Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
7.5-8/10. If I had to rank comic movies this year, it would be

Deadpool, Civil War, XM:A, and BvS

Deadpool - 9
CW - 8.5
BvS - 7.5

So somewhere in between Civil War and BvS, there was some sketchy cgi, but I was very entertained by this jawn. Definitely enjoyed it. Oscar played the role well, but I do wish they could have gotten a bigger actor in stature to play Poc. Storm wasn't nearly as bad. Ole girl did a decent job to me. Quicksilver stole the show AGAIN.

Def recommend seeing it.

Actually the actor who played apocalypse should have been the black exec from selfie.
Who currently plays martian the manhunter on super girl.
Yet white gay America likes to act like Egypt was always gay and white.
So, of course the Egyptian based villain would be the white guy gay America is in love with.
Along with that villain being blue like the lesbian gay transexxual msytique.
I mean it is no mystery why certain things except in a movie made by a gay pedo.
Xmen is just as much a comic book movie as well as a gay innuendo fox preys upon who brings in revenue piece.
Similar to how fox used black America and black comedian content to ramp up and revenue grab to become a player with the NFL.
So, xmen js all a part of fox preying on and revenue grabbing certain groups who a profit can currently be made off of by appeasing with content to their respective contingents liking.

Art Barr

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I'm not really satisfied with the movie at all. Too much Mystique, little to no character depth, Apoc had a wack ass voice, and waste of Jubilee. If I had to rank all the films here's how they would fall:

X2
First Class
X-Men
DOFP
XMEN APOC
Last Stand

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Yeah and Fox just like WB need to just get over the fact that they're not going to do Marvel numbers. 500-800M is a good number.

But I thought this did 103 international first weekend? That would be a floor of 500M wouldn't it?

I mean, you're definitely not wrong, but i imagine thats not how investors would look at it.

If your rival has a product thats breaking records, and you've got a similar product thats doing ho-hum, that ish is being addressed in meetings.
They probably don't care about X-men/Marvel/DC in particular, but they want to know why their money isn't growing the way Disney investors money is growing.

I mean, if i was a major shareholder i'd be the same way.

Fix this ish Fox!

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I don't think Fox will go to a deal with Marvel the way Sony did, but i do think they're going to look at the drastic growth of the MCU turnout, and then try to bring X-men to the next level.

I mean, lets be real.
This franchise has never tasted the highs that the Marvel films have.
Most of the flicks are in the MCU phase 1 tier, box office wise.

Meanwhile, Captain America joins the billionaire boys club, and X-men: Apoc is projected to bring in 500 million WW. They can't be happy with mediocre returns, while the competition just gets bigger and better.

I do think that Singer is done, and Fox'll work to turn the X-men franchise into something better landing in the mainstream.
Plus Marvel and Fox hatred towards one another seem to die down a little bit since they both agreed on deal for a x-men TV show on Fox.

And like you said, making 500 million ww on average ain't cutting now when comic book movies less popular than x-men making 1billion at the box office.

X-men could make over billion dollars with the right people, I don't think Fox wanna miss out on making billions just to spite Marvel.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Really liked this. Definitely slim on some character stuff but overall it's a good flick. I'll get more in depth later. The wolverine scene is dope the costumes at the end are cool and apocalypse was very dope as a villain. Also, Fassbender continues to kill everything

I'd give it a solid 8/10. I definitely feel like singer should give up the reins tho just to get a different voice

Nobody else will do this franchise justice with fox there but singer.
He should always do these movies now he has the franchise back in his sweetspot content wise.
when he went off to do superman erroneously.
You can not trust anyone with the xmen on fox but singer.
As he mixes all the agendas from revenue grab, to his own obsession and the actual content and feel of the xmen all in on compromising medium to big wigs.

So, no...singer is the only guy for the job while on fox.

Art Barr

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Plus Marvel and Fox hatred towards one another seem to die down a little bit since they both agreed on deal for a x-men TV show on Fox.

And like you said, making 500 million ww on average ain't cutting now when comic book movies less popular than x-men making 1billion at the box office.

X-men could make over billion dollars with the right people, I don't think Fox wanna miss out on making billions just to spite Marvel.
Popularity of characters doesn't matter

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew

I mostly agree but for one thing. I can't imagine a world where the X-men franchise is on the level of a billion per film.

I just don't see it.

It's an also ran type of franchise, and unless the treatment from Fox studios changes, that won't ever be fixed. The most expensive X-men film ever was around 210 million to produce.

That's not even the latest one either. Foxx won't put the money into this property, and it shows. The cgi looks bad and the sets are tiny imo.

That doesn't even take into account the mainstream mindshare these films hold.

2016 for most people i know, was all about Dawn of Justice, Civil War and Rogue One, in terms of blockbusters.
I honestly forgot Apocalypse was even coming out this year.

Think of the Film Room towards the end of last year.

"Dawn of Justice bout to show the MCU what real heroes look like!!

Civil War about to shield slam the DCCU!"

Apocalypse was an afterthought at best.

The viewing public reflects that same sentiment towards the franchise.
Too many subpar movies, has killed the goodwill imo.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I have never liked the X-men films at all, except for First Class. I don't like Wolverine, and was always more of a Cyclops fan, though i know thats not the popular thing to be.
So from day 1, back in 1999, Fox hasn't done right by the X-men property.
Outside of Wolverine and Magneto, they've never truly cared about any of the other characters in the X-men saga, until Xavier got added to the pair and it became a trio in First Class.
The characters have nothing of their comic personalities, motivations or shortcomings.
They're glorified cameos, useful only for their powers and as a nod to longtime fans as if to say "Guess who this guy/girl is!"
Thats why you can have Havoc in a sixties era X-men movie, or a Cyclops in Xmen Origins who does nothing.
Thats why you've got heroes being villains and mostly being mute, or just not there at all for anything besides cool power displays.
Think of the fights in these movies. Its just big showup, and then every hero picks a villain and they tussle.
No teamwork, no strategies, just boredom.

None of these movies make a lick of sense continuity wise, or characterwise, and thats why X-men Apocalypse is so blah to me.

That was ok between 1999 and 2006, but the comic book genre has grown and matured drastically since then.

Everybody doesn't have to like what Marvel is doing, but the product they're putting out these days is head and shoulders above what Fox is doing imo.
And i honestly feel secure in saying that the reviews and probably the turnout will bear that truth out.

What has been said by real fans of the xmen who care since the beginning.
Which is why we are where we are,....

Art Barr

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I mean, you're definitely not wrong, but i imagine thats not how investors would look at it.

If your rival has a product thats breaking records, and you've got a similar product thats doing ho-hum, that ish is being addressed in meetings.
They probably don't care about X-men/Marvel/DC in particular, but they want to know why their money isn't growing the way Disney investors money is growing.

I mean, if i was a major shareholder i'd be the same way.

Fix this ish Fox!
I mean I guess. But eventually they're gonna have to come to grips that it just ain't gonna happen. If you try to be like Marvel the game gets over saturated then everyone loses

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't think Fox will go to a deal with Marvel the way Sony did, but i do think they're going to look at the drastic growth of the MCU turnout, and then try to bring X-men to the next level.

I mean, lets be real.
This franchise has never tasted the highs that the Marvel films have.
Most of the flicks are in the MCU phase 1 tier, box office wise.

Meanwhile, Captain America joins the billionaire boys club, and X-men: Apoc is projected to bring in 500 million WW. They can't be happy with mediocre returns, while the competition just gets bigger and better.

I do think that Singer is done, and Fox'll work to turn the X-men franchise into something better landing in the mainstream.

That won't work if singer is removed because he was hired as the only skilled passion based director to tackle this.
There is no one who cares about the content of the xmen except singer who they will use.
There is no one else real talk who would care for this franchise and be able ti mix the revenue grab semantics.

Singer is excellent at finding some common medium in this franchise.
Slighting him is out of order.
He is why this shyt is entertaining and the only quality you can squeeze from this franchise is because he exclusively saw to it being administered.
Whereas anyone else would epicly fail with fox as the film house principal.

Art Barr

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Olivia munn was looking right in the movie :steviej:

Really liked the movie not like I had high expectations with any of the xmen movies but I do enjoy them

Nice way to cap off the trilogy

Magneto shyt was downright :mjcry: :to: :sadbron:
Don't even blame him

Funny how he got off like that after all the shyt he did tho :russ:

7.5/10

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The point is x-men could have been made over 1 billion which they haven't yet.
They could've before Avengers 1 now it's too late. In terms of box office Everyone has to get behind the MCU until everyone reboots.

Thor 3 going to out gross Justice League next November

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I mostly agree but for one thing. I can't imagine a world where the X-men franchise is on the level of a billion per film.

I just don't see it.

It's an also ran type of franchise, and unless the treatment from Fox studios changes, that won't ever be fixed. The most expensive X-men film ever was around 210 million to produce.

That's not even the latest one either. Foxx won't put the money into this property, and it shows. The cgi looks bad and the sets are tiny imo.

That doesn't even take into account the mainstream mindshare these films hold.

2016 for most people i know, was all about Dawn of Justice, Civil War and Rogue One, in terms of blockbusters.
I honestly forgot Apocalypse was even coming out this year.

Think of the Film Room towards the end of last year.

"Dawn of Justice bout to show the MCU what real heroes look like!!

Civil War about to shield slam the DCCU!"

Apocalypse was an afterthought at best.

The viewing public reflects that same sentiment towards the franchise.
Too many subpar movies, has killed the goodwill imo.
And adding to the fact that in past few years Marvel has sabotage they're own x-men comics and anything x-men related in other medias(besides movies) just to spite Fox.

But relations between the two seems to got better