X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Just got back the first half was really solid, the third act/final fight was trash. Apacolypse really needed his own movie, loved his rant when he got rid of the weapons. My biggest fukking beef was no Jubille, she got no burn. They should have just cut her completely.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I do lend credence to the criticism about apoc not being developed enough. Like there's no understanding as to why he needs to cleanse the entire earth, killing millions of mutants in the process with just the hope the strong survive. I mean dude was worshipped by humans before being buried, so what's the issue? We have weapons? Ok, those got destroyed now whats your beef?

And to make mystique such a central character but only have jlaw in character about 1/4 of the movie is bullshyt. Beast also not being in character annoyed me, they spent the budgets on effects and didn't want to do makeup :swaggywhat:

And was night crawler supposed to have an indian or German accent? Yet another accent that irked me during the movie.

Design and actor notwithstanding it's obvious that Singer never really wanted to use the character, or not in the way that was done in the movie. Barely any effort was put into the character. Didn't even flesh out his philosophy like they did with Magneto and Xaiver. He wanted to use Magneto as the main villain (you could even see it when watching it). If you remember the original idea was for Apocalypse to merge with Magneto, but with Magneto still in control and now powered up.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I enjoyed it. The story was cool n the action scenes were good. Apocalypse could have seemed more powerful but he wasn't bad. The wolverine cameo was cool as well. Jean unlocking her powers had me :wow:

I need more films in my life. Continue with the young group n let us watch em grow.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Now some bytch Rose mcgowan complaining the xmen ad is depicting violence against women....

x-men_billboard_h_2016.jpg

:mjlol: GTFOH with that bullshyt...

Technically isn't she transgender tho :dahell:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

It's a long watch but she made some great points. I'm going to see it anyway (it HAS to at least be better than X3).
First Class was a good movie but I didn't like how :mjpls: it was. (Killing Darwin, every nonwhite character ending up evil side at the climax)

I've said it before: First Class should have been a full reboot-- that way they could have used the Cyclops, Jean, and the rest of the triple OG X-men from the beginning (Iceman, Angel, and Beast, the last of whom was already there. Maybe introduce Havok and Polaris later in the movie).
Then after that they could adapt Giant Sized X-men #1 afterwards and focus on the GOAT All-New, All Different group (except for Thunderbird and Sunfire, they can :camby: )

A lot of cats are saying the 90's cartoon, but Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pryde >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jubilee and Gambit if we really want to keep it 100.

I love her :mjcry:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's a long watch but she made some great points. I'm going to see it anyway (it HAS to at least be better than X3).
First Class was a good movie but I didn't like how :mjpls: it was. (Killing Darwin, every nonwhite character ending up evil side at the climax)

I've said it before: First Class should have been a full reboot-- that way they could have used the Cyclops, Jean, and the rest of the triple OG X-men from the beginning (Iceman, Angel, and Beast, the last of whom was already there. Maybe introduce Havok and Polaris later in the movie).
Then after that they could adapt Giant Sized X-men #1 afterwards and focus on the GOAT All-New, All Different group (except for Thunderbird and Sunfire, they can :camby: )

A lot of cats are saying the 90's cartoon, but Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pryde >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jubilee and Gambit if we really want to keep it 100.

Comic book girl 19 :noah:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Watched the video and she was on point. The X-Men movies have always occupied this weird grey area of being comic book movies without really embracing it.

She's also right about how even though the X-Men films have been around so long, DOFP was the first one to really make a lot of money. Before DOFP, no X-Men film had ever made $500 million.

It doesn't help that Fox doesn't give a single fukk about continuity. You got Mystique capturing Wolverine at the end of DOFP yet that shyt doesn't even get brought up in Apocalypse.

I've also said before that the X-Men films are more like Wolverine and the X-Men movies. First Class is the closest one to really feeling like a X-Men movie. First Class has the mutants coming together, showing off their powers and actually doing shyt. It has a new villain with Sebastian Shaw.

I liked DOFP but didn't love it like most and part of the reason for that is because it's another Wolverine focused movie with Magneto being the villain again.

I'm way more interested in the New Mutants film than anything else coming from this franchise.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
:wow:10 years have passed and quicksilver hasn't left his moms basement and hasnt aged one but :mjlol:

And even though the school scene was dope, they over did his powers :dead:

He was literally damn near stopping time. Moving at almost the speed of light like it was nothing. Which kind of makes me wonder how he wasn't able to out run that blast and take out stryker's goons :mjpls: