X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These reviews got me like :patrice:

Is this the kind of x men film where if I've never heard/seen the x men before, then I'll enjoy it?:patrice:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I disagree on the mark about Jennifer. I actually feel like mystique was used the right amount. Where it fell flat for me was losing sight of the Charles and Eric dynamic in favor of apocalypse. That's been the crux of this trilogy and to ignore that in this one felt like like a bad move. But I also liked the new mutants and felt like each of them was well served minus storm but she was a "bad guy" for most of the movie.

I felt like quicksilver was the best part of the movie but his emotional journey felt like it wasn't finished. He stated what his goal was and then he didn't even fulfill it. Felt bad to me and like pudding out just because.

Like I said, 8/10. Could've been better but the character stuff was underserved. The action was on point but he went overboard on the CG. I love all the stuff in Cairo, love the wolverine stuff, love the stuff with Jean and cyclops especially since they gave cyclops his balls back.

I mean it looks like we both enjoyed the same things with the exception of Jennifer and Quicksilver. Tell me this, were you ever reminded of Katniss while you were watching Mystique? Maybe I'm stuck on the way Rebecca Romijn played her, but I don't remember Mystique being this earnest, empathetic, or kind. I like her cunning, bitter, and devious.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean it looks like we both enjoyed the same things with the exception of Jennifer and Quicksilver. Tell me this, were you ever reminded of Katniss while you were watching Mystique? Maybe I'm stuck on the way Rebecca Romijn played her, but I don't remember Mystique being this earnest, empathetic, or kind. I like her cunning, bitter, and devious.

Nah not at all. I like what she's done with mystique. If anything there's a difference in how she's played her compared to how she played katniss in the last two hunger games movies. The one thing they have in common is this reluctant savior thing but she's much more forceful and angry than katniss.

She can't play her the way Rebecca did because they're coming from different emotional places. That mystique didn't grow up with Charles as her big brother this one did. That mystique saw magneto as the end all be all for a long time, this one had that illusion wiped away early on. That one was never the symbol of a revolution this one is

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Nah not at all. I like what she's done with mystique. If anything there's a difference in how she's played her compared to how she played katniss in the last two hunger games movies. The one thing they have in common is this reluctant savior thing but she's much more forceful and angry than katniss.

She can't play her the way Rebecca did because they're coming from different emotional places. That mystique didn't grow up with Charles as her big brother this one did. That mystique saw magneto as the end all be all for a long time, this one had that illusion wiped away early on. That one was never the symbol of a revolution this one is

OK, fair point, but it also reinforces the feeling I had while watching this movie that the decision to make Mystique a symbol of a revolution was a direct result of the success of the Hunger Games. That's exactly what Katniss becomes in the series. It didn't help that she wasn't blue for most of the movie either. But yeah, different strokes, I'm not hating on Jennifer, I really like her, but I couldn't stop thinking about Katniss while watching her Mystique.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
OK, fair point, but it also reinforces the feeling I had while watching this movie that the decision to make Mystique a symbol of a revolution was a direct result of the success of the Hunger Games. That's exactly what Katniss becomes in the series. It didn't help that she wasn't blue for most of the movie either. But yeah, different strokes, I'm not hating on Jennifer, I really like her, but I couldn't stop thinking about Katniss while watching her Mystique.

It could be a direct result of that but it's also logical storytelling. She was the one who saved the president in the days of future past so she would be this symbol of hope and change as the one who made it okay for Homosapiens and Homosuperior to live in some kind of harmony. And while it was also a crutch to not have her blue, there was an in-character reason for it as well as she didn't want to be a poster or defined by that so she'd rather be Raven than Mystique. Not saying you're wrong as far as the behind the scenes reasoning for the decisions but they also made since in story

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
7.5-8/10. If I had to rank comic movies this year, it would be

Deadpool, Civil War, XM:A, and BvS

Deadpool - 9
CW - 8.5
BvS - 7.5

So somewhere in between Civil War and BvS, there was some sketchy cgi, but I was very entertained by this jawn. Definitely enjoyed it. Oscar played the role well, but I do wish they could have gotten a bigger actor in stature to play Poc. Storm wasn't nearly as bad. Ole girl did a decent job to me. Quicksilver stole the show AGAIN.

Def recommend seeing it.
Already copped tix for tomorrow. :salute:

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
There were some really good things they did with this movie (Magneto drawing power from the bottom of the earth, Magneto's family story and his daughters mutant powers, Cyclops development, Jean's development (the character not that dreadful actor :scust:)

But it just seems through the 4 movies that he has directed, Singer really knows how to tell Magneto/Charles/Logan's story and thats it! He does not have the capacity to really get into anybody elses story and thats why some brehs are just like :russell: at this shyt because it's all a been there, done that experience for them. It's a damn shame that this is the most in depth that they have gone with Cyclops character and it's his fourth fukkin appearance in an X-Men film! :mindblown:

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
Look key this movie pissed me off. Why did Havoc have to die? I thought that was weak honestly but everything else lived up to the hype.

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
Saw it last night. I was a bit disappointed because I expected more. Apocalypse looked like someone off power Ranger. The beginning scene was great but the film never pulled me in and he got a bit bland. 3.5/5

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!