X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Just got through seeing it.....introduced all the key players, the reasons for why they were all in their spots, comedy lines, everyone laughing at the Quicksilver spots, Xavier making quips about Moira getting laughs....Strong character beats. Of course the theater was engaged in the Magneto story. EVERYONE "Oohed" when his daughter got killed, Mystique got no reaction throughout the packed theater. Apocalypse was done alright..of course u had to wonder what would happen if Magneto got mad at Apocalypse since he was the instrument for Apocalypse achieving victory.

In the end, Jean and Magneto were the key..I knew Magneto would be but didn't think Jean would get that strong a push by the end. Psylocke and Storm had a few spots and did the right thing in the end but that was build for Magneto being the key turning player. So Magneto had the best arc the whole flick to me....

Quicksilver was definitely a scene stealer to the theater I was in. Oh yeah..the little slick easter egg from Singer about how a "part 3" to a flick SUCKS. Some picked up that...I did.

I liked this flick...liked it more than Superman vs Batman and it lived up to the hype.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Just got back from the movie. I liked it but it was underwhelming to say the least. McAvoy and Fassbender delivered as usual, I did not care for Apocalypse's portrayal, that was a very lite version of him and it was just meh.

He went out way to easy for one of the X-Men's most fierce villains. The special effects were incredible, I liked Storm, Jean and Cyclops portrayals. In the span of this trilogy Magneto has done face/heel turns on par with Big Show and Kane :mjlol:

Charles getting Jean to unleash the Phoenix Force was :wow:

I give it a 6 out of 10. Once again Quicksilver stole the show.

He went the same he did in all the shows..lol.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DAYS OF THE FUTURE TRASH

:trash:

Gotta be one of the worst waste of money I've spent in a theatre. Just a dumb fukking mo or that looked low budget as fukk with crappy CGI to match.

Disney marvel should really be the only ones to do this from now on, Sony is horrible

Edit:fox made this garbage... not that that changes how bad this is or the fact that neither fox or Sony should be making these films

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
DAYS OF THE FUTURE TRASH

:trash:

Gotta be one of the worst waste of money I've spent in a theatre. Just a dumb fukking mo or that looked low budget as fukk with crappy CGI to match.

Disney marvel should really be the only ones to do this from now on, Sony is horrible

Xmen is made by Fox....:stopitslime::lolbron:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Good:
Quicksilver was great.
I think a movie of just the Baby X-Men would be cool because I enjoyed the chemistry between Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Jean Grey.

The Bad:
XM:Apocalypse was crammed full of so much stuff that Singer never took the time to let anything breathe. It was just rushing from one scene to another in order to get everyone to the big final fight with Apocalypse.

Apocalypse came off as a common bad and didn't have any of the grandiose stature one would expect from a bad guy of his level.

The Wolverine scene was unnecessary and only served to fill an already bloated movie with more stuff.

Jennifer Lawrence seemed bored as hell in all of her scenes and once he moved past the scenes of Magneto's wife and kid being killed, Fassbender was matching her in terms of uninspired acting performance.

The casual way they just glossed over Prof. X mind raping Moira McTaggart was uncool.

All in all I would give X-MEN: APOCALYPSE a solid C

Completely disagree about Fassbender.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just got through seeing it.....introduced all the key players, the reasons for why they were all in their spots, comedy lines, everyone laughing at the Quicksilver spots, Xavier making quips about Moira getting laughs....Strong character beats. Of course the theater was engaged in the Magneto story. EVERYONE "Oohed" when his daughter got killed, Mystique got no reaction throughout the packed theater. Apocalypse was done alright..of course u had to wonder what would happen if Magneto got mad at Apocalypse since he was the instrument for Apocalypse achieving victory.

In the end, Jean and Magneto were the key..I knew Magneto would be but didn't think Jean would get that strong a push by the end. Psylocke and Storm had a few spots and did the right thing in the end but that was build for Magneto being the key turning player. So Magneto had the best arc the whole flick to me....

Quicksilver was definitely a scene stealer to the theater I was in. Oh yeah..the little slick easter egg from Singer about how a "part 3" to a flick SUCKS. Some picked up that...I did.

I liked this flick...liked it more than Superman vs Batman and it lived up to the hype.

Psylocke never did the right thing far as I remember. Mystique transformed to look like her to slash apocs throat. Psylocke jumped out the plane and landed. Next time we saw her she was staring on as they were giving apoc the beats and walked away.

Daps
Fox don't have the balls to do AoA

Even with this current X-Men they really don't capture the true Xmen social commentary problem like it should.

Them nikkaz just walked in the mall and watched a movie and it was all good? Singer has completely dropped the ball on that aspect of the X-men which is the core of their being.

yeah, I was like :what:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Fox don't have the balls to do AoA

Even with this current X-Men they really don't capture the true Xmen social commentary problem like it should.

Them nikkaz just walked in the mall and watched a movie and it was all good? Singer has completely dropped the ball on that aspect of the X-men which is the core of their being.
They aren't viewed as the threat they were in First Class and DOTFP. Remember, Mystique didn't kill Trask. Magneto was a fugitive but there was probably a much different feeling towards mutants. Hence why they wouldn't make too much of someone like Nightcrawler walking around the mall.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
No he didn't. In the cartoon he either got trapped or just decided to walk away from the fight.

He got punked in the 4 parter story...and they used a time machine to stop the virus in that Cable/Apocalypse story...Rogue held the casket down in X Men Evolution? Wtf:laugh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yea dude moving super fast WHILE everything going slow. If anything dude should be at regular speed at those slow motion scenes. Dude going waaaaaaaay faster than hes sposed to be
It's the movies..it won't match canon..Winter Soldier and Cap beat down Iron Man? Wtf...that was absurd. So they were overpowered in Civil War for that fight..they got Quicksilver fast as Flash? Cool..

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
honestly i came out really liking had a lot of the stuff I love about the x-men and it's definitely Singer's sloppiest film. I think now is a great time for a new vision going forward with the x-men set up in this as the leads (cyclops, jean, nightcrawler, storm, quicksilver, beast) which i felt all were likable