X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender...you really tryna tell me you need star power in the Apocalypse role to sell this movie?:dahell:Nobody gave a fukk about Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth before their respective roles in Captain America and Thor but those movies were successful. I wouldn't have known Chris Pratt if he walked up to me in public and told me every movie he'd been in before Guardians, that movie was successful. I can't even remember the name of the nikka that played Superman in Man of Steel but that movie was successful. Comic book movies are the popular thing right now, people are gonna go see them regardless, especially if it's an
ibbfKMDMFGSnr3.png
established franchise like X-Men.
my nikka dropping knowledge
J Law is just a bytch that can act psycho doe :usure:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender...you really tryna tell me you need star power in the Apocalypse role to sell this movie?:dahell:Nobody gave a fukk about Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth before their respective roles in Captain America and Thor but those movies were successful. I wouldn't have known Chris Pratt if he walked up to me in public and told me every movie he'd been in before Guardians, that movie was successful. I can't even remember the name of the nikka that played Superman in Man of Steel but that movie was successful. Comic book movies are the popular thing right now, people are gonna go see them regardless, especially if it's an established franchise like X-Men.
Last x men was the highest grossing film of the series with 746M, but apparently people are gonna stay at home because Oscar Isaac was cast?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender...you really tryna tell me you need star power in the Apocalypse role to sell this movie?:dahell:Nobody gave a fukk about Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth before their respective roles in Captain America and Thor but those movies were successful. I wouldn't have known Chris Pratt if he walked up to me in public and told me every movie he'd been in before Guardians, that movie was successful. I can't even remember the name of the nikka that played Superman in Man of Steel but that movie was successful. Comic book movies are the popular thing right now, people are gonna go see them regardless, especially if it's an established franchise like X-Men.
Those movies also had Tommy Lee Jones, Hugo Weaving, Stanley Tucci, Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman.
And is Hugh Jackman going to be in Apocalypse? I don't think it is definite. But also they have Channing Tatum rumored not definite so you may be right. It's not needed but it would definitely help via the box office.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Last x men was the highest grossing film of the series with 746M, but apparently people are gonna stay at home because Oscar Isaac was cast?
Are they going for blockbuster status and even more skrilla or an Oscar worthy performance? Just sayin' what the smarter play would be. They could maybe make a billy casting the right villain alone.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
this is completely unrelated but it burns me that this is considered a smash success for xmen but spiderman 2 does 700 million and is considered a flop.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Those movies also had Tommy Lee Jones, Hugo Weaving, Stanley Tucci, Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman.
And is Hugh Jackman going to be in Apocalypse? I don't think it is definite. But also they have Channing Tatum rumored not definite so you may be right. It's not needed but it would definitely help via the box office.
It definitely wouldn't hurt to have more high profile names, but I don't think it will hurt having a low key actor playing Apocalypse. While not on the level of a Joker or Lex Luthor, Apocalypse is a well known villian by casual moviegoers. Like Thanos, nobody will know who is portraying him once the CGI is done.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
this is completely unrelated but it burns me that this is considered a smash success for xmen but spiderman 2 does 700 million and is considered a flop.
Expectations. 1. Sony thought the film would do even better. The former film, ASM1 did 757 million, studios want their sequels to trend upwards, not down. 2. ASM2 generally had negative reviews. ASM2 is supposed to be apart of a larger universe/franchise. Meaning that the next film depends on people liking the last one they saw. If people dislike the last film (ASM2) then it makes it harder for the studio to get people to see the next film in line.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It definitely wouldn't hurt to have more high profile names, but I don't think it will hurt having a low key actor playing Apocalypse. While not on the level of a Joker or Lex Luthor, Apocalypse is a well known villian by casual moviegoers. Like Thanos, nobody will know who is portraying him once the CGI is done.

Especially since the general public doesn't know who apocalypse is. Jennifer Lawrence is a star if not the star in hollywood now. It would help if Hugh Jackman is in it sure but Jennifer is also the main star in another film series that is killing it at the box office each time out. Fassbender is a star now too.

:wow:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Of course hes going to be in it. How else will Wolverine save the day