"X-Men" spinoff movie "The New Mutants" thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So none of yall seen this shyt yet :gucci:

It's not bad. It's not Apocalypse, Origins, X3, Dark Phoenix. It's around X-Men, The Wolverine. It's better than 1/2 of the Marvel movies.

It could've been more, and you do get that feeling throughout, but it's enjoyable...and from a different angle. The characterizations are defined by the way they play off of each other. Like on reviewer on Youtube said, it's The Breakfast Club meets Dream Warriors. Most of the reviewers on Youtube are all saying the same. Overall, it needed to be 20mins longer, but there wasn't much they could do without making it redundant.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cold-blooded:francis:

bob-mcleod-new-mutants-review.jpg

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yo:russ:

Marvel got like 24 movies and Breh said it’s better that 12 of them.:russ:

Goodnight coli:mjlol:
Most people consider the Marvel the measuring stick of a string of movies done correctly. A lot of them aren't good though. This is a solid movie. Honestly, I can't see how anyone could hate it, but it won't be on many favorite lists. I see it being called underrated in a couple of years.

Plot
If you saw the Moonstar episode of X-Men: Evolution, lock them in an institution, you have this movie. Replace Kitty with Rahne, add the Dream Warriors.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Most people consider the Marvel the measuring stick of a string of movies done correctly. A lot of them aren't good though. This is a solid movie. Honestly, I can't see how anyone could hate it, but it won't be on many favorite lists. I see it being called underrated in a couple of years.

Plot
If you saw the Moonstar episode of X-Men: Evolution, lock them in an institution, you have this movie. Replace Kitty with Rahne, add the Dream Warriors.

No I get that.... but for example at worst all the Marvel movies are better than say a LARGE majority of the Fox and Sony movies.... by like a lot.

Like even if you hated Thor 2, that’s still better than Elektra and Ang Lee Hulk.

So if you said it was better than say Punisher, Sony Phase 2 Spiderman, Daredevil, Fantastic 4, etc.

Though I feel that’s still a little too high, I would’ve rolled with it a little easier. But to say it’s better than at minimum 12 of the MCU?

You lost me and I’m not trynna disrespect your opinion but I can’t :russ:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
smh was an hour in, haven't seen a movie all year I believe and the power goes out in the theater because of a storm, ah well got 2 free tickets. I will be seeing it tomorrow or Sunday

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
smh was an hour in, haven't seen a movie all year I believe and the power goes out in the theater because of a storm, ah well got 2 free tickets. I will be seeing it tomorrow or Sunday

damn that same thing happened years ago when I went to see The Dark Knight..... shyt went down after the scene with Bruce having dinner with Harvey and Rachel.

They did the same, what was your opinion thus far?

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Quick spoiler filled review:

This definitely was as bad as Dark Phoenix in my opinion, but not really worse. I did think the Dani and Wolfsbane relationship was a little odd, rushed, and in my opinion there was really no reason for to happen other than they were both there...I guess. I couldn’t figure out how they didn’t realize they weren’t in a “hospital” sooner and why they didn’t all just take out Reyes from the get as soon as she started sticking them in solitary etc. there was a few times Magik should have been able to drop her, but I guess to keep the story going. None of the characters were very likable Sunspot, with an obvious late in the game hero turn, Cannonball was basically useless, Magik kind of a bytch and also no explanation of why she went to purgatory and suddenly wasn’t scared anymore and Dani...I mean I guess we’re just supposed to feel sorry for her because she didn’t really do anything at all oh and Wolfsbane was just kind of weird and seemed like she was just there so they could do the whole lesbian angle. Demon bear was cool until it got beat by the “I’m not scared” speeches. There was a lot of potential with the idea behind the movie it just wasn’t executed well to me. I’d give it a 5/10. Could of had a 6 if they had actually done some psychological stuff involving Sinister

Non spoiler review. Not great, glad no one was in the theater not worth Covid exposure at all.