X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Where did u see the onslaught setup?? U mean him and apoc being mind linked?? I liked the return of phoenix and now that Jlaw contract is up and wolvie on his last stand we can get some of the budget set towards the special effects cause some of the cgi looked ass

Yeah, they alluded to or teased the whole apoc/onslaught I am still here in some form type demo in this movie.

I was surprised how well they did the astral plane stuff given they don't give a fukk about the source material.
While also closing out removal of the shadow king and morphing the shadow king arc into the new trilogy via apoc/stormz/xavier.

To close out mags being the original rewrite for the shadow king in xmen first class.

Art Barr

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I saw the bootleg and didn't even hang around for a post credit scene. Don't even trust Singer with Mr. Sinister. As creepy and pedo as he was in the cartoon, I'm sure Singer will try and amp up his masculinity. He'll see too much of himself in Sinister the way he lurks at Scott. :youngsabo:

"Looks like I'll be in Deadpool after all AND be a bad ass. I'm nibbling at the bits!" :troll:

03014123i6j9s.gif

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
anything over a 6 is pushing it, lmao be able to sense metal but cnt stop a metal tipped arrow from merkin yo fam, magneto's heel was corny as fukk (making a x to stop apoc lmao ); i hate mystique good god get that bytch outta here. Scott was cool, storm was trash, and so were the other horsemen. overall story was trash and apoc was underwhelming ( i mean the premise of the movie was retarded from the jump, fresh xmen with out experience beating a mutant God; then jean tapping into the phoenix at such a low level foh). yall really hype over the same ass wolverine shyt, xavier goin bald was dumb, quicksilver scene was cool. cgi was garbage, final fight was meh.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
anything over a 6 is pushing it, lmao be able to sense metal but cnt stop a metal tipped arrow from merkin yo fam, magneto's heel was corny as fukk (making a x to stop apoc lmao ); i hate mystique good god get that bytch outta here. Scott was cool, storm was trash, and so were the other horsemen. overall story was trash and apoc was underwhelming ( i mean the premise of the movie was retarded from the jump, fresh xmen with out experience beating a mutant God; then jean tapping into the phoenix at such a low level foh). yall really hype over the same ass wolverine shyt, xavier goin bald was dumb, quicksilver scene was cool. cgi was garbage, final fight was meh.
:stopitslime: it wasn't metal tipped

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Just got back from seeing it I can see why the mixed reviews were the way they were..It was good but it wasn't great doesn't compare to "Days of Future Past" but they really need Marvel's voice and input in some type of form or fashion because a lot of mutants were shortchanged in the past and they got shortchanged here. All of Magneto's parts were :wow:and the Quicksilver scene was cool too.. Since the next movie is apparently going to be in the 90's they got enough material to choose from, from both the comics and the 90's cartoon so there should be no reason as to why it receives mixed reviews and maybe they could benefit from a different too

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I liked, it was a solid movie, 7.5/10. Apocalypse could've been fleshed out more. Fox continues to drop the ball with villains. It did a good job seeing up the future of the franchise, I'm sure they'll be the inevitable crossover with Deadpool.

I still prefer the MCU and DCEU to this.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I liked, it was a solid movie, 7.5/10. Apocalypse could've been fleshed out more. Fox continues to drop the ball with villains. It did a good job seeing up the future of the franchise, I'm sure they'll be the inevitable crossover with Deadpool.

I still prefer the MCU and DCEU to this.

with all of its 2 movies?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think I tend to like the new X-Men movies more than others. I really liked First Class and DOFP. If this would have been a better movie, lowkey this might have been my favorite comic book film trilogy. Just don't understand the arguement that folks wanted it to be mediocre.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Deadpool got a 80+ tomato percentage, which was close enough to the audience score and had this for a consensus: Fast, funny, and gleefully profane, the fourth-wall-busting Deadpool subverts superhero film formula with wildly entertaining -- and decidedly non-family-friendly -- results.

Days of Future Past got a 90+ tomato percentage, which was very close to the audience score and had this for a consensus: X-Men: Days of Future Past combines the best elements of the series to produce a satisfyingly fast-paced outing that ranks among the franchise's finest installments.

First Class got a 80+ tomato percentage, which was identical to the audience score and had this for a consensus: With a strong script, stylish direction, and powerful performances from its well-rounded cast, X-Men: First Class is a welcome return to form for the franchise.

And as for as the "Disney umbrella" protecting shade from Critics.

Through The Looking Glass has a 29% tomato percentage and it's about to be the biggest bomb of the summer.

Are you saying the Mickeylluminati isn't real?:ohhh: