X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And thats just the gist of it, some simpletons in this thread cant seem to grasp a basic passage, saying hes household name due to the fact hes lined up to star in a movies that havent even touched the theater yet :beli: the argument isnt whether he is getting roles or is an natural ancillary type the reality is to the average moviegoer hes joey noname yet hes seems to be getting every high profile role.Its mystifying and the exact opposite of how things use to be done

I'd say it's for the better that it's happening that way. He's a talented dude who's done well in a lot of movies and directors and casting directors and big studios pay attention to that. That's how Fassbender got magneto based on the acclaim he was getting for his roles within the industry and from critics and fans who'd seen his work

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:dwillhuh: Do you think people went and saw Captain America because Stanley Tucci was in it?

And what was Michael Fassbender known as before he was Magneto?

The guy that wasn't a household name but had some amazing performances.
He was a smart casting decision that gave credibility to the overall production. Do you disagree?
And X-Men First Class was a huge blockbuster because it starred M. Fassbender as Magneto? No, it made a decent sum nothing spectacular. Would it have done better if they got a bigger name actor who also had good performances under his belt instead? I think so.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
A main character breh but that's me assuming. Clearly the main characters are Han luke and Leia. My point is the villain role needs to be played by a good or great actor and you make them into a known name from that. Ian McKellen wasn't a household name in the states when he was cast in x men in 2000. Alfred Molina wasn't a big deal either when he was cast as Doc Ock and I don't recall Heath Ledger's name ringing any bells before he was cast as the joker.

Heath Ledger was a household name after he died and that was prior to the movie's release. And oh look, it was one of the biggest blockbusters ever.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
So if you were a movie producer you would just ignore the young emerging talent while they are still cheap and hire a 50 something actors that are known for a couple of movies? :upsetfavre:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So if you were a movie producer you would just ignore the young emerging talent while they are still cheap and hire a 50 something actors that are known for a couple of movies? :upsetfavre:

It takes cost analysis. Is it worth paying an actor 15 to 20 milly more if it makes my movie a hundred million dollars more? The answer is yes.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
sorry but none of the actors you have mentioned would bring 100 million dollars more to ANY movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Heath Ledger was a household name after he died and that was prior to the movie's release. And oh look, it was one of the biggest blockbusters ever.

Breh Heath Ledger became a household name BECAUSE of the movie. Because people kept hearing how dope the performance was and he died which led to it. Before he was cast though, he was just the guy from a couple movies far from a household name. Get outta here with that

If you want to say they could just cast anyone and it would still be a success that is also on you . . . breh.

And that's cool then I'll stick to that. I just don't see how you believe Tommy Lee Jones (who was barely advertised at being in the movie) and Stanley fukkin Tucci were the reasons people went to see Captain America. Now if you wanted to argue that Jack Nicholson was the reason people went to see Batman, I'd give you that one but this ain't the late 80s or 90s anymore. The goal studios have now, specifically Marvel Studios who is notoriously cheap, is to make new stars. Cast non household names in big roles, sign them to long term contracts and make money hand over fist.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I'd say it's for the better that it's happening that way.
what way? That a dude should be presented as a mega star before a mega hit or his talent justifies it? :scusthov:
He's a talented dude who's done well in a lot of movies and directors and casting directors and big studios pay attention to that. That's how Fassbender got magneto based on the acclaim he was getting for his roles within the industry and from critics and fans who'd seen his work
Fassbender had already piqued interest with the hunger and eden lake, his masterful performance with such limited screen time in inglorious basterds was the crowning moment. This punk hasn't achieved anything at that level this is the Sam Warrington special through and through

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fassbender had already piqued interest with the hunger and eden lake, his masterful performance with such limited screen time in notorious basterds was enough. This punk hasn't achieved anything at that level. He's getting the Sam Warrington special through and through

You don't like what he did in Inside Llewyn Davis breh?? And I'm also sure the studio has seen A Most Violent Year

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You don't like what he did in Inside Llewyn Davis breh?? And I'm also sure the studio has seen A Most Violent Year
didn't see it, nor am I going to see it.That movie seems to be all anyone ever mentions, u never hear and 2 faces of January, if that's all 1 can go off that kind of proves my point. As for your other q the thing is we haven't, in the past they let box office receipts dictate who ran the gamut now the studio and execs choose who should be a star and we the consumers are playing catch up? That's ass backwards

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was a smart casting decision that gave credibility to the overall production. Do you disagree?

Because of his acting ability, not because of his ability to draw.

John Malkovich and Frances McDorman brought some credibility to Transformers 3 but no one went and saw it because they were in it.