X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Movie was fine. Not great, maybe slightly under DOFP. Apocalypse wasn't very impressive, but there's been multiple interpretations of him so I'm not overly disappointed.

Shame about the box office though.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fox don't have the balls to do AoA

Even with this current X-Men they really don't capture the true Xmen social commentary problem like it should.

Them nikkaz just walked in the mall and watched a movie and it was all good? Singer has completely dropped the ball on that aspect of the X-men which is the core of their being.

Lmao word i was thinking they was going to get nightcrawler the hologram thing but nah this nikka just walked out of return of the jediin blue face with the thriller jacket in the 80s like fukk it

I feel terrible for supporting this lazy shyt but it wasnt as bad as the critics say. I just hate that apocalypse was nerfed. Since when does he need fukking xavier to conquer the world?

The last battle was all in the commercials too and pac didnt have any of his ether quotes. This is where i gotta stan disney for having character build ups because trying to introduce 2 many characters and make us care in under 3 hours is too much

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
This shyt was boring as hell, I honestly like BvS better than this shyt. :heh: X-Men fans deserve better..... :martin:

They made Mags a family man... :russ:
His fam gettin murked was so damn predictable...

Storm's horrible accent :snoop:

Apocalypse was creepy as hell is this film, and I don't mean creepy like :demonic: I mean creepy like a damn pedophile, molester :scusthov:

They knew this film was trash when they made it, that's why they had Jean Grey sneak diss it when they were leaving the movies, talmbout the 3rd film is always the worst.:bryan:

And what the fukk did Jubilee even do?? Why was she in the film??:why:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This shyt was boring as hell, I honestly like BvS better than this shyt. :heh: X-Men fans deserve better..... :martin:

They made Mags a family man... :russ:
His fam gettin murked was so damn predictable...

Storm's horrible accent :snoop:

Apocalypse was creepy as hell is this film, and I don't mean creepy like :demonic: I mean creepy like a damn pedophile, molester :scusthov:

They knew this film was trash when they made it, that's why they had Jean Grey sneak diss it when they were leaving the movies, talmbout the 3rd film is always the worst.:bryan:

And what the fukk did Jubilee even do?? Why was she in the film??:why:
Well he was a FAMILY man...they got just the order wrong compared to the comics version. He left the camps barely alive and skinny with Magda, married her, and had a daughter named Anya. She got burned alive in a fire caused by jealous Russians who saw him use his powers when he was wronged out of money. He had no control of his powers at that point unlike the movie version and of course he was already Magneto in the movie too.

Jean was talking about Last Stand....

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fox don't have the balls to do AoA

Even with this current X-Men they really don't capture the true Xmen social commentary problem like it should.

Them nikkaz just walked in the mall and watched a movie and it was all good? Singer has completely dropped the ball on that aspect of the X-men which is the core of their being.

Lmao word i was thinking they was going to get nightcrawler the hologram thing but nah this nikka just walked out of return of the jediin blue face with the thriller jacket in the 80s like fukk it

I feel terrible for supporting this lazy shyt but it wasnt as bad as the critics say. I just hate that apocalypse was nerfed. Since when does he need fukking xavier to conquer the world?

The last battle was all in the commercials too and pac didnt have any of his ether quotes. This is where i gotta stan disney for having character build ups because trying to introduce 2 many characters and make us care in under 3 hours is too much

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Pretty bad at the box office. Think Fox might start pushing Deadpool a lot more into the X-Men universe, especially with Hugh Jackman leaving.
The little smear campaign for this movie on this site and everyone else on the Net..it worked. But will that makes better? Of course not. I have ZERO desire to see fukking Gambit...have not seen Deadpool yet and if Fassbender doesn't come back, I won't be watching any comic films except the next Avengers/Black Panther/Harley's Suicide Squad/Wonder Woman. That will be about it.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Well he was a FAMILY man...they got just the order wrong compared to the comics version. He left the camps barely alive and skinny with Magda, married her, and had a daughter named Anya. She got burned alive in a fire caused by jealous Russians who saw him use his powers when he was wronged out of money. He had no control of his powers at that point unlike the movie version and of course he was already Magneto in the movie too.

Jean was talking about Last Stand....

yeah but we know the Film version isn't a parallel to the comic version. And I knew that Jean meant Last Stand, but dammit that quote could go for XMen: Apocalypse too.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
:ld: Then I will say that outside of Apocalypse's main horsewoman, they didn't use white people? :maany:

Throw me a line here :mjcry:

I can throw you a book

all I saw was some Arab looking people and a lot of white people with tans and like 2 black people

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Damn, it might not even make $600 million. It might end up being the lowest grossing comic book film of the year.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just got back from seeing it. I really liked it. It was a lot better than what the critics rate it. Very entertaining throughout. I really like the new team of Cyclops, Jean, and Nightcrawler. We finally got to see a glimpse of the Phoenix. It was cool to see a fight on the astral plane on the big screen, especially since, a few minutes prior I thought to myself "it would be cool if Psylocke and Jean paired off to fight so that they could fight on the astral plane". Some of the cgi was wonky, but still not as bad some people were saying (the shipyard looked laughibly bad tho). I don't understand the backlash for Storm and Psylocke not having many lines in the film. It never bothered me while watching it, plus they weren't main characters. Secondary and Tertiary characters don't get many lines in general, and they were kinda in-between secondary and tertiary characters. Also Mystique leading the X-Men makes sense for the story this movie told, so I'm not mad at it. I need to see it again to properly rank it, but right now I say it's my 3rd favorite X-film behind Days of Future Past and X2.

As far as the after credits scene
We all know that it points to Mr Sinister, but I also think that it points to X-23 as well since Wolverine's dna was put in the suitcase.

Last edited: