X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying I want a new voice because I dislike him or his movies at all. Quite the opposite. But he's been at the helm of this thing for 16 years. That's a LONG time to tell one story and it helps to have a new vision. If Stan Lee wrote x men forever, we never would've gotten to Claremont

I'm not saying you were:whoa:

But that was my idea, the x men universe is too big for one director and the best movie imo has been by someone not singer. Homie might be better served as a head rather than just a director at this point.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

All these comic book movies especially xmen before the marvel universe came were done COMPLETELY wrong since inception. Goofball studio execs thinking they were smart and changing the mythos and direction of a property for film.
That was already wrote to be instantly ported to film.
So, this was fukked since inception.
Plus should have stuck to the source material cause we already saw with lotr.
the results when you stick faithfully to the spirit and pulse of a property's source material.

So, from jump heads should have rolled at fox and Sony for spidey and xmen.

Yet they did not because at the time execs were high five'n themselves erroneously for an errant revenue grab.
Reducing in legacy a property that has been uninterrupted in print since the sixties.
Into a worthless short term revenue grab.
That when compared to a real box office of a real comic book property was exposed and should be and should have been exposed.
I am just glad at least marvel/disney is proving ignorant execs wrong and I hope those execs get exposed and run out of fukk'n tken for fukkin it all up.

Like real talk,...xmen has six movies and should have made a billion a piece judged off what the draw and quality of content this property is.
Especially the content it tackles as far as equality.
Yet none of those particulars are present and why this franchise won't ever draw a billion.
As it was not done well enough to draw a billion a flick and all the principals were there to draw a billion.
If you told me in 96 avengers in the future would out draw xmen.
I would have laughed in your face.
Fast forward to mismanagement by fox and marvel is laughing in fox's face and the okay then you got it head nod in defiance marvel gave sony and fox is still justified that marvel gave those clown companies when they sold them, too.

Marvel got to lol in the distance like a wack eighties cartoon villain.
While actually being the villain who won, domestically.
When that typically never happens.

So it is a lot of interesting dialogue points in this entire discussion to shed light upon.

Art Barr

What your showing Marvel Studios props for Singer ain't doing brotha man. These guys continue to wear straight black shyt with no color in them barring the ending scene. And
The Phoenix force is apparently coming from Jean again despite it being one of the most powerful entities in space. The X-men haven't even made it to space yet lol. Honestly I'd rather someone else bring in some new energy for Xmen. Singer has been involved for almost 2 decades now it's time for a new director and team. One thing I'll give props to Marvel and DC is there are different directors with their movies to bring in different flavor. You can of course argue with writing, acting, and casting but just different ideas throughout is something I like.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What your showing Marvel Studios props for Singer ain't doing brotha man. These guys continue to wear straight black shyt with no color in them barring the ending scene. And
The Phoenix force is apparently coming from Jean again despite it being one of the most powerful entities in space. The X-men haven't even made it to space yet lol. Honestly I'd rather someone else bring in some new energy for Xmen. Singer has been involved for almost 2 decades now it's time for a new director and team. One thing I'll give props to Marvel and DC is there are different directors with their movies to bring in different flavor. You can of course argue with writing, acting, and casting but just different ideas throughout is something I like.
on that phoenix force reveal, that shyt was sooo forced jean is a strong enough character without the need to introduce that smh

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Xmen is marvel nikka,...what are you saying.
You are saying in a round about way why xmen is fukked on film to begin with.
You are the same type of exec saying of change their outfits, mix the team up make wolvie the focal point so it is not like the source material.
You are the reason why film execs pull the bullshyt they do.
All because you don't know what it is you asking for and then when you get what you politic for then you mad.
When, with this shyt you just port the damn comic source material simple like lord of the rings damn near, simple as that.

Y'all and all this just like marvel shyt is why fantastic four exists in two film incarnations that suck. Xmen and Spiderman movies suck and avengers sticking to their bad low quality era source material is lol to the bank.

Stick to the source material and make a billion.
Deviate and fail,...simple as that.

Imo, singer set this shut up to give us the space odyssey and phoenix saga in the next trilogy hopefully.
Where we finally close out corsair, the summer boys, phoenix, shiar technology explanation, and the port of the greatest comic book story ever made.
Including a possible wolvie versus deathbirr fight and what appears to be wolvie killing a newly healed walking professor Xavier flanked by his galatic space bytch.
So, just give me the books to the source material and make a billion and be done with it.

Instead fox gon think they smart and fukk it all up again.
if singer is removed from this franchise.

Art Barr
You know I mean MCU.

As for the box office they're only fukked if the goal is to make IM3/Avengers money. People are forgetting that Dofp box office was comparable to Winter Soldier. We'll see what Apocalypse does but anything above $500M should be good

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No,...
You don't remove jimmy Johnson for Barry Switzer.
You don't not resign mike , Phil, Dennis and Scottie.
YOU don't let singer go and replace him with rattner.

We already seen dumb shyt like that in our Gen not work.
Sorry keep the shyt how it works!
given the fukkery they institute and instill in their admin process.
Otherwise it will all fukk up,..AGAIN.

Sorry but I will out heads on a pike if they continue to desecrate my child hood.

Art Barr

Whereas I don't see it as desecrating my childhood. And you're older than me homie, your childhood has got to be in black and white photos by this point

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Don't see and argument why it wouldn't

Spidey and Guardians will too.

If WB markets the movie as a "fun" and "entertaining" and WW/SS are hits then I doubt it. You got people who like the new Batman/WW and those who want to see what Flash, Aquaman, & Cyborg are about. Also Spiderman and Thor are going to take a hit because of the blockbusters their releases are around. At least GOTG 2 has 2 or 3 weeks until Fast 8 crushes buildings.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'd let Joss Whedon do an X-Men film. He seems real eager to take on the property

They would force him out like they did on avengers and act like he never set this shyt up.
So, we would get one hopeful project.
till they run him off like Sony did to Sam raimi.
Kevin smith falls into won't use him category cause he was on the superman film they never made with Tim Burton.

Art Barr

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'll have to reserve judgement on this movie after a second viewing...

I disliked almost everything about the film...but the reason I disliked it was I kept telling myself "civil war did this better"

So I'll have to wait until I'm not comparing it to another film to give an honest review of it...

Apoc was borderline whack the whole movie...

And that hurts cause I am a Apoc and Oscar stan...

I feel like he is going to go down with General Zod and Ultron as the most wasted villians in comic book history...

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
not really imo, ok maybe not 750 m's but dude is a popular character now.

Deadpool like Harley Quinn, has always had a huge cult following so his success isn't that unbelievable honestly. Ryan embodied that role and the simple plot along with the genius marketing brought in the casual fans.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deadpool like Harley Quinn, has always had a huge cult following so his success isn't that unbelievable honestly. Ryan embodied that role and the simple plot along with the genius marketing brought in the casual fans.

Yup, I remember seeing the first avengers movie and a couple people had deadpool tee's on:pachaha:fox really understated his popularity.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
That won't work if singer is removed because he was hired as the only skilled passion based director to tackle this.
There is no one who cares about the content of the xmen except singer who they will use.
There is no one else real talk who would care for this franchise and be able ti mix the revenue grab semantics.

Singer is excellent at finding some common medium in this franchise.
Slighting him is out of order.
He is why this shyt is entertaining and the only quality you can squeeze from this franchise is because he exclusively saw to it being administered.
Whereas anyone else would epicly fail with fox as the film house principal.

Art Barr

I'll be real with you here Art.

I don't feel this at all.

He was there from day 1, leaving only on the third so he could do Superman Returns.

Singer has said in interviews from way back in the beginning that he didn't have any familiarity with the X-men. And he chose to make Wolverine the eyes of the audience because he himself was an outsider to the X-men thing back in X1.

The only thing Singer gets about the X-men, is the outcast minority theme, which makes sense since he's a homo himself.
Everything else is distasteful to him, which explains why it Deadpool is the first X-verse flick to have a character rock anything like their natural costume.

From day 1, Singer has always created these movies as if he were ashamed of the source material.
Hence the silly black leather outfits and the wtf characterizations.....(Sabertooth in the first one might've been mentally challenged breh, forreal)

It's 2016, and Singer ain't it anymore.(And for me, he never was it)
New blood is needed badly for this property.

Someone who grew up reading the comics, and dreaming about making them come alive on screen. Singer ain't that guy, he's too ashamed of still making comic book movies.

And to whoever said Singer should play the role of Feige for Fox? Nope.
Feige is something like an encyclopedia for Marvel history and lore, whereas Singer didn't read comics at all.
Feige takes the knowing of the Marvel universe, and combines it with an overarching narrative story that can draw in the seasoned readers, and those who've never picked up a comic in their lives.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yup, I remember seeing the first avengers movie and a couple people had deadpool tee's on:pachaha:fox really understated his popularity.
Bruh everytime I went to ComicCon it was comedy to see the legion of Deadpools every year. And every damn year they got bigger, 15, 30, :ohhh:my face when I saw them one after another passing by cursing out my boy dressed as Miles Morales Spider-Man :mjlol:I was dying. "fukk YUUU SPIDER-MAN!!!!" I saw a random Spider-Man and a Deathstroke in there :dead:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'll be real with you here Art.

I don't feel this at all.

He was there from day 1, leaving only on the third so he could do Superman Returns.

Singer has said in interviews from way back in the beginning that he didn't have any familiarity with the X-men. And he chose to make Wolverine the eyes of the audience because he himself was an outsider to the X-men thing back in X1.

The only thing Singer gets about the X-men, is the outcast minority theme, which makes sense since he's a homo himself.
Everything else is distasteful to him, which explains why it Deadpool is the first X-verse flick to have a character rock anything like their natural costume.

From day 1, Singer has always created these movies as if he were ashamed of the source material.
Hence the silly black leather outfits and the wtf characterizations.....(Sabertooth in the first one might've been mentally challenged breh, forreal)

It's 2016, and Singer ain't it anymore.(And for me, he never was it)
New blood is needed badly for this property.

Someone who grew up reading the comics, and dreaming about making them come alive on screen. Singer ain't that guy, he's too ashamed of still making comic book movies.

And to whoever said Singer should play the role of Feige for Fox? Nope.
Feige is something like an encyclopedia for Marvel history and lore, whereas Singer didn't read comics at all.
Feige takes the knowing of the Marvel universe, and combines it with an overarching narrative story that can draw in the seasoned readers, and those who've never picked up a comic in their lives.

I know that but since he saw what occurred with supes and this property after rebooting.
He is the only guy who can administratively fit into what fox is about.
While giving out some semblance of quality or nod to the source material.
Anyone else I look at not being able to administratively will their scope, quality, or agenda into the property.
While filling some healthy medium and compromise to what execs think can create a blockbuster draw.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Deadpool and cable are the reason why people will always make rob liefeld more important than he thinks he is.

Deadpool and cable have been huge blockbuster fan draws for at least twenty years now.
Oddly, fox missteps with wolvie is how they happened upon deadpool.
If not for that we probably won't get a real deadpool movie like we got.

Art Barr

Last edited: