X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These reviews got me like :patrice:

Is this the kind of x men film where if I've never heard/seen the x men before, then I'll enjoy it?:patrice:

Just saw it....

Man this film got me real :patrice:

It was def not bad but there's just a lot of shyt I'm not feeling and I guess I gotta give up and realize they're just going to do things there way at fox.:patrice:

I'm saying its good but man, but man this one's got some shyt I don't like:patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nobody else will do this franchise justice with fox there but singer.
He should always do these movies now he has the franchise back in his sweetspot content wise.
when he went off to do superman erroneously.
You can not trust anyone with the xmen on fox but singer.
As he mixes all the agendas from revenue grab, to his own obsession and the actual content and feel of the xmen all in on compromising medium to big wigs.

So, no...singer is the only guy for the job while on fox.

Art Barr

Yeah I still want new blood

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
If Deadpool can get over 750M at the BO without major international markets then I believe X-Men can hit a billion. They just need to stop doing period pieces, DC/MCU are doing present day stories and these nikkas are stuck in the 70s/80s/90s. It makes the film feel dated if that makes any sense. Like i've said before, it should've been rebooted after First Class

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The point is x-men could have been made over 1 billion which they haven't yet.

All these comic book movies especially xmen before the marvel universe came were done COMPLETELY wrong since inception. Goofball studio execs thinking they were smart and changing the mythos and direction of a property for film.
That was already wrote to be instantly ported to film.
So, this was fukked since inception.
Plus should have stuck to the source material cause we already saw with lotr.
the results when you stick faithfully to the spirit and pulse of a property's source material.

So, from jump heads should have rolled at fox and Sony for spidey and xmen.

Yet they did not because at the time execs were high five'n themselves erroneously for an errant revenue grab.
Reducing in legacy a property that has been uninterrupted in print since the sixties.
Into a worthless short term revenue grab.
That when compared to a real box office of a real comic book property was exposed and should be and should have been exposed.
I am just glad at least marvel/disney is proving ignorant execs wrong and I hope those execs get exposed and run out of fukk'n tken for fukkin it all up.

Like real talk,...xmen has six movies and should have made a billion a piece judged off what the draw and quality of content this property is.
Especially the content it tackles as far as equality.
Yet none of those particulars are present and why this franchise won't ever draw a billion.
As it was not done well enough to draw a billion a flick and all the principals were there to draw a billion.
If you told me in 96 avengers in the future would out draw xmen.
I would have laughed in your face.
Fast forward to mismanagement by fox and marvel is laughing in fox's face and the okay then you got it head nod in defiance marvel gave sony and fox is still justified that marvel gave those clown companies when they sold them, too.

Marvel got to lol in the distance like a wack eighties cartoon villain.
While actually being the villain who won, domestically.
When that typically never happens.

So it is a lot of interesting dialogue points in this entire discussion to shed light upon.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah I still want new blood

So you of all people have to sit back through another trilogy of movies to fix it all again,...
You don't want that,...you just talkin.

When it happens you gon be the first yelling for somebody head to be staked upon a pike.

Then I will blame you just like the age of apocalypse readership and direction guard for fukkin up xmen.

along with all the other principals who fukked this franchise up.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If Deadpool can get over 750M at the BO without major international markets then I believe X-Men can hit a billion. They just need to stop doing period pieces, DC/MCU are doing present day stories and these nikkas are stuck in the 70s/80s/90s. It makes the film feel dated if that makes any sense. Like i've said before, it should've been rebooted after First Class

Dofp was apart of the reboot trilogy,....
I don't get you dudes gripes,...
They given y'all what y'all asked for.

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So you of all people have to sit back through another trilogy of movies to fix it all again,...
You don't want that,...you just talkin.

When it happens you gon be the first yelling for somebody head to be staked upon a pike.

Then I will blame you just like the age of apocalypse readership and direction guard for fukkin up xmen.

along with all the other principals who fukked this franchise up.

Art Barr

That's not me who yells for peoples heads on pikes breh lol. What I'm saying, is that I feel like the franchise at this point needs someone else to helm it. That's it. Voices get stale just like on pro ball teams. Sometimes you need to switch it up for a different vision

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
pedo singer is better off as a producer head/kevin feige type if he's that valuable, but dude has ran his course as a director

I'm not saying I want a new voice because I dislike him or his movies at all. Quite the opposite. But he's been at the helm of this thing for 16 years. That's a LONG time to tell one story and it helps to have a new vision. If Stan Lee wrote x men forever, we never would've gotten to Claremont

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Deadpool was an anomaly imo

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I mean I guess. But eventually they're gonna have to come to grips that it just ain't gonna happen. If you try to be like Marvel the game gets over saturated then everyone loses

Xmen is marvel nikka,...what are you saying.
You are saying in a round about way why xmen is fukked on film to begin with.
You are the same type of exec saying of change their outfits, mix the team up make wolvie the focal point so it is not like the source material.
You are the reason why film execs pull the bullshyt they do.
All because you don't know what it is you asking for and then when you get what you politic for then you mad.
When, with this shyt you just port the damn comic source material simple like lord of the rings damn near, simple as that.

Y'all and all this just like marvel shyt is why fantastic four exists in two film incarnations that suck. Xmen and Spiderman movies suck and avengers sticking to their bad low quality era source material is lol to the bank.

Stick to the source material and make a billion.
Deviate and fail,...simple as that.

Imo, singer set this shut up to give us the space odyssey and phoenix saga in the next trilogy hopefully.
Where we finally close out corsair, the summer boys, phoenix, shiar technology explanation, and the port of the greatest comic book story ever made.
Including a possible wolvie versus deathbirr fight and what appears to be wolvie killing a newly healed walking professor Xavier flanked by his galatic space bytch.
So, just give me the books to the source material and make a billion and be done with it.

Instead fox gon think they smart and fukk it all up again.
if singer is removed from this franchise.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That's not me who yells for peoples heads on pikes breh lol. What I'm saying, is that I feel like the franchise at this point needs someone else to helm it. That's it. Voices get stale just like on pro ball teams. Sometimes you need to switch it up for a different vision

No,...
You don't remove jimmy Johnson for Barry Switzer.
You don't not resign mike , Phil, Dennis and Scottie.
YOU don't let singer go and replace him with rattner.

We already seen dumb shyt like that in our Gen not work.
Sorry keep the shyt how it works!
given the fukkery they institute and instill in their admin process.
Otherwise it will all fukk up,..AGAIN.

Sorry but I will put heads on a pike if they continue to desecrate my child hood.
They don't have shyt left that is any good and real talk,..this new Gen ain't imaginative and have not read or even played outside enough to trust them to make some new shyt to like ever.
So, our Gen has to keep the quality marker to our shyt intact.
Or there will be no quality left to entertain anyone.

If they continue at this rate exasperating quality franchises and making bullshyt.
We won't be left with anything.

Art Barr

Last edited: