X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Right? :mindblown:

25dbf7001e1d08de0d2b147553333a30.jpg

^^^ THIS is Storm. :myman:

:rip: Dave Cockrum :to:
From what I can tell in the movie shes supposed to be in her teens or early 20s, not a full grown woman yet. She hasnt even attended the school for proper training and control. Just a runt teen looking for her place.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
apocalypse has never left earth so he cant be a universal being, apocalypse came from ancient egypt which is a definite time period
I always thought he said he was the first mutant, and was there before mankind or before time. then again apoc like to big himself up and talk all messiah like so he was coulda been gassing.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I always thought he said he was the first mutant, and was there before mankind or before time. then again apoc like to big himself up and talk all messiah like so he was coulda been gassing.

nah, he was the first mutant from ancient egypt ie the first advanced human civilization, he doesnt go beyond that

in the comics supposedly he had grey skin (god forbid he had black skin like most ancient egyptians) and was made fun of when he was young

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
now that yall mention it, the Lawrence/mystique character is EXACTLY what storm is suppose to be like, in the comics only cyclops and storm are taken seriously as x-men leaders

but that would mean giving a black woman the prime or leading role.....
how do fox's X-men don't get shyt on about race in they movies when they still fuking up on nonwhite female and male characters like they don't exist

they look up to mystique.....

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Man there was one point where I just laughed out loud. He was so damn short throughout the movie and Storm and Psylocke were towering over him at times. he looked like he was playing dress up for Halloween when he was walking up to Jean at the end during the psychic battle. Embarrassing really. And Fox passed up this design that was already fitted for Oscar Issac's face and body.
apocalypse_gif.0.gif

apocalypse_gif_2.0.gif

Wow!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Movie wasn't anywhere near as bad as the reviews.

My gripes: dumbing down apocalypse - but you kinda have to with a teen/early 20's xmen crew, the mystique suck off :comeon:, the fukking terrible accents they had people using - storm is Egyptian but using a generic west African accent, couldn't tell if Sophie's Jean was American or British, of course the continued sidelining of storm, but it made sense here, the wolverine cameo was meh :ld:

Liked: the quicksilver rescue, it was over the top - yes, but was cool nonetheless, surprisingly I liked Sansa as Jean, not like she blew the part away, but if the role is developed more, I think she can deliver

Anyway, movie was cool, but I'm really ready to get back to the seasoned GOAT lineup: X, Jean, cyclops, wolverine, storm, gambit, beast, jubilee, rogue

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I do lend credence to the criticism about apoc not being developed enough. Like there's no understanding as to why he needs to cleanse the entire earth, killing millions of mutants in the process with just the hope the strong survive. I mean dude was worshipped by humans before being buried, so what's the issue? We have weapons? Ok, those got destroyed now whats your beef?

And to make mystique such a central character but only have jlaw in character about 1/4 of the movie is bullshyt. Beast also not being in character annoyed me, they spent the budgets on effects and didn't want to do makeup :swaggywhat:

And was night crawler supposed to have an indian or German accent? Yet another accent that irked me during the movie.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Anybody saying Jennifer Lawrence can act is automatic bushes status, your opinion is invalid.

bytch cannot act for shyt.
Won't say she can't act, but she's a tad overrated. What people liked about her performances in movies like silver linings and american hustle are the traits of her personality that make her likable as a person. Her best performances come from characters that mirror her quirky outgoing personality.