X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's disgusting to see how many people shamelessly bring up the mystical Marvel stan (a myth so elastic and weak it's already slowly being mended into a "Disney stan") in defense of this movie because surely people can't just think this wasn't a good movie because Apocalypse is weak, there's no decent characterization or character development outside of rehashes of every character arc this franchise already did and all of the action falls completely flat. No, they must have an agenda or something because Mickeylluminati secretly governs the world of cinema and affecting the opinions of people worldwide, right? You sad pathetic fukking idiots!

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'd also like to nominate the Ancient Egypt cold-open as the worst cold-open in superhero film history. Somehow worse than seeing the Wayne's die for the 18th time, which was at least shot well.

This opening scene in Apoc looked like the trailer for Gods of Egypt.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I'd also like to nominate the Ancient Egypt cold-open as the worst cold-open in superhero film history. Somehow worse than seeing the Wayne's die for the 18th time, which was at least shot well.

This opening scene in Apoc looked like the trailer for Gods of Egypt.
Yea them white Egyptians took a point off for me. I get tired of Hollywood trying to make this accepted

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's disgusting to see how many people shamelessly bring up the mystical Marvel stan (a myth so elastic and weak it's already slowly being mended into a "Disney stan") in defense of this movie because surely people can't just think this wasn't a good movie because Apocalypse is weak, there's no decent characterization or character development outside of rehashes of every character arc this franchise already did and all of the action falls completely flat. No, they must have an agenda or something because Mickeylluminati secretly governs the world of cinema and affecting the opinions of people worldwide, right? You sad pathetic fukking idiots!
The Magneto scenes damn sure didn't fall short...the reaction to Magneto and Quicksilver were just as big as for every major part of Civil War. Don't get too ridiculous. This movie went against Civil War and another Blockbuster..something Civil War didn't have to contend with. Something Deadpool damn sure didn't have to contend with.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I've seen a lot of cases where someone critiques the movie and then will get hit with the "B-B-B-But Marvel...!" from. They got that inferiority complex.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie is as good a memorial day summer popcorn movie meets a gateway cover graphic novel re-write.
ready made for movie source material as you could possibly get.

Only phoney part is psylocke's amplified psy-knife conviently becoming wonder woman's lasso of truth but never psyionically causing any damage.
Nor used as a psyionic attack against apocalypse.

Other than that it gave a great showing of real xmen team battle strategy and dynamics.
Incredible poignant ode to the source material days of future past re-wrote timeline changes. That even includes why Logan is so enamored with jean/phoenix. The re-establishing of the phoenix as a massive force within the mutant mythos/cinema universe on fox. The chance to finally see xavier's school rebuilt using mutant powers. An ode to the extinction agenda jim lee havoc cover, when striker jays down on the Xavier grounds. The marvel swerve left from the atypical cliche my parent is the final resolution using dc dynamic of batman v supes.

Plus, the continued excellence of Piotr, to singlehandidly steal the entire movie.
Yet the movie still stays at the high quality of the quiksilver moment.
The morphing and Achilles heel telepathy of transforming apocalypse into shadow king. Including, an excellent re-working of storm and the new Gen mixes with the old to explain Xavier being severly crippled again by the shadow king now apocalyspe.
Which also touches on the Xavier mind wipe and the original team that died leading to the international based xmen team that debuted in giant size xmen.
Plus the setup of onslaught, Logan as the berserker, storm, arc angel. Including exactly nailing the pacing and sequence mixed with light hearted outing turned adventures. Including the setup of havoc, sh'iar galaxy, the other summers brother, corsair and the starjammers. So, fox managed to not fukk this up and for a villain like apocalypse that I hate. They made him reasonable and not skeletor in the heman live action movie corny because of loe quality dialogue .

Where did u see the onslaught setup?? U mean him and apoc being mind linked?? I liked the return of phoenix and now that Jlaw contract is up and wolvie on his last stand we can get some of the budget set towards the special effects cause some of the cgi looked ass

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
I really don't understand the hate that the critics were throwing towards this movie. I thought it was enjoyable and added some more motion to the story they've been telling since first class. And although it was random and unnecessary, the Logan cameo did get me hyped for the next Wolverine movie if they let him go all out.

On a side note it seems like everything that does not fall under the Marvel Studios/Disney umbrella gets shade from critics.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Saw it opening night...and liked it. Magneto is :blessed: breh stole the show anytime the cam was on him. Apocalypse was trash :mjlol: Don't like actor that played cyclops...quicksilver and nightcrawler were cool.

7/10

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Not sure if there is a marvel bias, because I like to imagine every critic can't be bribed. But this movie was no where near as bad as the RT score indicated. It was on par or slightly under DOFP...I think it suffered from the release timing and those filtered/unfiltered Entertainment Weekly behind the scenes shots.

The movie is not bad, and if switched a couple plot points it could have been great.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I really don't understand the hate that the critics were throwing towards this movie. I thought it was enjoyable and added some more motion to the story they've been telling since first class. And although it was random and unnecessary, the Logan cameo did get me hyped for the next Wolverine movie if they let him go all out.

On a side note it seems like everything that does not fall under the Marvel Studios/Disney umbrella gets shade from critics.

Deadpool got a 80+ tomato percentage, which was close enough to the audience score and had this for a consensus: Fast, funny, and gleefully profane, the fourth-wall-busting Deadpool subverts superhero film formula with wildly entertaining -- and decidedly non-family-friendly -- results.

Days of Future Past got a 90+ tomato percentage, which was very close to the audience score and had this for a consensus: X-Men: Days of Future Past combines the best elements of the series to produce a satisfyingly fast-paced outing that ranks among the franchise's finest installments.

First Class got a 80+ tomato percentage, which was identical to the audience score and had this for a consensus: With a strong script, stylish direction, and powerful performances from its well-rounded cast, X-Men: First Class is a welcome return to form for the franchise.

And as for as the "Disney umbrella" protecting shade from Critics.

Through The Looking Glass has a 29% tomato percentage and it's about to be the biggest bomb of the summer.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
7-7.5/10. Good, not great. Characterizations were a little better here, tho still some rough spots here and there. Storm actress was actually a lot better than folks lead me to believe tho. Not to say she was great, but she wasn't hardly terrible. She did fine for what she was given, which wasn't much. I'd say she was better than Munn for sure. shyt, probably better than Halle as at least they did alright with making her actually seem as if she was from Africa. Granted, they didn't give Halle much ever either, but comparatively, she didn't massively fail like Halle did.

One of my biggest gripes was that for as grande scale as they made the action sequences and set pieces be, the actual fight action was very sub-par overall and the pacing was just meh. The costumes reveal at the end, wish that could've taken place before the final battle. They sure know how to tease on good shyt but rarely deliver properly on them.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Deadpool got a 80+ tomato percentage, which was close enough to the audience score and had this for a consensus: Fast, funny, and gleefully profane, the fourth-wall-busting Deadpool subverts superhero film formula with wildly entertaining -- and decidedly non-family-friendly -- results.

Days of Future Past got a 90+ tomato percentage, which was very close to the audience score and had this for a consensus: X-Men: Days of Future Past combines the best elements of the series to produce a satisfyingly fast-paced outing that ranks among the franchise's finest installments.

First Class got a 80+ tomato percentage, which was identical to the audience score and had this for a consensus: With a strong script, stylish direction, and powerful performances from its well-rounded cast, X-Men: First Class is a welcome return to form for the franchise.

And as for as the "Disney umbrella" protecting shade from Critics.

Through The Looking Glass has a 29% tomato percentage and it's about to be the biggest bomb of the summer.
good points but alice is not marvel affiliated.

i don't think it's as bad as DC fanboys are trying to make it but there does seem to be a slight bias toward MCU films

i mean does Ant-Man really deserve an 81%?

Last edited: