X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
The movie was meh, not awful but not great neither

I really liked night crawler and quick silver(I'm not gonna lie Fox has a better Quick Silver than Disney/Marvel version)

Apoc I didn't like because his not the Apoc from the cartoons or comics, if they named a different name I would have liked the character better but that's not Apoc.

Overall is alright but this movie easily forgettable:manny:

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!
Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Really liked this. Definitely slim on some character stuff but overall it's a good flick. I'll get more in depth later. The wolverine scene is dope the costumes at the end are cool and apocalypse was very dope as a villain. Also, Fassbender continues to kill everything
So you telling me Disney Stans unjustly shytted in a comic movie that wasn't made by Disney. Color me shocked :sas1:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

What you wanted never existed and still to this day.
The villain apocalypse was poorly written and the horsemen of the apocalypse were never developed,...EVER!
So, people asking for something that never EVER HAPPENED WAS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

For people who are gateway xmen fans from the cartoon and post 96 age of apocalypse era.
You got the stoopid you asked for and it made sense taking into the account the villian and what always happens when apocalypse is involved.
It makes utterly no real sense and no sense as far as the pulse of what the xmen truely are.

Singer did a damn good job mixing what fox likes, the aoa fanboy, and re-righting this franchise and people need to give dude his props for that shyt.
Dude actually made good out of the bullshyt that was xmen III, and restored order and reset this shyt back to when he exactly left on xmen ii.
Give dude his props for that shyt, cause this could be literally xmen III bad but he still mixed.
What gateway fans like about the abomination that is xmen III as well.
As gateway fans like that movie, like on some other shyt that movie is liked somehow,...how I dunno but it is.

So, singer that pedo needs props for his movie.

Art Barr

I have 0 passion about this film, so if you want to :cape: for it's mediocrity and borderline poor writing/directing, go for it, I can't even pretend to have the energy to engage.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You're pretty reasonable breh, quick review spoiler free pls?

7.5-8/10. If I had to rank comic movies this year, it would be

Deadpool, Civil War, XM:A, and BvS

Deadpool - 9
CW - 8.5
BvS - 7.5

So somewhere in between Civil War and BvS, there was some sketchy cgi, but I was very entertained by this jawn. Definitely enjoyed it. Oscar played the role well, but I do wish they could have gotten a bigger actor in stature to play Poc. Storm wasn't nearly as bad. Ole girl did a decent job to me. Quicksilver stole the show AGAIN.

Def recommend seeing it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Really liked this. Definitely slim on some character stuff but overall it's a good flick. I'll get more in depth later. The wolverine scene is dope the costumes at the end are cool and apocalypse was very dope as a villain. Also, Fassbender continues to kill everything

Agree with this totally. It's getting pretty :patrice: that if it isn't a Disney jawn, it will get shytted on. Deadpool was so "different" from the norm that they couldn't shyt on saying it was terrible because it clearly wasn't.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Agree with this totally. It's getting pretty :patrice: that if it isn't a Disney jawn, it will get shytted on. Deadpool was so "different" from the norm that they couldn't shyt on saying it was terrible because it clearly wasn't.
I'd give it a solid 8/10. I definitely feel like singer should give up the reins tho just to get a different voice

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I have 0 passion about this film, so if you want to :cape: for it's mediocrity and borderline poor writing/directing, go for it, I can't even pretend to have the energy to engage.
buncha prepubescent muthafukkas in here tryna put some "oh it aint Disney thats why they dont like it" spin on some shyt :hahapaul:

some folks like it
some folks dont

that all folks

fukkin weirdos

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
buncha prepubescent muthafukkas in here tryna put some "oh it aint Disney thats why they dont like it" spin on some shyt :hahapaul:

some folks like it
some folks dont

that all folks

fukkin weirdos

Basically. I didn't even know there were stans and beefs between these companies until The Coli. None of these companies give me a check so I'm not invested in whether they succeed or fail. Ultimately, I'd like them all to make good movies. I would say MOST people don't give a shyt who's funding the project, they just want a good movie. I didn't think this was a particularly good movie. I also though the last Thor and Age of Ultron were weak movies. Go figure.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Basically. I didn't even know there were stans and beefs between these companies until The Coli. None of these companies give me a check so I'm not invested in whether they succeed or fail. Ultimately, I'd like them all to make good movies. I would say MOST people don't give a shyt who's funding the project, they just want a good movie. I didn't think this was a particularly good movie. I also though the last Thor and Age of Ultron were weak movies. Go figure.

What's your issues with it? I'd like to hear from someone because two of my friends saw it and they liked it a lot as did I although I think they liked it more than I did

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
lil beef shyt was funny for a minute but the shyt tired now
its like when my son first did a lil cartwheel then wanted to keep doing the shyt a million times :mjlol:
like, "ok! cartwheels! sit that ass down now!" :deadmanny:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
What's your issues with it? I'd like to hear from someone because two of my friends saw it and they liked it a lot as did I although I think they liked it more than I did

OK, I'm home now so I can give a more detailed review.

Let me just start off by saying that I thoroughly miss the original X-Men movies. There was much more character development and it felt like more of a team effort. There were a few big name stars, and they relied a little too heavily on Wolverine in those films, but they didn't bend the entire narrative so it could serve as a vehicle for 'Hugh Jackson The Star'. Even when Wolverine grew in cinematic popularity and Jackman's star rose, they delved deeper into the actual character of Wolverine. They didn't try to borrow characteristics and atmosphere from other Hugh Jackman films to sell tickets for his Wolverine role and the overall story.

This movie felt like a Jennifer Lawrence vanity project to me, and I actually enjoy Jennifer Lawrence and the Hunger Games series a lot. She's a great actress and fun to watch, however, I could not lose myself for one moment in this movie because it never felt like I was watching Mystique. And the character of Mystique was so involved and integral to so much of the plot that you couldn't forget that this was supposed to be Mystique, not Jennifer Lawrence. Everything from Mystique being repetitively called a hero, her reluctance to be called a hero, her rallying the troops and trying to empower everyone to rebel against the big bad villain, felt so forced and too much like Katniss' character arc from The Hunger Games. It was like they made notes of all of the things people liked about Katniss and tried to transpose them onto this Mystique, and it didn't work.

Aside from the OOC characterization and vanity writing, this movie had a lot of promise, but failed to deliver. I enjoyed the opening sequences in Cairo, and even the rebirth of Apocalypse. He was very interesting, until he wasn't. His schtick about creating a new world and destroying the old one got old after awhile, and because they didn't really take time to develop his henchmen and any motivations they had for following him, they all became very hollow villains. Aside from Erik, I also expected much more from his other three followers. More displays of what they could do. All of that build up and then a ten minute fight scene where they get their asses handed to them was disappointing.

I loved Erik trying to blend in with the human and getting betrayed by his kindness. That was pretty cool, as was the turn of events in the woods with his daughter. I really wish they could have kept her alive because her power looked dope. But it was really shocking and interesting to see how tragic that whole situation turned out. I love angry Erik. lol. So he was one of the highlights of the film for me.

I also enjoyed Wolverine and his bloody rampage. How fun was that? I think that was the best part of the film.

However, one of my favorite characters from DOFP, Quicksilver, didn't really do it for me here. They tried to amp up his sequence from the previous movie and put it on steroids and it was just unbelievable. He's fast, yeah, but no, I didn't believe it, even in this fantasy world where he has lightning speed. The novelty has worn off, and they beat it into the ground.

Some other things that bothered me. Hugh Jackman is like what, 60? His eventual turn as a love interest for Sophie Turner/Jean Grey is really icky. Sophie Turner didn't quite sell as Jean for me either. Maybe because I enjoyed the previous version of her so much.

Also, some of the powers felt too convenient, and they rarely failed or backfired, so maybe close calls came off as deus ex machina.

Finally, the pacing was off. There was some chaos, followed by weird Katniss-like motivational speeches, followed by convenient power use, followed by more Katniss empowerment, and then brief fighting. By the time Apocalypse entered Charles' mind, I was over it. But that part was actually good. I just wished it had come sooner.

So overall, this fell flat for me. Two of my friends enjoyed it. But they also want to see the new Ghostbusters, so that should tell you something. I really have no desire to see any more of these movies.

Two thumbs down (except for Wolverine, which gets two thumbs up).

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I disagree on the mark about Jennifer. I actually feel like mystique was used the right amount. Where it fell flat for me was losing sight of the Charles and Eric dynamic in favor of apocalypse. That's been the crux of this trilogy and to ignore that in this one felt like like a bad move. But I also liked the new mutants and felt like each of them was well served minus storm but she was a "bad guy" for most of the movie.

I felt like quicksilver was the best part of the movie but his emotional journey felt like it wasn't finished. He stated what his goal was and then he didn't even fulfill it. Felt bad to me and like pudding out just because.

Like I said, 8/10. Could've been better but the character stuff was underserved. The action was on point but he went overboard on the CG. I love all the stuff in Cairo, love the wolverine stuff, love the stuff with Jean and cyclops especially since they gave cyclops his balls back.