X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Ironic Disney having the first bomb of 2016 :wow:

1). X-Men: Apocalypse (FOX)
, 4,150 theaters / $26.3M Fri. (includes $8.2M previews) / 3-day cume: $65M-$66.4M /4-day: $80M-$80.6M Wk 1

2). Alice Through the Looking Glass (Disney)), 3,763 theaters / $9.8M Fri. (includes $1.5M previews) / 3-day cume: $29M-32.5M /4-day: $38M-$42M/Wk 1

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Dumb to release on the same day but I'm seeing alice first. Just haven't yet cause my daughter is sick.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Spend your money on another civil war viewing instead

I will say this.

This movie though agreed isnt better than Cap 3, it is better than BvS. Easily the 3rd possibly 2nd best comic book movie of this year only fluctuating with Deadpool between that 2-3 spot.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Good:
Quicksilver was great.
I think a movie of just the Baby X-Men would be cool because I enjoyed the chemistry between Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Jean Grey.

The Bad:
XM:Apocalypse was crammed full of so much stuff that Singer never took the time to let anything breathe. It was just rushing from one scene to another in order to get everyone to the big final fight with Apocalypse.

Apocalypse came off as a common bad and didn't have any of the grandiose stature one would expect from a bad guy of his level.

The Wolverine scene was unnecessary and only served to fill an already bloated movie with more stuff.

Jennifer Lawrence seemed bored as hell in all of her scenes and once he moved past the scenes of Magneto's wife and kid being killed, Fassbender was matching her in terms of uninspired acting performance.

The casual way they just glossed over Prof. X mind raping Moira McTaggart was uncool.

All in all I would give X-MEN: APOCALYPSE a solid C

BooksnCookies

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MaizenBlue
I thought this would have done better. My theater had people in it but not the #s I was expecting... :/ The movie was straight but definitely not as good as First Class. I had some issues with the play between characters and Apocalypse but whatev...I don't want to spoil it for anyone. The movie was just average...very average.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
just thought about something in Quicksilver's scenes in both movies, as quick as he moves shouldn't the songs he was listening to on his walkman should have been playing like a D.J. Screw tape and he should have only gotten thru 2 to maybe 5 seconds of each song!

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
just thought about something in Quicksilver's scenes in both movies, as quick as he moves shouldn't the songs he was listening to on his walkman should have been playing like a D.J. Screw tape and he should have only gotten thru 2 to maybe 5 seconds of each song!
Yea dude moving super fast WHILE everything going slow. If anything dude should be at regular speed at those slow motion scenes. Dude going waaaaaaaay faster than hes sposed to be

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
That doesn't make sense though. I mean im not a avid comic book reader. But as far as I know X-23 origins have nothing to do with Weapon X. She's just a clone.
Mr sinister makes clones. He picked up wolverines blood AT weapon x facility. X23 is a wolverine clone. Singer said a good replacement for wolvie would be x23. What doesnt make sense?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Hmm it was ok, I was wondering why @Art Barr changed his tune

If you are a fan of the comics it's definitely painful to watch, the pushing of the Lawrence/mystique character is just horrible, the way they stray from the comics just makes you sick sometimes

As a black person the white washing of ancient Egypt is just disgusting, they actually had a blond chick in ancient Egypt :snoop::mindblown::childplease:

Apocalypse should have been black, needless to say

But

If you have never heard of the Xmen it's not the worst movie, it's ok, it's a solid C as was said, if you are in your teens it may rate even higher, it's way better than the previews made it seem

I have to disagree with people complaining saying about the screen time and speaking parts for storm, jubilee and psylocke, I think it was adequate for the story

I would rate it a little higher than bvs, but it's not better than civil war, marvel's character development and plot consistency is so much better

But bottom line, it's an ok movie

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Mr sinister makes clones. He picked up wolverines blood AT weapon x facility. X23 is a wolverine clone. Singer said a good replacement for wolvie would be x23. What doesnt make sense?

Maybe I'm reading into the post credit scene too much.

Spoilers

But what happened is the lab dude took a vile that was clearly named "Weapon-X" And put it in a suitcase with other viles we can only assume are more Weapon X containers

What im saying is X-23 has nothing do with Weapon-X. She's just a straight up clone. If the vile didn't clearly say Weapon-X I would be with you. But it did. Now unless they just gonna straight up change X-23 origins(Which is very possible) She has nothing to do with this. (And wasn't it already said X-23 is being planned for X-force?)

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
Maybe I'm reading into the post credit scene too much.

Spoilers

But what happened is the lab dude took a vile that was clearly named "Weapon-X" And put it in a suitcase with other viles we can only assume are more Weapon X containers

What im saying is X-23 has nothing do with Weapon-X. She's just a straight up clone. If the vile didn't clearly say Weapon-X I would be with you. But it did. Now unless they just gonna straight up change X-23 origins(Which is very possible) She has nothing to do with this. (And wasn't it already said X-23 is being planned for X-force?)
Wolverine IS weapon x ie thats HIS codename. Weapon ten

The project is actually called Weapon Plus. Just like cap america is technical weapon 1