X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Let him go? Who was gonna stop Magneto? The only reason he was putting up with "hidind" was the family aspect. Xavier and Mystique pleaded with him the second half of the movie. They didn't even try to stop him.
Stop him? After he killed all those people by ripping up the earth xavier shoulda shyt his brain off and lead to onslaught or something.

Dude murdered thousands and got a get outta jail card cause he changed his mind. Stupid

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Directors just think they too smart for the source material. You could literally take ill lore verbatim and no one would bat an eye :mindblown:

Could you imagine how insane and legendary rhe silent hill films would have been with a storyline following 2 or 3? I hate hollywood

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Am I the only one who thought the way they introduced the new mutants was corny :francis: I thought Angel was supposed to be a rich New England playboy with a wealthy inheritance? Why is he in some underground cage fighting ring? And why would they use the whole XMen 1/Spiderman 1 cage fighting angle where they show the heroes' powers, it makes sense to do that for someone like Wolverine but Angel and Nightcrawler out of all people :what: Why not just have Mystique discover Crawler in the circus or whatever and have Angel do his thing elsewhere? And Psylocke was just some random lackie who decides to join Apocalypse cuz he made her sword extra shiny? I wasn't feeling how they introduced her either

Also that first interaction between Jean and Cyclops in the mansion was near TAS2 levels of corny and I never bought into their chemistry the whole movie, probably because like everything else in the story it wasn't given that much time. Although I liked how they introduced Cyclops, am I the only one who thought they still haven't nailed him 100% or even 80% yet? He's more brash and self-assured than his comics/cartoon counterparts, where in those he'd probably be too shook to even talk to Jean and damn sure wouldn't suggest the X-Men steal the car and go out to the mall.

They do Not keep to the origin of cyke so he won't really be cyke.

I told y'all why they had this infatuation with mystique.
Mystique is the most worthless character damn near ever, too.

Art Barr

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
when I say character driven I meant more of a focus on the interpersonal ideologies and interactions between characters being a larger part than most comic book movies. first class and dofp really fleshed out mags/xavier as characters. This movie was pretty much just there though and retreaded every character development they had made thus far. I thought it was aight overall but my biggest problem with comic book movies lately is can we get someone who is a good director but also an actual fan of the material? No one who has even a passing knowledge of XMen would set up a story in which

1.Mystique is not only a hero but some sort of MLK of mutants
2.Pretty much having Jlaw bum ass play Katniss again :dahell:
3.Have more continuity issues than pretty much anything I've seen recently
4.Have such a brash Scott summers
5.Have Angel and Nightcrawler introduced by...fukking cage fighting?
6.Have a usually penultimate villian in Apoc utilized against essentially babies
7.Have said babies actually win :dahell:
8.Jean has the phoenix force from out of no where :mindblown:
9.Oh and quiksilver being the fukking flash on crack.

There was a lot more but as a fan of the material this movie sucks. Its okay to watch but I grew up on MvC addictions and xmen the cartoon. This nikka apoc was like my height trying to act like he shaq and it just a horrible casting and direction to take the character. I'm pretty sure you or me could take like 15 minutes and come up with a better conflict and usage for the mutants in this movie. shyt like that has to stop and I'm kind of upset I actually gave them money for this
Man I just saw the movie on yesterday and where do I begin....
Like I said with all of these X-Men movies the problem I have with these shyts is the scale on these things seems so damn small like you can tell they shooting this shyt on a lot somewhere or on a green screen.

Jennifer Lawrence....she just did not want to do this movie at all and hates the Mystique make up. I have no idea why she was regarded as some kind of great, prideful mutant leader in this when she walking around basically in disguise hiding her true mutant form. When Storm said she looked up to her and had her pic hanging on the wall like MLK or Black Jesus I almost walked then and there.
The way Singer kept bashing the audience over the head reminding us its the 80s was almost vomit inducing
-Ms. Pacman video game, Havoc's mustang, Quicksilver's cast that said "I LOVE RUSH" in huge letters at the end, the Star Wars conversation, Nightcrawler's Michael Jackson jacket the shyt just kept popping up way too damn often. Why do all that shyt to remind us of a time period that doesn't even make sense to begin with? I get he wants to make a joke about it and does it continually does it throughout the movie to the point where he comes off like a douche. The whole Wolverine Weapon X thing was pointless IMO and they just shoehorned it in there. I'm still trying to figure out how Stryker got his hands on Wolverine since Mystique grabbed him at the end of DOFP disguised as Stryker. Are we suppose to forget about that whole scene and no explanation given and no interaction b/w him and Mystique? I guess so.
And as far as Apocalypse....great way to just utterly ruin a character. I'll just leave it at that but what really grinded my gears was Jean becoming the phoenix out of nowhere.
:dahell:
She just panted and ran around for most of the movie and the last 2 minutes she yells, fire appears behind her in the shape of a phoenix and she ends up helping Xavier defeat Apoc.
:rudy:
What a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that I think about it, magneto did kind of halfway destroy the world and kill millions of people, then changed his mind and rebuilt the school like everything was all good

Then he wonders why humans don't fuk with him

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Now that I think about it, magneto did kind of halfway destroy the world and kill millions of people, then changed his mind and rebuilt the school like everything was all good

Then he wonders why humans don't fuk with him
i mean damn man they did kill his wife and kid and at the end he still doesn't trust humanity. He ain't trying to get along with them and act like everything is all good.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Man I just saw the movie on yesterday and where do I begin....
Like I said with all of these X-Men movies the problem I have with these shyts is the scale on these things seems so damn small like you can tell they shooting this shyt on a lot somewhere or on a green screen.

Jennifer Lawrence....she just did not want to do this movie at all and hates the Mystique make up. I have no idea why she was regarded as some kind of great, prideful mutant leader in this when she walking around basically in disguise hiding her true mutant form. When Storm said she looked up to her and had her pic hanging on the wall like MLK or Black Jesus I almost walked then and there.
The way Singer kept bashing the audience over the head reminding us its the 80s was almost vomit inducing
-Ms. Pacman video game, Havoc's mustang, Quicksilver's cast that said "I LOVE RUSH" in huge letters at the end, the Star Wars conversation, Nightcrawler's Michael Jackson jacket the shyt just kept popping up way too damn often. Why do all that shyt to remind us of a time period that doesn't even make sense to begin with? I get he wants to make a joke about it and does it continually does it throughout the movie to the point where he comes off like a douche. The whole Wolverine Weapon X thing was pointless IMO and they just shoehorned it in there. I'm still trying to figure out how Stryker got his hands on Wolverine since Mystique grabbed him at the end of DOFP disguised as Stryker. Are we suppose to forget about that whole scene and no explanation given and no interaction b/w him and Mystique? I guess so.
And as far as Apocalypse....great way to just utterly ruin a character. I'll just leave it at that but what really grinded my gears was Jean becoming the Dark Phoenix out of nowhere.
:dahell:
She just panted and ran around for most of the movie and the last 2 minutes she yells, fire appears behind her in the shape of a phoenix and she ends up helping Xavier defeat Apoc.
:rudy:
What a wasted opportunity.

It wasn't dark phoenix because she woulda blew everyone wig back, but it was still stupid as fukk and as sad as it is probably the only way they could "intelligently" defeat apoc without a even bigger ass pull. Just so much wasted opps. Xavier/Mags haven't really progressed as characters in 2 movies. Mystique is so fukking trash as a prominent character. It literally is ruining this shyt having to have her be important. You got magneto able to destroy the whole world, Xavier able to see everyones mind, and then you have Raven just kind of...doing shyt. Its scust. The more I think about this film the more irritated I get. I can't believe I got on CW so hard when shyt like this can get made. Literally anyone in this thread could write a better use of apoc, anyone. wtf were they thinking? can he only turn nikkas to sand when they are cannon fodder? the inconsistencies in his power were horrible. storm was wasted. psylocke is evil just to be evil and he gave her a lil more glow on her psionic blades. Angel is a broke alcoholic :mindblown:

fukk this movie.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The Horseman were so weak :mjlol:
Storm was basically static shock episode 1 status. I thought she had her powers unlocked? Didn't cause 1 storm.

Angel...... Need I say more:francis:. I never want to see angel in an Xmen movie again.

Olivia munn's character couldn't even handle beast 1 on one. Might as well have given her a rope.

Magneto still strong af but really didn't serve him well since he didn't fight anyone. Just murdered thousands, if not millions of people:mjlol:
Where's the spoilers thread so I can continue

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The Horseman were so weak :mjlol:
Storm was basically static shock episode 1 status. I thought she had her powers unlocked? Didn't cause 1 storm.

Angel...... Need I say more:francis:. I never want to see angel in an Xmen movie again.

Olivia munn's character couldn't even handle beast 1 on one. Might as well have given her a rope.

Magneto still strong af but really didn't serve him well since he didn't fight anyone. Just murdered thousands, if not millions of people:mjlol:
Where's the spoilers thread so I can continue

Aint Psylocke like an omega level mutant too. WTF this movie is pissing me off more and more when I thought it was decent last night

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's kinda sad reading the later stuff of Claremont's original run. Huge drop in quality and just weird stuff happening and uninteresting villains. That '75 to '82 run is damn near perfect though. New Mutants and X-Factor really hurt the main title, IMO.
Well he was at one point writing ALL X-Men material so it would've only been a matter of time for him to get burnt out

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They do Not keep to the origin of cyke so he won't really be cyke.

I told y'all why they had this infatuation with mystique.
Mystique is the most worthless character damn near ever, too.

Art Barr
The most interesting thing about her is she's Nightcrawler and Rogue's mother :deadmanny:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Aint Psylocke like an omega level mutant too. WTF this movie is pissing me off more and more when I thought it was decent last night
Shes also an assassin
But you know how Hollyweird does shyt :beli: