X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
-MEN: APOCALYPSE Is The #1 Movie In The World With An Impressive $100 Million

X-Men: Apocalypse doesn't reach North America until this Friday, but after debuting in over seventy overseas locations this weekend, the movie is already the #1 release in the world.

Captain America: Civil War was knocked from the top spot in North America this weekend by The Angry Birds Movie, bringing in an estimated $33 million compared to that animated feature's $39 million. However, the latter has failed to become the #1 movie in the world this weekend as that title has instead gone to the Bryan Singer helmed X-Men: Apocalypse after it opened in 71 of 75 markets.

With an estimated $103.3 million, the movie is off to a strong start, but with mixed reviews, it will be interesting to see if those have any sort of impact on the movie by the time it reaches North America. So far, fans do seem to be responding well to X-Men: Apocalypse. Regardless, it has yet to open in two other huge territories, including Korea and China, so it's still early days for this one right now.

Of course, $100 million may not sound like much in the grand scheme of things, but that's a great start for the movie, and Fox has broken a number of their own opening weekend records in the process.

BOX OFFICE: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Is The #1 Movie In The World With An Impressive $100 Million

If you didn't figure it out from Deadpool this news should tell you that X-Men aint going back to Marvel for a loooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg time.

Problem is that it's going up against TMNT next week. I don't see this movie touching 600M, maybe 400-500M which is bad for Fox because they're not making money back.

Add in the fact that you have JLaw, the highest paid actress in Hollywood right now who gets paid anywhere between 30-50M per movie. Then Issac, Fassbender and Mcavoy coming closely behind. shyt adds up

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
True but it does good enough for Fox to want to keep on making them.

This should be making way more money than it has period

Problem is that it's going up against TMNT next week. I don't see this movie touching 600M, maybe 400-500M which is bad for Fox because they're not making money back.

Add in the fact that you have JLaw, the highest paid actress in Hollywood right now who gets paid anywhere between 30-50M per movie. Then Issac, Fassbender and Mcavoy coming closely behind. shyt adds up

Not true it depends On the film and she ain't making that with xmen either
That 20 mil came from her movie with Chris Pratt in passengers

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I don't see this movie doing huge numbers but I see it making a small profit. There has been little buzz for this movie. It will open big due to this weekend being Memorial Day weekend but will drop steadily once Ninja Turtles is released. I'm seeing it Thursday night and I honestly don't have huge expectations. :francis:

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
I don't know if more than one version leaked but did anybody else's have random dubbing?

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I don't know if more than one version leaked but did anybody else's have random dubbing?

yes I did, I was so disappointed I didn't care.
----------

days of future past should have been named x-men apocalypse

apocalypse sucked imo, even if he looked like apocalypse it's wouldn't have helped.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Lol at people thinking Fox is happy at making 400-500 million mediocre money just to keep the x-men rights:mjlol:

Sony amazing Spiderman made more money than any other fox x-men film(I think besides deadpool) and still give Marvel back the rights

Keep thinking Fox won't smarted up:heh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
maaaaaan i told yall psylocke would barely be in it.....as soon as olivia munn was casted i knew she wouldnt do much cuz its olivia fukking munn :pachaha:

havent seen it yet btw, prolly just gonna wait for one of those crisp HD bootlegs thats been leaking lately :ahh:
All that sword training to be a cameo. They probably left all her scenes on the cutting room floor