X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Lol at people thinking Fox is happy at making 400-500 million mediocre money just to keep the x-men rights:mjlol:

Sony amazing Spiderman made more money than any other fox x-men film(I think besides deadpool) and still give Marvel back the rights

Keep thinking Fox won't smarted up:heh:
Sony didn't give the rights back. Sony still owns them they're allowing marvel to use them.

2nd,the x men films have been a huge success so keep dreaming.

Sony was in the middle of scandals and the company was floundering losing money everywhere. Fox doesn't have that problem.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Agree with this totally. It's getting pretty :patrice: that if it isn't a Disney jawn, it will get shytted on. Deadpool was so "different" from the norm that they couldn't shyt on saying it was terrible because it clearly wasn't.
Then Disney stans want to turn around and say see see! We liked Deadpool so you're wrong we don't hat everything......yet they won't just be real and acknowledge that they know Disney would NEVER make an R rated Deadpool film. So they know if Disney had the rights their wouldn't even be a Deadpool film

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Wait who was Essex??? My nikka sinister was in the cut?
Last scene has someone with a briefcase saying essex corp
I wonder how his origin comes hope they keep apoc and bring the timeline galactic fukkery. Maybe they can reincarnate apoc sice hea immortal aorta

Or better yet get age of apoc apoc. Clonss. Future

Xmen needs to atep it up a lil

Its the opdest series they gotta be the one that really goes far out into comic
shyt ie skrulls galatic shiar Surfer.

Imagine future age of apoc story with heralds and shyt. With f4 and xmen they gor a real chunk of classic marvel minus really apidey and hulk (ironman is at their level now. Dude used to not be shyt).

Fox has potential to fukk with marvel but they for some reason have no comic visionary heads like marvel got going like dude in other post broughtup

Imaging the watcher talking with apocolypse
On the moon
Skrulls and shiar. Gakatic dudes like surfer and galactus
fukking doctor doom. Magneto. Sinister. Sabretooth

Thats 4 of best villains in comics

They could really makentheir marvel level wing of their comic movies

Last edited:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
People finally waking up to this disgusting Stan base.

Never seen a more toxic Stan base than the Disney stans the last few years

Im going to real blunt here.

Most of the times i see people complaining about Marvel stans, its in response to some cold hard truths that many don't want to face.

Now, will i say there are people out there who take the DC/Marvel/Fox thing too far? Sure, but thats a minority imo.

What i do see happen too often is people who have become fans of the Marvel studios output are automatically lumped into the Marvel stan category, just because of an opposing opinion.

Like, if i say the X-men movies are kinda just there and aren't really event films in the movie landscape, does that make me a stan?
Or just honest, considering both audience response and the monetary investiture of the studio creating the films?

If i say that the bones of the films seem kinda archaic and haphazard in design and production, does that make me a stan again?

Lastly, do you honestly feel these films represent the best of the comic book cinema? Honest questions

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Im going to real blunt here.

Most of the times i see people complaining about Marvel stans, its in response to some cold hard truths that many don't want to face.

Now, will i say there are people out there who take the DC/Marvel/Fox thing too far? Sure, but thats a minority imo.

What i do see happen too often is people who have become fans of the Marvel studios output are automatically lumped into the Marvel stan category, just because of an opposing opinion.

Like, if i say the X-men movies are kinda just there and aren't really event films in the movie landscape, does that make me a stan?
Or just honest, considering both audience response and the monetary investiture of the studio creating the films?

If i say that the bones of the films seem kinda archaic and haphazard in design and production, does that make me a stan again?

Lastly, do you honestly feel these films represent the best of the comic book cinema? Honest questions
I've seen non marvel stans not like the x men films, and I don't address them as such.

But when you have posters crying about giving back the rights to marvel 500 times in a thread while.propping up garbage like the Thor films and iron man 2 and 3 I'm. Going to call a spade a spade.

As for the bold,what audience response? The one where the overwhelming majority of the audience enjoys the films?

DOFP made 700 million+. More than over half the mcu films. Are those Mcu films then not "event" films?

And what does being an event film even matter? They have an audience and have mostly been hits with a couple of duds.

And first class and DOFP are better films than anything marvel has put out. Though marvel hasn't made anything as bad as last stand or wolverines first film

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Last scene has someone with a briefcase saying essex corp
I wonder how his origin comes hope they keep apoc and bring the timeline galactic fukkery. Maybe they can reincarnate apoc sice hea immortal aorta

Or better yet get age of apoc apoc. Clonss. Future

Xmen needs to atep it up a lil

Its the opdest series they gotta be the one that really goes far out into comic
shyt ie skrulls galatic shiar Surfer.

Imagine future age of apoc story with heralds and shyt. With f4 and xmen they gor a real chunk of classic marvel minus really apidey and hulk (ironman is at their level now. Dude used to not be shyt).

Fox has potential to fukk with marvel but they for some reason have no comic visionary heads like marvel got going like dude in other post broughtup

Imaging the watcher talking with apocolypse
On the moon
Skrulls and shiar. Gakatic dudes like surfer and galactus
fukking doctor doom. Magneto. Sinister. Sabretooth

Thats 4 of best villains in comics

They could really makentheir marvel level wing of their comic movies

Fox don't have the balls to do AoA

Even with this current X-Men they really don't capture the true Xmen social commentary problem like it should.

Them nikkaz just walked in the mall and watched a movie and it was all good? Singer has completely dropped the ball on that aspect of the X-men which is the core of their being.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I've seen non marvel stans not like the x men films, and I don't address them as such.

But when you have posters crying about giving back the rights to marvel 500 times in a thread while.propping up garbage like the Thor films and iron man 2 and 3 I'm. Going to call a spade a spade.

As for the bold,what audience response? The one where the overwhelming majority of the audience enjoys the films?

DOFP made 700 million+. More than over half the mcu films. Are those Mcu films then not "event" films?

And what does being an event film even matter? They have an audience and have mostly been hits with a couple of duds.

And first class and DOFP are better films than anything marvel has put out. Though marvel hasn't made anything as bad as last stand or wolverines first film

You know, your right. The give them back to Marvel thing is annoying, but i understand it for the Fantastic Four, at least.

DOFP is the only X-men movie that made so much.
All the others hang around the 400 milli mark, which Marvel mostly leapfrogged back in 2011.
In regards to the X-men franchise, DOFP is just an anomaly in terms of box office.

What i'm saying is that the consumers have spoken.
The viewing public on average doesn't go gaga over Fox's current vision of the X-men.
A sizable portion of the comic reading audience has been dissatisfied since film 1.

Shyts not working breh.

And while i strongly disagree with your blanket statement that DOFP and First Class are better than anything Marvel has put out, you're entitled to your opinion.
And for the record, the only X-men movie that i do truly enjoy is First Class, even though once again, Fox made it plain that they didn't give a care about respecting the source material.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just got back from the movie. I liked it but it was underwhelming to say the least. McAvoy and Fassbender delivered as usual, I did not care for Apocalypse's portrayal, that was a very lite version of him and it was just meh.

He went out way to easy for one of the X-Men's most fierce villains. The special effects were incredible, I liked Storm, Jean and Cyclops portrayals. In the span of this trilogy Magneto has done face/heel turns on par with Big Show and Kane :mjlol:

Charles getting Jean to unleash the Phoenix Force was :wow:

I give it a 6 out of 10. Once again Quicksilver stole the show.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
So Wolverine comes from the future, saves the world, last time you saw him Magneto was rearranging his body with some re-bar and he gets thrown several miles, and you ain't once thought to use Cerebro to look for him in the past 10 years, Xavier? :beli:
Well that would mean the movie wouldn't be about Jennifer Lawrence :troll:

Side note: Olivia Munn is down for an 'X-Force' team-up with Deadpool

Olivia Munn’s a woman of few words but many dangerous moves in X-Men: Apocalypse, which marks the introduction of her telepathic ninja assassin Psylocke into the superpowered X-Men movie universe. She’s also still kind of a mystery, although “that’s just the result of not having a lot to say,” Munn told us, laughing.

Here's the thing: In the comics, Psylocke has been a part of X-Force, a more black-ops-ish mutant squad, with that popular Merc with the Mouth, Deadpool. Seeing as how there’s an X-Force movie in development, Munn says she’d be down for a team-up with her old friend Ryan Reynolds:

“That would be a really cool thing to do. What he did with Deadpool was genius and I’m so excited for him. It would definitely be cool to see Deadpool and some of the other X-Men characters gather for an X-Force movie. I think that’s what the whole world is coming to — everybody unites together, right? It’s never just one character anymore. We all just become one movie.”