X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I'd give the movie a 6 out of 10. There was way too much going on and they only really scratched the surface with half the characters.

Apocalypse should have been bigger, he didnt seem formidable and his powers were never really shown in full in the final battle. Jean beating him when she could barely control her powers was weak, phoenix force or not.

Also what was up with Angel being a cage fighter? He's already been in the X movies so how did his time line change so drastically?

DOFP was a 9/10 to me and this was a big step down.

Highlights to me were Psylocke, Wolvie, Quiksilver and Magneto.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Right after leaving the theater, I and several others were approached by a surveyor saying he represented the studio and was looking for feedback about the movie and other X-Men films going forward. So I took a 5 minute survey on one of his tablets. Lots of typical feedback/survey questions (on a scale of 1-5... etc) relating to quality and the film's advertising campaign, but there were a couple interesting or worthwhile questions:

- How do you you prefer the relationship between Xavier and Magneto going forward? Friends, enemies, or not sure.
- What X-Men characters would you like to see in future films? (Had checkboxes for all characters in the movie, with one fill-in 'Other' spot.
- What would you like to see in future X-Men films? (Open-ended response, type as much as you want). I said I wanted an X-Force film.

First time I had ever been asked to take a survey right after a movie, so I thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Right after leaving the theater, I and several others were approached by a surveyor saying he represented the studio and was looking for feedback about the movie and other X-Men films going forward. So I took a 5 minute survey on one of his tablets. Lots of typical feedback/survey questions (on a scale of 1-5... etc) relating to quality and the film's advertising campaign, but there were a couple interesting or worthwhile questions:

- How do you you prefer the relationship between Xavier and Magneto going forward? Friends, enemies, or not sure.
- What X-Men characters would you like to see in future films? (Had checkboxes for all characters in the movie, with one fill-in 'Other' spot.
- What would you like to see in future X-Men films? (Open-ended response, type as much as you want)

First time I had ever been asked to take a survey right after a movie, so I thought it was interesting.
:dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
I wish Marvel never had to sell off their franchise characters to stay afloat (Xmen, Spidey, Hulk, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer etc.)

It would be nice to see how they would've developed all these characters in the same universe

Fox, Sony & Universal (and add Warner Bros.) have b*stardized the characters and made some shîtty films (with the exception of 1 or 2 movies like Deadpool)

Most of them are purely cash grabs that don't do any justice to the awesomeness of the characters we grew up with

Apocalypse is my favorite villain and I haven't seen this movie just based on the responses I hear from people in general

I'm done watching any movie not produced by Marvel/Disney

Those other studios/companies will never see another dime from my pockets

And while I'm on the topic:
Code:
FÛCK YOU MICHAEL BAY TRANSFORMERS IS TERRIBLE!!

They can make a bunch "Tomorrowland" movies and close up shop for all I care

Fukk them for life.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This movie had elements from x-men the last stand in it as well :scusthov:

This movie felt so small. Everytime I think about the fukkery is this I'm like :snoop:

It's 1983 but I see all of those satellite dishes on roof tops in EGYPT.

Quicksilver can apparently move at close to the speed of light, yet apoc was able to catch him with sand? :mjpls:

Jean suddenly being able to control her powers with ease..

The IRONY of that scene where apocalypse is looking at a :dead: Angel and calls him worthless, because that's exactly what his character was in the movie.

Phylocke.... I could see why she wasn't feeling that consume. She seemed overdressed compared to everyone else at certain points.

I find it hard to believe knight crawler was able to go to the mall and NOBODY noticed him.

Stryker being shoehorned in the movie was :mindblown:

The only think I'm looking forward to now is cinema sins and honest trailer

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Not believable except it happens all the time in the comics. Apocalypse has never gotten away with what Doom, Magneto, or Kang have. Ultron is gonna beast on Thor or Wanda? Come on...lol.

But this crying shyt can relate to any of the comic movies..how would Captain America and Winter Soldier really stand a chance against Iron Man at the end of Civil War? That was ridiculous..no one should of been able to stop Wanda at the airport no matter WHAT:laugh: That was silly. If nyggas are gonna cry about little things in X-Men Apocalypse, then we definitely micro manage the shortcomings of Civil War, the first Avengers, and every other major comic film that gets praised to no end.

They wasn't trying to kill each other in civil war breh. Honestly my biggest beef with civil war was the civil war aspect. The whole civil war angle was forced. They should've picked a different title. But at least there is continuity with the marvel timeline ;mjpls:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They wasn't trying to kill each other in civil war breh. Honestly my biggest beef with civil war was the civil war aspect. The whole civil war angle was forced. They should've picked a different title. But at least there is continuity with the marvel timeline ;mjpls:
Iron Man was trying to kill by the end and Black Panther DEFINITELY was trying to kill Winter Soldier:laugh:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I wish Marvel never had to sell off their franchise characters to stay afloat (Xmen, Spidey, Hulk, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer etc.)

It would be nice to see how they would've developed all these characters in the same universe

Fox, Sony & Universal (and add Warner Bros.) have b*stardized the characters and made some shîtty films (with the exception of 1 or 2 movies like Deadpool)

Most of them are purely cash grabs that don't do any justice to the awesomeness of the characters we grew up with

Apocalypse is my favorite villain and I haven't seen this movie just based on the responses I hear from people in general

I'm done watching any movie not produced by Marvel/Disney

Those other studios/companies will never see another dime from my pockets

And while I'm on the topic:
Code:
FÛCK YOU MICHAEL BAY TRANSFORMERS IS TERRIBLE!!

They can make a bunch "Tomorrowland" movies and close up shop for all I care

Fukk them for life.

For all the faults in this film fukk THAT. Marvel has their sthick and its working for them now but I would hate to see their flowchart in the xmen universe too.

A Phoenix powered Jean would beat Apocalypse, Thor, and Silver Surfer at the same time but the problem is..she doesn't have the Phoenix inside her. It's a cosmic entity that enabled her to do that in comics back in that original story.

I figured they wouldn't let Apocalypse wouldn't beat Magneto because he never does in the books. Magneto beat him in like 3 panels in House of M. Ripped him in half in Age of Apocalypse and they avoided having them fight in the Twelve storyline where Cyclops died years ago.

Well Yeah I know but iirc she didn't even get the phoenix force till she was near death or something so for her to be able to call on it was pure plot no jutsu bullshyt to wrap this up in the time they needed. And for her to tap into it when shes like a teenager or some shyt :mjlol: god this movie was dumb. I enjoyed it but for the last hour all I could think was "okay they built up apoc to be able to pretty do w/e he wants...how is green teen xmen going to be able to stop not only him, but the second most powerful shown mutant magneto?" I should have known it would be some deux ex machina shyt.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
At the end of DOFP when they fished Wolverine out of the water, wasn't that Mystique posing as Stryker? So how the fukk did Stryker turn him into Weapon X?

Breh, this continuity error right here blows my mind like why the fukk did they show Mystique as Stryker in DOFP if Logan was just going to end up in the Weapon X program anyway.

And when shyt jumped off in the facility, Stryker just strolled off all casually talmbout "I'll be right back" while his crew got slaughtered :heh:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Apoc was way more powerful than Ultron yet their reigns lasted about the same time :snoop:

This is why I don't get why people complain about the villians. Some of them are so powerful that when defeated it's like :mindblown:

Both apoc and Ultron have genius level intellect yet get defeated so easily. It's not believable.

As far as I'm concerned most of the xmen in the movies powers have been dumbed down. I'm glad they at least scratched the surface of magnetos power.

The BEST moment of the movie was the Phoenix scene. Singer has been infatuated with that mutant since day one and you could tell she's the ONLY mutant he's cared about.
You liked that? Teenage Jean Grey unleashing the Phoenix from within her for no good reason? :martin:
They botched the Phoenix already in Last Stand, and still want to ignore the source material on a reboot :camby:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
For all the faults in this film fukk THAT. Marvel has their sthick and its working for them now but I would hate to see their flowchart in the xmen universe too.

:dahell::comeon: Pfff...you'd be one of few that feel that way. Marvel's "flowchart" would still be a great deal better than the bulk of these X-men movies. At the very least, their formula would have them doing their characters actually right, actually acting like they're supposed to, with better actors portraying them and better usage of their powers and abilities and attention to their motivations and backstories. The only exceptions that they go against their comic book iterations really is being that they don't overpower their movie versions, which is understandable cuz when you do, you see things like the all the while cool-looking shyt that Quicksilver does here, it makes no sense why he ain't saving the day all the time in an instant, let lone doing some crazy, fukk-all denial of physics shyt like he did in this shyt, lol. The action would be immensely better as well. Ya'll marvel detractors may say shyt about the villains, but they're not a world better in most of these non-marvel made movies either, so...:francis: All marvel need to do as a really easy fix for that issue anyway is not kill off so many of their villains (a flaw that too many of these comic book movies do outside of marvel joints as well) so that their villains could get the same multiple movie development treatment that Loki got (most of ya'll didn't fukk with him much in Thor 1, despite getting proper development there, but by Thor 2, he was a fan-fav of many) and that Kingpin and Killgrave got within the shows.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This movie had elements from x-men the last stand in it as well :scusthov:

This movie felt so small. Everytime I think about the fukkery is this I'm like :snoop:

It's 1983 but I see all of those satellite dishes on roof tops in EGYPT.

Quicksilver can apparently move at close to the speed of light, yet apoc was able to catch him with sand? :mjpls:

Jean suddenly being able to control her powers with ease..

The IRONY of that scene where apocalypse is looking at a :dead: Angel and calls him worthless, because that's exactly what his character was in the movie.

Psylocke.... I could see why she wasn't feeling that consume. She seemed overdressed compared to everyone else at certain points.

:why: How did she seem more overdressed than anyone, lol smh.

I find it hard to believe Night crawler was able to go to the mall and NOBODY noticed him.

The timeline within the movie as explained in the movie was supposedly mutants were a bit more tolerated publically due to Mystique in her normal form, saving the President in DOFP. Keep up, son.

Stryker being shoehorned in the movie was :mindblown:

The only think I'm looking forward to now is cinema sins and honest trailer

:smugfavre: And :pachaha:@ your name butchering. I fixed that for you tho.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:dahell::comeon: Pfff...you'd be one of few that feel that way. Marvel's "flowchart" would still be a great deal better than the bulk of these X-men movies. At the very least, their formula would have them doing their characters actually right, actually acting like they're supposed to, with better actors portraying them and better usage of their powers and abiltie and attention to their motivations and backstories. The only exceptions that they go against their comic book iterations really is being that they don't overpower their movie versions, which is understandable cuz when you do, you see things like the all the while cool-looking shyt that Quicksilver does here, it makes no sense why he ain't saving the day all the time in an instant, let lone doing some crazy, fukk-all denial of physics shyt like he did in this shyt, lol. The action would be immensely better as well. Ya'll marvel detractors may say shyt about the villains, but they're not a world better in most of these non-marvel made movies either, so...:francis: All marvel need to do as a really easy fix for that issue anyway is not kill off so many of their villains (a flaw that too many of these comic book movies do outside of marvel joints as well) so that their villains could get the same multiple movie development treatment that Loki got (most of ya'll didn't fukk with him much in Thor 1, despite getting proper development there, but by Thor 2, he was a fan-fav of many) and that Kingpin and Killgrave got within the shows.

just like theirs an xboxone and a ps4 and a wii variation and competition is not a bad thing. Marvel got they flowchart they use for like every movie, DC has their angsty edgy Noire thing going on, xmen tries to be predominantly character driven...Itd be reallllll boring if every movie followed the MCU, DC, or fox lead. Only a stan of a respective would disagree.