Xbots celebrating that Ragnarok was beaten by Elden Ring at the GOTY award

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They literally are. The devs even described it as “R2 is the GO button” . You hold r2 and spider-man will swing flip, jump, walk, run over any obstacles in your way.

So you acknowledge that Sunset and spider-man traversal are very different :ohhh:

So why act so surprised when someone says they prefer one over the other :ohhh:
Nobody is surprised, I'm just calling out your stannery by trying to pretend one game is somehow "inferior" when they're not supposed to be the same thing.
I can't jump, swing or effortlessly barrel roll in TLOU so I wouldn't call it inferior to Uncharted even though they're both shooters. Same I wouldn't say Uncharted is bad because you can't go prone and the controls aren't heavy.

I prefer Uncharted's gameplay over Gears but I never say Gears is trash or start comparing them saying why can't I jump and roll quickly in Gears and that it's too heavy and slow for me. I know they're different in execution. Saying one's gameplay is a downgrade is ridiculous which is what The Mid Titan is doing. Saying Spider-Man is a downgrade when it's not even supposed to be the same type of game outside of them being both from the same developer.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What?

So let's see.

Astro's Playroom is exactly the type of game I'm talking about. Platformer, very fun to play and mechanically similar to any 3D mario game.
Demon's Souls is "gamey".
I didn't play Destruction All Stars as it looked trash but I'm sure that's another one.
Returnal
Sackboy's Big Adventure
Ratchet and Clank
Dreams
Concrete Genie
Stray
Resogun
Nex Machina
Everybody's Golf

There's literally too much to name and these aren't even that old, games going back to the last 3~4 years at least.
Breh. the studios that made most of those games you listed before have been closed down.

Japan Studios was involved in most of these they’ve been closed down too.

As far as current Sony studios there’s media molecule and Housmoruqe(spelling:mjlol:) that aren’t concentrating on that style of game.

Sony themselves even say that story games are their strength and concentration. It’s ok you don’t have to defend everything. The TLOU and GOW, Uncharted, etc are supposed to be why Sony and their “Exclusives” are so great.

Now you in here defending against the notion that they do a lot of what they are so great at.

Sony stans wild :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nobody is surprised, I'm just calling out your stannery by trying to pretend one game is somehow "inferior" when they're not supposed to be the same thing.
I can't jump, swing or effortlessly barrel roll in TLOU so I wouldn't call it inferior to Uncharted even though they're both shooters. Same I wouldn't say Uncharted is bad because you can't go prone and the controls aren't heavy.
So in this context no game can ever be compared unless they are “supposed to be the same thing”

It’s not “stannary” to like one style of game over another.

I prefer Uncharted's gameplay over Gears but I never say Gears is trash or start comparing them saying why can't I jump and roll quickly in Gears and that it's too heavy and slow for me. I know they're different in execution. Saying one's gameplay is a downgrade is ridiculous which is what The Mid Titan is doing. Saying Spider-Man is a downgrade when it's not even supposed to be the same type of game outside of them being both from the same developer.
You brought the sunset to spider-man comparison in here. As if you liked one you had to like the other. YOU DID THAT. Which led to people explaining why they liked one over the other. Now you talmbout the two games are so different they are beyond comparison.

You are all over the place breh :smh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh. the studios that made most of those games you listed before have been closed down.

Japan Studios was involved in most of these they’ve been closed down too.

As far as current Sony studios there’s media molecule and Housmoruqe(spelling:mjlol:) that aren’t concentrating on that style of game.

Sony themselves even say that story games are their strength and concentration. It’s ok you don’t have to defend everything. The TLOU and GOW, Uncharted, etc are supposed to be why Sony and their “Exclusives” are so great.

Now you in here defending the notion that they do a lot of what they are so great at.

Sony stans wild :mjlol:
Another lie.
Japan Studio was reorganized and merged with Team Asobi, not just shut down and discarded. Most of those studios just simply reorganized into another studio instead of being a bunch of smaller studios.

• Bend Studio
  • Bluepoint Games
  • Firesprite
  • Guerrilla Games
  • Haven Studios
  • Housemarque
  • Insomniac Games
  • London Studio
  • Malaysia Studio - Support Only
  • Media Molecule
  • Naughty Dog
  • Nixxes Software - Support Only
  • PixelOpus
  • Polyphony Digital
  • Savage Game Studios - Mobile Division
  • SIE San Diego Studio
  • SIE San Mateo Studio - Support Only
  • SIE Santa Monica Studio
  • SIE xDev Europe
  • Sucker Punch Productions
  • Team Asobi
  • Valkyrie Entertainment - Support Only
  • Visual Arts Service Group - Support Only
The issue isn't someone is defending, it's you dishonestly claiming games that are both story driven and also high quality gameplay wise are simply "Story Games" as if that's a bad thing. Saying Horizon is a "Story" game as if that's bad but then praising any typical Ubisoft or EA game playing the same is dishonest. Same when you nikkas praised Tomb Raider while Uncharted played and did almost everything better from a mechanical AND visual standpoint.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So in this context no game can ever be compared unless they are “supposed to be the same thing”

It’s not “stannary” to like one style of game over another.

You brought the sunset to spider-man comparison in here. As if you liked one you had to like the other. YOU DID THAT. Which led to people explaining why they liked one over the other. Now you talmbout the two games are so different they are beyond comparison.

You are all over the place breh :smh:
Jesus christ. :mindblown:

Here's a summary of this in layman's term:

Spider-Man and other Sony 1st party games play great mechanically while also exhibiting high quality cinematics and production values.
Claiming they are mechanically shallow and/or "not fun" is stupid and subjective and is clearly said by stans who try to masquerade their stannery by nitpicking stupid shyt like "Oh you can't climb this wall" when the game isn't supposed to be about climbing walls.

It's like me saying Halo Infinite is trash because there aren't any bad endings and dialogue choices in-game.

It's stannery to completely lie and misrepresent a game and claim it's a "movie".
RegularAdoredFallowdeer-size_restricted.gif

A Sony game with this exact scene here and suddenly it's a "movie" game. :mjlol:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Another lie.
Japan Studio was reorganized and merged with Team Asobi, not just shut down and discarded. Most of those studios just simply reorganized into another studio instead of being a bunch of smaller studios.

• Bend Studio
  • Bluepoint Games
  • Firesprite
  • Guerrilla Games
  • Haven Studios
  • Housemarque
  • Insomniac Games
  • London Studio
  • Malaysia Studio - Support Only
  • Media Molecule
  • Naughty Dog
  • Nixxes Software - Support Only
  • PixelOpus
  • Polyphony Digital
  • Savage Game Studios - Mobile Division
  • SIE San Diego Studio
  • SIE San Mateo Studio - Support Only
  • SIE Santa Monica Studio
  • SIE xDev Europe
  • Sucker Punch Productions
  • Team Asobi
  • Valkyrie Entertainment - Support Only
  • Visual Arts Service Group - Support Only
They reorganized into studios that’s gone support the ones making the cinematic games.:mjlol:
The issue isn't someone is defending, it's you dishonestly claiming games that are both story driven and also high quality gameplay wise are simply "Story Games" as if that's a bad thing. Saying Horizon is a "Story" game as if that's bad but then praising any typical Ubisoft or EA game playing the same is dishonest. Same when you nikkas praised
I never called Horizon a “story” game. In fact i’ve called it similar to a Ubisoft game but in sony’s more “cinematic” style.

I don’t like Ubisoft open world games either. Never saw me in one of those threads enjoying them shyts outside the first couple Ass creed games. Those got stale a long time ago.

And that’s why y’all funny. All i see is Ubisoft getting clowned for their generic style of open world games and i agree with that for the most part. But as soon as sony drops a ubisoft style game it’s the best shyt ever and everyone loves it.
Tomb Raider while Uncharted played and did almost everything better from a mechanical AND visual standpoint.
Nope they were similar, but back then but the structure of the games was very different.

Tomb Raider had the more gamey stuff like crafting and it had the more open style hub world with exploration, crafting, upgrades, etc. Platforming puzzles/dungeons.

You know, stuff like what the later uncharted games started doing that y’all said was so great when they did it :francis:

Look in the mirror bro. it ain’t me with the stan eyes.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Jesus christ. :mindblown:

Here's a summary of this in layman's term:

Spider-Man and other Sony 1st party games play great mechanically while also exhibiting high quality cinematics and production values.
Claiming they are mechanically shallow and/or "not fun" is stupid and subjective and is clearly said by stans who try to masquerade their stannery by nitpicking stupid shyt like "Oh you can't climb this wall" when the game isn't supposed to be about climbing walls.
Lol, at you not seeing the fact that it’s SUBJECTIVE means that people can and do have different opinions.

Like i said from jump, this is you having a hard time even fathoming that people may not like some games you like.
You sound fukkin crazy right now trying to call other people stans and you don’t see the irony in the post YOU JUST MADE :mjlol:

It's like me saying Halo Infinite is trash because there aren't any bad endings and dialogue choices in-game.

It's stannery to completely lie and misrepresent a game and claim it's a "movie".
RegularAdoredFallowdeer-size_restricted.gif

A Sony game with this exact scene here and suddenly it's a "movie" game. :mjlol:
No, it’s not like that.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They reorganized into studios that’s gone support the ones making the cinematic games.:mjlol:

I never called Horizon a “story” game. In fact i’ve called it similar to a Ubisoft game but in sony’s more “cinematic” style.

I don’t like Ubisoft open world games either. Never saw me in one of those threads enjoying them shyts outside the first couple Ass creed games. Those got stale a long time ago.

And that’s why y’all funny. All i see is Ubisoft getting clowned for their generic style of open world games and i agree with that for the most part. But as soon as sony drops a ubisoft style game it’s the best shyt ever and everyone loves it.

Nope they were similar, but back then but the structure of the games was very different.

Tomb Raider had the more gamey stuff like crafting and it had the more open style hub world with exploration, crafting, upgrades, etc. Platforming puzzles/dungeons.

You know, stuff like what the later uncharted games started doing that y’all said was so great when they did it :francis:

Tomb Raider was garbage man get over it. It was nowhere near as good. Game play was fukking terrible. Clunky as hell with horrible shooting mechanics. Having these things mentioned above doesn't automatically make a game great.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

That's because Sony implemented that style better on essentially every facet, most notably within the actual gameplay in making the "tried and true" format a lot fresher in a multitude of fronts and mechanics and with better graphics, more sensible stories, told better and acted better all as icing on the cake. All that makes them far from generic, despite the format origin. Which is something you'd know about if you didn't discard them just off your core principles of being "movie games", that the style is pioneered instead of being absolutely original (albeit you disregard Sony's originality in their implementation) and most importantly, because they are Sony games. And you know this....mayne!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol, at you not seeing the fact that it’s SUBJECTIVE means that people can and do have different opinions.

Like i said from jump, this is you having a hard time even fathoming that people may not like some games you like.
You sound fukkin crazy right now trying to call other people stans and you don’t see the irony in the post YOU JUST MADE :mjlol:

No, it’s not like that.
Where am I having issue with someone not liking something? I'm calling out morons who shyt on a game for dumb reasons that aren't even true. Calling GOW a movie game that you watch more than play isn't even a fact. Apparently I'm playing a different game than you guys because why am I doing side quests, exploring, fighting optional bosses and upgrading gear and stats in a movie game? Explain that to me?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's because Sony implemented that style better on essentially every facet, most notably within the actual gameplay in making the "tried and true" format a lot fresher in a multitude of fronts and mechanics and with better graphics, more sensible stories, told better and acted better all as icing on the cake. All that makes them far from generic, despite the format origin. Which is something you'd know about if you didn't discard them just off your core principles of being "movie games", that the style is pioneered instead of being absolutely original (albeit you disregard Sony's originality in their implementation) and most importantly, because they are Sony games. And you know this....mayne!
I’ve been consistent across the board.

Any game you see me talking about really enjoying it’s all about the gameplay.

I literally don’t care about the white girl with dreads and her empowerment story. Not interested one bit. Graphics and story will never be enough to keep me engaged in a game.

The gameplay gave you less freedom than the average ubisoft game, and i don’t like that either.

Has nothing to do with what system it’s on.

That’s projection from you stans because that’s the way you think. :ufdup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:wtf: God of War Ragnarok is a movie game now?

Y'all really fukking haters.

The "movie games" I think of are... Life Is Strange, Until Dawn, Telltale games like The Walking Dead, Batman, The Wolf Among Us, etc.
I haven't kept up with this thread but I can almost guarantee this has to be a response to something @MeachTheMonster said :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Where am I having issue with someone not liking something? I'm calling out morons who shyt on a game for dumb reasons that aren't even true. Calling GOW a movie game that you watch more than play isn't even a fact. Apparently I'm playing a different game than you guys because why am I doing side quests, exploring, fighting optional bosses and upgrading gear and stats in a movie game? Explain that to me?
You said it was “subjective”

then said people subjective opinions were stupid and it made them stan’s.

Breh. The devs themselves tell you they want the games to look/feel like movies.

You compare GOW to Elden Ring and tell me which one is more like a movie :stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You said it was “subjective”

then said people subjective opinions were stupid and it made them stan’s.

Breh. The devs themselves tell you they want the games to look/feel like movies.

You compare GOW to Elden Ring and tell me which one is more like a movie :stopitslime:
No, a game can feel like a movie and still play like a typical game e.g. Ratchet and Clank or MGSV. MGSV is literally more of a movie yet no one says that's a movie game but a Sony game that is the same is always downplayed by the same bunch.