X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Jean prolly sheilded everyone from night crawler like she did im the base

But for real. They butchered apocolypse. My brother said it the best

"Yiu cant have a guy be 5'7" stabding next to larger people and have him look intimidating"

fukk the love for this guy. I forget his name off top but poe dameron can eat a dikk

Its like singer doesnt give a fukk about continuity and just makes what he wants which has been his MO since day 1

The 8 min youtube video of apoc quotes is better than this movies depiction of apoc

And boo hoo magneto again

Dude murdered THOUSANDS if not millions and they let him go at the end. fukk is wrong with xavier. shyt made no sense.

The world building they couldnhave done and they always fall short
After second viewing this shyt is a 6 at best

Conz

Superstar
Daps
no one is gonna talk about the XMen universe when the superhero trend ultimately fades out... which may take 10-15 years, but still.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
A Phoenix powered Jean would beat Apocalypse, Thor, and Silver Surfer at the same time but the problem is..she doesn't have the Phoenix inside her. It's a cosmic entity that enabled her to do that in comics back in that original story.

I figured they wouldn't let Apocalypse wouldn't beat Magneto because he never does in the books. Magneto beat him in like 3 panels in House of M. Ripped him in half in Age of Apocalypse and they avoided having them fight in the Twelve storyline where Cyclops died years ago.

Ummm....Black Panther had Black Bolt give him that death scream in House of M. Or did he also fight Mags in some issues before that happened or something. I don't recollect.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Olivia Munn :noah:

Her in her Psylocke costume was the only good part of this movie. She's in her prime right now (looks wise).

Killing the other chicks in this movie and she's ten years older than them :whew:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
just like theirs an xboxone and a ps4 and a wii variation and competition is not a bad thing. Marvel got they flowchart they use for like every movie, DC has their angsty edgy Noire thing going on, xmen tries to be predominantly character driven...Itd be reallllll boring if every movie followed the MCU, DC, or fox lead. Only a stan of a respective would disagree.

I respect that and agree with most, cept the bolded (their character drives aren't too great considering how much injustice they do the bulk of their characters), tho there's still DC for the competitive angle (plus isn't Spawn supposed to be coming back too?). So you'd already have some competitive differences in tone for different brands, which I'm cool with and sure others are just the same (when done correctly, which doesn't mean they have to be MCU to be "correct" either). And despite there being a definitive formula for the MCU made movies (that's obviously proven to work, might I add), they do allow directors to mix it up a bit between some of their movies in some ways as well, with good or mixed results (e.g. Civil War having Zemo kill off the other super super soldiers and the movie ending with a smaller brawl rather than a big one, Iron Man 3 Mandarin twist), which is cool. Thus far, MCU is the only comic book made movies that have actually even made some characters (actually a good deal of them tbh and factually, lol) even better received than their book iterations. Most of these other joints have done the opposite, even among the really good ones (like how in the more "realistic" Nolan-verse, Bat's fighting ability is very muted comparatively). Outside of Deadpool, all these other Marvel movies that have not been made by marvel have looked funny in the light and only shined more light on that for marvel's characters to be done properly, is best left in their own hands.

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
also at the motivation of the four horsemen (other than I guess Magneto)

Let me give you guys a lil level up and help me murder billions of people:shaq:

:martin:

Word. Tho at least he had Storm duped a bit in him saying that he was trying to save the world. You could see her change of heart in seeing him give her hero J. Law that yokehold. The others tho..yeah. Angel was just...there and wasted (specially since they spent all this psuedo-effort in finally creating the original X-men squad on screen) and Psylocke was like just evil and seemingly going to carry on being evil after Apoc death for...reasons.:ld:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I respect that and agree with most, cept the bolded (their character drives aren't too great considering how much injustice they do the bulk of their characters), tho there's still DC for the competitive angle (plus isn't Spawn supposed to be coming back too?). So you'd already have some competitive differences in tone for different brands, which I'm cool with and sure others are just the same (when done correctly, which doesn't mean they have to be MCU to be "correct" either). And despite there being a definitive formula for the MCU made movies (that's obviously proven to work, might I add), they do allow directors to mix it up a bit between some of their movies in some ways as well, with good or mixed results (e.g. Civil War having Zemo kill off the other super super soldiers and the movie ending with a smaller brawl rather than a big one, Iron Man 3 Mandarin twist), which is cool. Thus far, MCU is the only comic book made movies that have actually even made some characters (actually a good deal of them tbh and factually, lol) even better received than their book iterations. Most of these other joints have done the opposite, even among the really good ones (like how in the more "realistic" Nolan-verse, Bat's fighting ability is very muted comparatively). Outside of Deadpool, all these other Marvel movies that have not been made by marvel have looked funny in the light and only shined more light on that marvel's characters done properly is best left in their own hands.

when I say character driven I meant more of a focus on the interpersonal ideologies and interactions between characters being a larger part than most comic book movies. first class and dofp really fleshed out mags/xavier as characters. This movie was pretty much just there though and retreaded every character development they had made thus far. I thought it was aight overall but my biggest problem with comic book movies lately is can we get someone who is a good director but also an actual fan of the material? No one who has even a passing knowledge of XMen would set up a story in which

1.Mystique is not only a hero but some sort of MLK of mutants
2.Pretty much having Jlaw bum ass play Katniss again :dahell:
3.Have more continuity issues than pretty much anything I've seen recently
4.Have such a brash Scott summers
5.Have Angel and Nightcrawler introduced by...fukking cage fighting?
6.Have a usually penultimate villian in Apoc utilized against essentially babies
7.Have said babies actually win :dahell:
8.Jean has the phoenix force from out of no where :mindblown:
9.Oh and quiksilver being the fukking flash on crack.

There was a lot more but as a fan of the material this movie sucks. Its okay to watch but I grew up on MvC addictions and xmen the cartoon. This nikka apoc was like my height trying to act like he shaq and it just a horrible casting and direction to take the character. I'm pretty sure you or me could take like 15 minutes and come up with a better conflict and usage for the mutants in this movie. shyt like that has to stop and I'm kind of upset I actually gave them money for this

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
X-Men Director Bryan Singer Really Wants a Solo Mystique Movie For Jennifer Lawrence

A recent interview with director Bryan Singer also confirms that if 20th Century Fox had its way, Lawrence would be the face of the franchise going forward.

Speaking with the Empire podcast, Singer said, “I think [Mystique’s] right for [a standalone], whether it’s Jennifer or not. She has this different view of the world: Xavier can get into Cerebro and look at the world but he’d rather just teach classes and see the beauty of mutants and humans co-existing in his mansion in Westchester. Along comes Raven with a reality check on the state of the world. It opens up a lot of avenues.“

Singer’s words echo those of X-Men screenwriter Simon Kinberg, who, while doing press for 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, told Entertainment Weekly, “I love what Jen Lawrence has done with Mystique, and I feel like because she is in such a crowded ensemble, there’s so much more opportunity if you were to follow her solo.”

:scust:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man. I'm still down to see this but it sounds like it has some major issues. I just finished reading the Fall Of The Mutants arc in the comics. (The x-men and x-factor portions) It's actually pretty dope to me. Not on the level of the Claremont/Byrne/Austin stories but still fun.

I'm kinda :mjcry: knowing that the Apocalypse in this movie will be way less cool than the Apocalypse in the comics. But now that Singer left... can we hope for a reboot this time?

And :mindblown: at the thought of a solo mystique movie. When we've never seen Storm done right and they're just barely beginning to treat Scott with any respect. I would take a Starjammers spinoff over Mystique. At least they could build up Lilandra and the Shi'ar empire that way.

Last edited:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I just finished reading the Fall Of The Mutants arc in the comics. (The x-men and x-factor portions) It's actually pretty dope to me. Not on the level of the Claremont/Byrne/Austin stories but still fun.
It's kinda sad reading the later stuff of Claremont's original run. Huge drop in quality and just weird stuff happening and uninteresting villains. That '75 to '82 run is damn near perfect though. New Mutants and X-Factor really hurt the main title, IMO.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's kinda sad reading the later stuff of Claremont's original run. Huge drop in quality and just weird stuff happening and uninteresting villains. That '75 to '82 run is damn near perfect though. New Mutants and X-Factor really hurt the main title, IMO.

Co-sign. '76-'83 were the GOAT era for X-men, hands down. Better than the 90's cartoon.

What really ruined it was the introduction of Madelyne Pryor and the subsequent decision to resurrect Jean Grey. Scott got character assassinated, and some of the best characters were written out (Nightcrawler, Kitty).

The Morlock Massacre and Fall of the Mutants still have some great moments, but it was never as consistently GOAT to me after Paul Smith left. That's where it got really patchy and started flip flopping between great and crappy IMO.