X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Was gonna ask how's the movie, but fukk it, I'm going in blind.

never watch talk about these movies indepthly or watch trailers cause they ruin the film.
If the trailer comes on I change the channel.
All cause it makes the movie crap on Thursday night watching the debut.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Mystique not being blue for most of the movie makes sense when you remember she tried to conceal the blueness in the first two. It makes sense that she'd get better at it as time goes on

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Mystique not being blue for most of the movie makes sense when you remember she tried to conceal the blueness in the first two. It makes sense that she'd get better at it as time goes on

Just the fact we are talembout mystique as a central character in a xmen movie is stoopid to begin with.
Especially since they never explained knight crawler twice, or rogue.
The only thing they can setup is an xfactor government agent member team led mystique lead film.
Where mystique is the government liaison and field leader on screen for xfactpr.

Past that, the use of mystique is bona-fide stoopid in simple execution.

Not to mention we just went through the second fall of the mutants mutant massacre crossover on film twice.
While never mentioning the morlocks, and blowing the use of the character caliber and storm's interaction in a movie as well.
Plus, caliber being the hand and knowing psylocke.

Just this whole film franchise is fukked.
So you just have to critique what is there,...
Although none of it makes any sense in a long term quality standpoint.
Nor a content based quality standpoint either.

Past that this franchise has somehow re-righted itself.
right back to where this franchise was before xmen ii and I honestly can not complain.
While singer also got a chance to spiderman three apocalypse and I don't have to see that wack ass villain moving forward.
Plus if sinister debuts apocalypse plays no part in ruining that plot line as well.
From when marvel went full retard and made apocalypse the Genesis of all bad ass mutant villains. When apocalypse sucked during the ship episode in early xfactor and really should have never reappeared.
after the askani plot line in xfactor like 63 or sp.
till they sorted out what to really do with Nathan summers.

So, we are just getting the make do with what they fukked up and somehow.
They are making Treadway and creating the quality latch on points that make xmen, marvel's xmen on film.
As this movie re-establishes a better fanboy friendly mythos and direction closer to the source material.
Plus, writing out or possibly purposefully exasperating the source material bad.
So, it can not hamper the singer xmen content direction led good.

Somehow in all this the child molester is actually making this reboot tolerably good.
Based on and from the cards he was dealt from xmen iii and supes led bad.

Art Barr

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
OK, I'm home now so I can give a more detailed review.

Let me just start off by saying that I thoroughly miss the original X-Men movies. There was much more character development and it felt like more of a team effort. There were a few big name stars, and they relied a little too heavily on Wolverine in those films, but they didn't bend the entire narrative so it could serve as a vehicle for 'Hugh Jackson The Star'. Even when Wolverine grew in cinematic popularity and Jackman's star rose, they delved deeper into the actual character of Wolverine. They didn't try to borrow characteristics and atmosphere from other Hugh Jackman films to sell tickets for his Wolverine role and the overall story.

This movie felt like a Jennifer Lawrence vanity project to me, and I actually enjoy Jennifer Lawrence and the Hunger Games series a lot. She's a great actress and fun to watch, however, I could not lose myself for one moment in this movie because it never felt like I was watching Mystique. And the character of Mystique was so involved and integral to so much of the plot that you couldn't forget that this was supposed to be Mystique, not Jennifer Lawrence. Everything from Mystique being repetitively called a hero, her reluctance to be called a hero, her rallying the troops and trying to empower everyone to rebel against the big bad villain, felt so forced and too much like Katniss' character arc from The Hunger Games. It was like they made notes of all of the things people liked about Katniss and tried to transpose them onto this Mystique, and it didn't work.

Aside from the OOC characterization and vanity writing, this movie had a lot of promise, but failed to deliver. I enjoyed the opening sequences in Cairo, and even the rebirth of Apocalypse. He was very interesting, until he wasn't. His schtick about creating a new world and destroying the old one got old after awhile, and because they didn't really take time to develop his henchmen and any motivations they had for following him, they all became very hollow villains. Aside from Erik, I also expected much more from his other three followers. More displays of what they could do. All of that build up and then a ten minute fight scene where they get their asses handed to them was disappointing.

I loved Erik trying to blend in with the human and getting betrayed by his kindness. That was pretty cool, as was the turn of events in the woods with his daughter. I really wish they could have kept her alive because her power looked dope. But it was really shocking and interesting to see how tragic that whole situation turned out. I love angry Erik. lol. So he was one of the highlights of the film for me.

I also enjoyed Wolverine and his bloody rampage. How fun was that? I think that was the best part of the film.

However, one of my favorite characters from DOFP, Quicksilver, didn't really do it for me here. They tried to amp up his sequence from the previous movie and put it on steroids and it was just unbelievable. He's fast, yeah, but no, I didn't believe it, even in this fantasy world where he has lightning speed. The novelty has worn off, and they beat it into the ground.

Some other things that bothered me. Hugh Jackman is like what, 60? His eventual turn as a love interest for Sophie Turner/Jean Grey is really icky. Sophie Turner didn't quite sell as Jean for me either. Maybe because I enjoyed the previous version of her so much.

Also, some of the powers felt too convenient, and they rarely failed or backfired, so maybe close calls came off as deus ex machina.

Finally, the pacing was off. There was some chaos, followed by weird Katniss-like motivational speeches, followed by convenient power use, followed by more Katniss empowerment, and then brief fighting. By the time Apocalypse entered Charles' mind, I was over it. But that part was actually good. I just wished it had come sooner.

So overall, this fell flat for me. Two of my friends enjoyed it. But they also want to see the new Ghostbusters, so that should tell you something. I really have no desire to see any more of these movies.

Two thumbs down (except for Wolverine, which gets two thumbs up).

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wasnt great, wasnt terrible either. A lot of things should've been fleshed out more in favor of Mystique being the center piece again.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Just seen this movie

It's better than civil war

uxpcXDH.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
OK, I'm home now so I can give a more detailed review.

Let me just start off by saying that I thoroughly miss the original X-Men movies. There was much more character development and it felt like more of a team effort. There were a few big name stars, and they relied a little too heavily on Wolverine in those films, but they didn't bend the entire narrative so it could serve as a vehicle for 'Hugh Jackson The Star'. Even when Wolverine grew in cinematic popularity and Jackman's star rose, they delved deeper into the actual character of Wolverine. They didn't try to borrow characteristics and atmosphere from other Hugh Jackman films to sell tickets for his Wolverine role and the overall story.

This movie felt like a Jennifer Lawrence vanity project to me, and I actually enjoy Jennifer Lawrence and the Hunger Games series a lot. She's a great actress and fun to watch, however, I could not lose myself for one moment in this movie because it never felt like I was watching Mystique. And the character of Mystique was so involved and integral to so much of the plot that you couldn't forget that this was supposed to be Mystique, not Jennifer Lawrence. Everything from Mystique being repetitively called a hero, her reluctance to be called a hero, her rallying the troops and trying to empower everyone to rebel against the big bad villain, felt so forced and too much like Katniss' character arc from The Hunger Games. It was like they made notes of all of the things people liked about Katniss and tried to transpose them onto this Mystique, and it didn't work.

Aside from the OOC characterization and vanity writing, this movie had a lot of promise, but failed to deliver. I enjoyed the opening sequences in Cairo, and even the rebirth of Apocalypse. He was very interesting, until he wasn't. His schtick about creating a new world and destroying the old one got old after awhile, and because they didn't really take time to develop his henchmen and any motivations they had for following him, they all became very hollow villains. Aside from Erik, I also expected much more from his other three followers. More displays of what they could do. All of that build up and then a ten minute fight scene where they get their asses handed to them was disappointing.

I loved Erik trying to blend in with the human and getting betrayed by his kindness. That was pretty cool, as was the turn of events in the woods with his daughter. I really wish they could have kept her alive because her power looked dope. But it was really shocking and interesting to see how tragic that whole situation turned out. I love angry Erik. lol. So he was one of the highlights of the film for me.

I also enjoyed Wolverine and his bloody rampage. How fun was that? I think that was the best part of the film.

However, one of my favorite characters from DOFP, Quicksilver, didn't really do it for me here. They tried to amp up his sequence from the previous movie and put it on steroids and it was just unbelievable. He's fast, yeah, but no, I didn't believe it, even in this fantasy world where he has lightning speed. The novelty has worn off, and they beat it into the ground.

Some other things that bothered me. Hugh Jackman is like what, 60? His eventual turn as a love interest for Sophie Turner/Jean Grey is really icky. Sophie Turner didn't quite sell as Jean for me either. Maybe because I enjoyed the previous version of her so much.

Also, some of the powers felt too convenient, and they rarely failed or backfired, so maybe close calls came off as deus ex machina.

Finally, the pacing was off. There was some chaos, followed by weird Katniss-like motivational speeches, followed by convenient power use, followed by more Katniss empowerment, and then brief fighting. By the time Apocalypse entered Charles' mind, I was over it. But that part was actually good. I just wished it had come sooner.

So overall, this fell flat for me. Two of my friends enjoyed it. But they also want to see the new Ghostbusters, so that should tell you something. I really have no desire to see any more of these movies.

Two thumbs down (except for Wolverine, which gets two thumbs up).

What you wanted never existed and still to this day.
The villain apocalypse was poorly written and the horsemen of the apocalypse were never developed,...EVER!
So, people asking for something that never EVER HAPPENED WAS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

For people who are gateway xmen fans from the cartoon and post 96 age of apocalypse era.
You got the stoopid you asked for and it made sense taking into the account the villian and what always happens when apocalypse is involved.
It makes utterly no real sense and no sense as far as the pulse of what the xmen truely are.

Singer did a damn good job mixing what fox likes, the aoa fanboy, and re-righting this franchise and people need to give dude his props for that shyt.
Dude actually made good out of the bullshyt that was xmen III, and restored order and reset this shyt back to when he exactly left on xmen ii.
Give dude his props for that shyt, cause this could be literally xmen III bad but he still mixed.
What gateway fans like about the abomination that is xmen III as well.
As gateway fans like that movie, like on some other shyt that movie is liked somehow,...how I dunno but it is.

So, singer that pedo needs props for his movie.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Wasnt great, wasnt terrible either. A lot of things should've been fleshed out more in favor of Mystique being the center piece again.

They should have been freedom forced mystique but singer used mystique in a brilliant plot device re-write of the sentinels.
So, you really can't complain about mystique's usage.
All because she is used in a number of ways.
from the equality content markers being hit in a film about equality to mutants.
Plus, you can freedom force her and spin her off for an xfactor movie.
Plus, I hate to say this but they can also make mystique into a lesbian and make the first lesbian mutant superhero movie, too.

So, there is a reason they continue to use mystique.
Plus, why she is used as the main plot device as well.
It is a combo of Jen law star power.
to even the prospective to revenue grab on a number of levels.
Of which fox is all about and fox already used a group of people they make negative news about to come up.
So, I would not be surprised in the future if they went there.
Not to mention, Disney even has bullshyt gay propaganda shows on air during prime time.
So, I fear they will eventually pull the whole mystique is chasing amy the comic book on the big screen.
If you know mystique's background,...there is a reason.
why they continue to run with mystique who is a nuffin character.
as far as xmen mythos is concerned.

Art Barr

Last edited: