X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
It wasn't dark phoenix because she woulda blew everyone wig back, but it was still stupid as fukk and as sad as it is probably the only way they could "intelligently" defeat apoc without a even bigger ass pull. Just so much wasted opps. Xavier/Mags haven't really progressed as characters in 2 movies. Mystique is so fukking trash as a prominent character. It literally is ruining this shyt having to have her be important. You got magneto able to destroy the whole world, Xavier able to see everyones mind, and then you have Raven just kind of...doing shyt. Its scust. The more I think about this film the more irritated I get. I can't believe I got on CW so hard when shyt like this can get made. Literally anyone in this thread could write a better use of apoc, anyone. wtf were they thinking? can he only turn nikkas to sand when they are cannon fodder? the inconsistencies in his power were horrible. storm was wasted. psylocke is evil just to be evil and he gave her a lil more glow on her psionic blades. Angel is a broke alcoholic :mindblown:

fukk this movie.

Don't forget her psionic lasso :dead:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Right? :mindblown:

25dbf7001e1d08de0d2b147553333a30.jpg

^^^ THIS is Storm. :myman:

:rip: Dave Cockrum :to:

That Dave character model.
His night crawler and the other character models are crazy, too.

Art Barr

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Quicksilvers power is actually to manipulate time. Not that he can move extremely fast. His power is that he can speed up and slow down time.

:patrice:You sure about that...Bub?:usure:

Marvel said:
Quicksilver possessed superhuman speed,:francis: and could travel on foot at speeds exceeding the speed of sound for hundreds of miles before tiring; he could "fly" for short distances by flapping his arms or "vibrating" his legs; he could also use his speed to create cyclones, dodge machine gun and laser fire (Not in MCU tho:mjlol::upsetfavre:), and run up walls and across water. When the High Evolutionary's Isotope E upgraded his powers, he did not know the true limits of his speed.

Following the loss of his mutant nature, Quicksilver exposed himself to the Terrigen Mists, resulting in him now possessing the power to vibrate his atoms so quickly he travels forward in time. His molecular speed that he generates displaces him out of the mainstream time/space so that he is able to propel himself into the future. He can leap from thirty seconds to up to twelve days, and remain for several minutes to several hours before being recalled to his present time once his body tires, or he can return at will before his time is up. As he returns from his trip, he returns the exact moment he left so as to appear that he has been gone for half a nano-second. He is able to bring inorganic objects from the future back to his correct time, although it has yet been shown what would happen if he attempted to bring organic objects with him. (Close...but no cigar:lolbron:)These new powers are having an affect on his physical health. Each time he meets up with his future self (if indeed the person he meets is his future self), the future self looks more and more haggard.

After the incident on Genosha, Pietro continued to inhale the Mists of Terrigen and has apparently obtained the power, with the shards of the Mists in his hands, to restore other mutants’ powers.

Quicksilver - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

Moving thru time....by running fast. Yes.:sas1: Manipulating it...doesn't say anything about that.:sas2:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Yeah Quicksilver can't manipulate time, that's Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) from DC.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So...I thought in the comics Nightcrawler was the son of Mystique & Azazel?

Correct me if I'm wrong but have they ever even alluded to this in ANY of the movies?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Y'all think a film with QuickSilver as a major focal point would work? Or is he better just stealing the show with a lesser role?
Not sure, but evan peters is just a good actor, next to Jessica Lange, he stole the show in damn near every season of AHS. Hope he gets more leading role work in Hollywood.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Co-sign. '76-'83 were the GOAT era for X-men, hands down. Better than the 90's cartoon.

What really ruined it was the introduction of Madelyne Pryor and the subsequent decision to resurrect Jean Grey. Scott got character assassinated, and some of the best characters were written out (Nightcrawler, Kitty).

The Morlock Massacre and Fall of the Mutants still have some great moments, but it was never as consistently GOAT to me after Paul Smith left. That's where it got really patchy and started flip flopping between great and crappy IMO.
I disagree to an extent about Madelyne Pryor. If they would have just made her a regular woman and not a clone of Jean Grey it would have been ok. I read that Chris Claremont wanted to write out Cyclops from the X-Men. Start a family and live his life. Basically "graduate." The suits in Marvel insisted on bringing back Jean Grey and establishing X-Factor. Basically ruined and destroyed the impact of the Dark Phoenix Saga and making Cyclops a a$$hole (leaving his life and son to go back to Jean).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree to an extent about Madelyne Pryor. If they would have just made her a regular woman and not a clone of Jean Grey it would have been ok. I read that Chris Claremont wanted to write out Cyclops from the X-Men. Start a family and live his life. Basically "graduate." The suits in Marvel insisted on bringing back Jean Grey and establishing X-Factor. Basically ruined and destroyed the impact of the Dark Phoenix Saga and making Cyclops a a$$hole (leaving his life and son to go back to Jean).

I feel you on this one. Madelyne wouldn't be that bad if they had let Claremont follow the original plan of having Cyclops get married, start a family, and move on. The real problem was resurrecting Jean (who should have stayed dead after the Dark Phoenix story IMO). It devalued the Dark Phoenix saga and made Cyclops a dirtbag (just like you said) when the top brass insisted on going through with X-factor, resurrecting Jean, and character assassinating Maddy with all of the inferno stuff.

I can respect what Claremont was trying to do with letting Madelyne and Scott have their happy ending and giving Storm the juice, but Madelyne still isn't someone I'd like to see adapted in a movie or cartoon anytime soon.

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just saw the movie, didn't like it...not saying that it was bad

but I'm starting to realize that the X-Men movies are not my thing anymore

X-Men is my favorite superhero team/group but I dont like the way its adopted in movies

my favorite superhero movie is the Dark Knight Trilogy

and I wish the X-Men had a more serious, in depth, realistic(relatively speaking) plot like The Dark Knight Trilogy

but maybe its not supposed to be like that, I dont know, I'm not really a movie/comic expert

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I just realized that I didn't give my thoughts on the movie. It's probably the weakest of the new trilogy that we've got, but I liked it. A lot of it was muddled and scrunched together (the Stryker stuff just felt like it was put in there so we would get Wolverine in the movie), but I don't think it's near as bad as some are making it. My favorite scene for sure was the Quicksilver scene.

:whoo:

Last edited: