X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The Astral Plane stuff was severely muted in this movie vs. how it is in the boos, toon, etc. Professor X should've been doing a lot of crazy shyt 1nce he was in that mode, but all they had him do is a couple 1,2 punches to Apoc, like that was suppose to mean something. They had a great opportunity to do some ill shyt with that and they blew it big time. Only decent thing that came out of that was them showing Apoc increase his size like he usually does in the reg. world. It was very meh overall with that. I guess you're just surprised they took it there at all. They need to do better than that.

Personally I thought we would never see any astral plane anything in these movies.
So, to see it added to why I liked this movie considering I know exactly what type of earth disaster revenue grab film I was watching.

Art Barr

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Bryan Singer Says He's Stepping Away From The X-MEN Franchise, But Not Forever

Bryan Singer Says He's Stepping Away From The X-MEN Franchise, But Not Forever
fXqjpOl.gif

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Apoc was way more powerful than Ultron yet their reigns lasted about the same time :snoop:

This is why I don't get why people complain about the villians. Some of them are so powerful that when defeated it's like :mindblown:

Both apoc and Ultron have genius level intellect yet get defeated so easily. It's not believable.

As far as I'm concerned most of the xmen in the movies powers have been dumbed down. I'm glad they at least scratched the surface of magnetos power.

The BEST moment of the movie was the Phoenix scene. Singer has been infatuated with that mutant since day one and you could tell she's the ONLY mutant he's cared about.

Superstar
Daps
Am I the only one who thought the way they introduced the new mutants was corny :francis: I thought Angel was supposed to be a rich New England playboy with a wealthy inheritance? Why is he in some underground cage fighting ring? And why would they use the whole XMen 1/Spiderman 1 cage fighting angle where they show the heroes' powers, it makes sense to do that for someone like Wolverine but Angel and Nightcrawler out of all people :what: Why not just have Mystique discover Crawler in the circus or whatever and have Angel do his thing elsewhere? And Psylocke was just some random lackie who decides to join Apocalypse cuz he made her sword extra shiny? I wasn't feeling how they introduced her either

Also that first interaction between Jean and Cyclops in the mansion was near TAS2 levels of corny and I never bought into their chemistry the whole movie, probably because like everything else in the story it wasn't given that much time. Although I liked how they introduced Cyclops, am I the only one who thought they still haven't nailed him 100% or even 80% yet? He's more brash and self-assured than his comics/cartoon counterparts, where in those he'd probably be too shook to even talk to Jean and damn sure wouldn't suggest the X-Men steal the car and go out to the mall.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So when Nightcrawler, Jean and Cyclops got on the helicopter, their powers were blocked. How were they able to get around for so long without being detected? Jean couldn't mask them while they were inside the helicopter.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
LMFAO at duex ex machina ass phoenix force being used to defeat one of the if not the most powerful mutant in Xmen. I thought the movie was decent but it was some incredibly egregious shyt in this film. they need to read a comic or something.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Apoc was way more powerful than Ultron yet their reigns lasted about the same time :snoop:

This is why I don't get why people complain about the villians. Some of them are so powerful that when defeated it's like :mindblown:

Both apoc and Ultron have genius level intellect yet get defeated so easily. It's not believable.

As far as I'm concerned most of the xmen in the movies powers have been dumbed down. I'm glad they at least scratched the surface of magnetos power.

The BEST moment of the movie was the Phoenix scene. Singer has been infatuated with that mutant since day one and you could tell she's the ONLY mutant he's cared about.
Not believable except it happens all the time in the comics. Apocalypse has never gotten away with what Doom, Magneto, or Kang have. Ultron is gonna beast on Thor or Wanda? Come on...lol.

But this crying shyt can relate to any of the comic movies..how would Captain America and Winter Soldier really stand a chance against Iron Man at the end of Civil War? That was ridiculous..no one should of been able to stop Wanda at the airport no matter WHAT:laugh: That was silly. If nyggas are gonna cry about little things in X-Men Apocalypse, then we definitely micro manage the shortcomings of Civil War, the first Avengers, and every other major comic film that gets praised to no end.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
LMFAO at duex ex machina ass phoenix force being used to defeat one of the if not the most powerful mutant in Xmen. I thought the movie was decent but it was some incredibly egregious shyt in this film. they need to read a comic or something.
A Phoenix powered Jean would beat Apocalypse, Thor, and Silver Surfer at the same time but the problem is..she doesn't have the Phoenix inside her. It's a cosmic entity that enabled her to do that in comics back in that original story.

I figured they wouldn't let Apocalypse beat Magneto because he never does in the books. Magneto beat him in like 3 panels in House of M. Ripped him in half in Age of Apocalypse and they avoided having them fight in the Twelve storyline where Cyclops died years ago.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Am I the only one who thought the way they introduced the new mutants was corny :francis: I thought Angel was supposed to be a rich New England playboy with a wealthy inheritance? Why is he in some underground cage fighting ring? And why would they use the whole XMen 1/Spiderman 1 cage fighting angle where they show the heroes' powers, it makes sense to do that for someone like Wolverine but Angel and Nightcrawler out of all people :what: Why not just have Mystique discover Crawler in the circus or whatever and have Angel do his thing elsewhere? And Psylocke was just some random lackie who decides to join Apocalypse cuz he made her sword extra shiny? I wasn't feeling how they introduced her either

Also that first interaction between Jean and Cyclops in the mansion was near TAS2 levels of corny and I never bought into their chemistry the whole movie, probably because like everything else in the story it wasn't given that much time. Although I liked how they introduced Cyclops, am I the only one who thought they still haven't nailed him 100% or even 80% yet? He's more brash and self-assured than his comics/cartoon counterparts, where in those he'd probably be too shook to even talk to Jean and damn sure wouldn't suggest the X-Men steal the car and go out to the mall.
Well Nightcrawler is Mystique's son in truth but they got her so young in this, they didn't acknowledge it.