X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Established actors that people know and recognize as opposed to Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans at the time.

Yeah but I don't recall people lined up because Tommy Lee Jones plays a minor role in the movie or for Stanley Tucci's 10 min in the movie. At this point, the brand is selling the movie and it makes the other people stars but it's the brand. These flicks are like James Bond flicks at this point: The name sells it, not the guy behind the tux.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Established actors that people know and recognize as opposed to Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans at the time.
Nobody was going to see Thor because Anthony Hopkins was in it.

Captain America was the 5th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. First four made 585M, 263M, 624M, 449M. Nobody saw that a movie about a popular superhero was being made, remained hesitant until they saw Stanley Tucci and Hugo Weaving in makeup and went :banderas: "I'm in."

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Captain America was the 5th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. First four made 585M, 263M, 624M, 449M. Nobody saw that a movie about a popular superhero was being made, remained hesitant until they saw Stanley Tucci and Hugo Weaving in makeup and went :banderas: "I'm in."

:russ: right. Stanley Tucci, a guy whom I love but I'm sure most people couldn't name if they had to and Hugo Weaving, better known to most audiences as Agent Smith or the guy from the Lord of the Rings movies, is not the guy audiences flock to the theaters to see. Anthony Hopkins hadn't been in a hit movie in years before Thor dropped

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

But it would have hurt Thor say they cast say Jerry Stiller as Odin and Melissa McCarthy as Jane Foster. Don't act like it doesn't matter that comic book films are thoughtfully cast. Especially a villain.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:russ: right. Stanley Tucci, a guy whom I love but I'm sure most people couldn't name if they had to and Hugo Weaving, better known to most audiences as Agent Smith or the guy from the Lord of the Rings movies, is not the guy audiences flock to the theaters to see. Anthony Hopkins hadn't been in a hit movie in years before Thor dropped

At least Hugo Weaving and Stanley Tucci are known as something? What's Isaac whatshisface known as?! Oh as Isaac whathisface? That's it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
At least Hugo Weaving and Stanley Tucci are known as something? What's Isaac whatshisface known as?! Oh as Isaac whathisface? That's it.

But breh he's the villain in a movie built around stars who are known for stuff and current. Jennifer Lawrence is in the star of the number one movie in the country and already has an Oscar to her name and a couple nominations to boot. They don't need more star power. Oh and btw by the time x men comes out everyone will know Oscar because he's going to be a main character in Star Wars

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But it would have hurt Thor say they cast say Jerry Stiller as Odin and Melissa McCarthy as Jane Foster. Don't act like it doesn't matter that comic book films are thoughtfully cast. Especially a villain.

Yeah and they normally cast the best person for the part not just the biggest star.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But breh he's the villain in a movie built around stars who are known for stuff and current. Jennifer Lawrence is in the star of the number one movie in the country and already has an Oscar to her name and a couple nominations to boot. They don't need more star power. Oh and btw by the time x men comes out everyone will know Oscar because he's going to be a main character in Star Wars

Oh so do they need the main star character of Star Wars in the movie or not?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At least Hugo Weaving and Stanley Tucci are known as something?
:dwillhuh: Do you think people went and saw Captain America because Stanley Tucci was in it?

And what was Michael Fassbender known as before he was Magneto?

The guy that wasn't a household name but had some amazing performances.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
hmmm . . yet they are making Mystique the focus of the X-Men? lol
They do what they want homie. And I think they should want a bigger star as a villain.
Oh so do they need the main star character of Star Wars in the movie or not?

A main character breh but that's me assuming. Clearly the main characters are Han luke and Leia. My point is the villain role needs to be played by a good or great actor and you make them into a known name from that. Ian McKellen wasn't a household name in the states when he was cast in x men in 2000. Alfred Molina wasn't a big deal either when he was cast as Doc Ock and I don't recall Heath Ledger's name ringing any bells before he was cast as the joker.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I agree with this. I got nothing against O. Isaac, he seems like he is talented but being that this is trying to be a summer blockbuster shouldn’t they go with someone who actually puts butts in seats?! I mean this guy may be a good actor but most could not name him on sight, this will not bring anyone to the theater. I think it would have been smarter to go with a bankable movie star.
And thats just the gist of it, some simpletons in this thread cant seem to grasp a basic passage, saying hes household name due to the fact hes lined up to star in a movies that havent even touched the theater yet :beli: the argument isnt whether he is getting roles or is an natural ancillary type the reality is to the average moviegoer hes joey noname yet hes seems to be getting every high profile role.Its mystifying and the exact opposite of how things use to be done