....maaaaan!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s obviously very basic. But player agency has always been a very important part of games.

I’m not wrong for wanting modern games to do so much more in that space.
Player agency is more important for me in multiplayer games or open world games. Single player, linear games I'm not worried about that to an extent. Let me get an arsenal of weapons and give me a variety of weapons and I'm good. Other games like GTA I want a LOT of player agency.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Meach the type of nikka to be at the movies and complain about how Avengers was wack because
"Why they ain't let the audience clap their hands and choose if Thanos snapped his fingers or not ?:stopitslime:"

No dummy that’s the exact difference between GAMES and MOVIES.

That’s what makes a Movie game a Movie game. Cause you sit and watch that mufukka like you are at the cinema and you have no input on what happens in the story/direction of the game.

I’m on the record on here saying i don’t even really enjoy too many movies. It’s just not my thing ;manny:
Type of nikka to only eat at buffets because he decides what to put on his plate since restaurants give everyone the same type of food and we all end up having the same experience. Pouring drunken noodles over eggrolls head ass nikka.
I like choice :ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
For every Mario game that gave you essentially just a warp zone route or choice what level you chose first (precious little in terms of real choice or non-linearity, story or game wise, as the paths through the levels are more or less the same), there were Castlevania, Ghosts and Goblins, Streets of Rage,Ninja Gaiden (NG was about the first game with cut scenes no less), Contra games, etc. with neither its story or navigation paths were anything beyond linear.

Linearity nor cinematic are hardly issues in gaming. Furthermore, in your own reality, they are really only issues to you, if they're on playstation exclusive. And you know this....maaaaan!
What nikka do you play games?

Castlvania was all about being non linear.

And for all of those games as they got sequels and modernized with sequels and further iterations, they almost always offered more exploration/non linear stuff.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What nikka do you play games?

Castlvania was all about being non linear.

And for all of those games as they got sequels and modernized with sequels and further iterations, they almost always offered more exploration/non linear stuff.
1 & 3 weren't. 2 did try the SOTN method, but executed it terribly. The Gameboy ones also were more in the vein of 1 & 3 than SOTN for sure. Took Konami a good five games before pioneering the metroidvania style.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Player agency is more important for me in multiplayer games or open world games. Single player, linear games I'm not worried about that to an extent. Let me get an arsenal of weapons and give me a variety of weapons and I'm good. Other games like GTA I want a LOT of player agency.
And this is the difference in opinion i was talking about.

I get bored with a game i don’t feel in control of. Doesn’t matter the genre or style of game. I start feeling like “been there done that” and i just don’t want to finish :manny: