X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i thought it was a good movie. i wanted to see more fights and less storyline but meh.

can someone tell me what the post credit scene is setting up for?

Also where does this movie fit in the timeline? I'm assuming before DOFP since they're now just forming the team and after x men 1st class.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Just seen it. I enjoyed it. It wasn't bad as I thought it would be and how critics said.

Wolverine was on some :demonic:

I'm glad this Lawrence's last X-Men film. She definitely phoned in her performance. You're mutant and proud but 95% of time you look like a regular human:mjpls:

I don't like how they did my boy Havok but :manny:

Cyclops showed glimpses of the heroic field leader we know and love :mjcry:

The costumes were garbage :scust:

I almost shed a tear with Magneto when his wife and daughter died:mjcry:

I rate it a 7/10. Civil War is the undisputed king of super hero movies in 2016. I enjoyed it and got my money's worth. I won't see it again multiple times in theaters like I did Dawn of Justice and Civil War but will definitely pick it up on blue ray.:obama:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Bryan Singer Says He's Stepping Away From The X-MEN Franchise, But Not Forever

Now, after the release of his most recent installment, X-Men: Apocalypse, Singer is looking to take a break from the film series. "I recently met [Oscar-winning director] Danny Boyle -- he and I have known of each other for many years but never met. He was prepping 'Steve Jobs' at the time and I was doing this and he said, 'Are you going to be doing 'X-Men' movies forever?' And I didn’t actually say no. The reality is, even though I’m very desperate to jump to something completely different, I’ve spent so many years in this universe and I love this cast and the characters so much, I just don't see myself abandoning them forever. Perhaps as a consultant, as a producer, even as a director, I could see myself returning in the future. Just right now, once this one is done, I’d like to do something really different.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all think a film with QuickSilver as a major focal point would work? Or is he better just stealing the show with a lesser role?

Scene was dope but went on for a minute too long and seemed OP. We have yet to see a weakness in the xmen version and i dont care about the character besides beings mags son

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Scene was dope but went on for a minute too long and seemed OP. We have yet to see a weakness in the xmen version and i dont care about the character besides beings mags son
He doesn't warrant a solo film. He stole the show but he's best as a supporting character and comic relief.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

grZAZ.gif

He needs to go and Stay gone.... :mjlol:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Yeah in the next film, I want to see some drawbacks to Quicksilver's powers. Right now he's so fast, that he can end any threat by himself. They need to show that he can only go that fast for short amounts of time. Kinda similar to Nightcrawler. At the final battle, Nightcrawler passed out because he was tired from teleporting so much.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They kinda over did quicksiver's scene this time. He literally defied the laws of physics.

And I would like to reiterate the fact the the characters from dofp didn't age one bit. The only one who has aged is wolverine, but he's been in these movies for 16 damn years so unless they do cgi or a lot of damn make up....

The sad part about seeing this movie is the plethora of characters they have to play with to make a cenamatic universe that would shyt all over the MCU but for whatever reason fox lacks the vision or creativity. This movie was part of a half assed trilogy. If they would've done it right it could've been 8 movies with apocalypse being broken down into two parts.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah in the next film, I want to see some drawbacks to Quicksilver's powers. Right now he's so fast, that he can end any threat by himself. They need to show that he can only go that fast for short amounts of time. Kinda similar to Nightcrawler. At the final battle, Nightcrawler passed out because he was tired from teleporting so much.

Yeah, that's typically how most mutant's powers acted in books and such that if they overexerted themselves, they could tire themselves out or even die from excessive use of their powers w/o any moments for a breather. Quicksilver was rarely ever (if ever) this fast in the books and toons.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, they alluded to or teased the whole apoc/onslaught I am still here in some form type demo in this movie.

I was surprised how well they did the astral plane stuff given they don't give a fukk about the source material.
While also closing out removal of the shadow king and morphing the shadow king arc into the new trilogy via apoc/stormz/xavier.

To close out mags being the original rewrite for the shadow king in xmen first class.

Art Barr

The Astral Plane stuff was severely muted in this movie vs. how it is in the books, toons, etc. Professor X should've been doing a lot of crazy shyt 1nce he was in that mode, but all they had him do is a couple 1,2 punches to Apoc, like that was suppose to mean something. They had a great opportunity to do some ill shyt with that and they blew it big time. Only decent thing that came out of that was them showing Apoc increase his size like he usually does in the reg. world. It was very meh overall with that. I guess you're just surprised they took it there at all. They need to do better than that.

Last edited: