X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could live with Fox keeping the rights, just so long as they break their bad habits of mistreating Cyclops/Storm and hyper-focusing all their movies around the same four characters. (And/or whoever's played by somebody :comeon: ) I'm sure Disney could do a good job, but I'm concerned that they would downplay the darker themes of the series and or make the villains pushovers. To be fair though, they did neither of those with Daredevil. ( :banderas: )
Thankfully, X-men is poppin' enough to get away with having its own universe.

Fantastic Four, on the other hand? Fox needs to take their L on that one and sell them back. :camby:

I just want one movie with the classic Claremont/Byrne/Austin X-men lineup where everyone gets to shine :to:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I just want Storm outta there, she ain't doing shyt in the Fox-verse anyway. The rest the X-men can stay where they at:yeshrug:
Lol, may ask why you want Storm back with Marvel and not all of the X-Men?
Found it, Its "The Rise of Apocalypse"... I got a few pics but dont know how to upload em straight from my computer... The group was called "The Sandstormers" or "The People of the Storm"... His adopted father was "Baal of the Crimson Sands"... His birth people had beards & turbans.... Biggest excuse would be to claim they Arab, LOL... They clearly aint White...

Yep, thats it...
I found it and you are right, they did depicted him and ancient Egypt as black

Now I really want Disney to get the rights back because they more then likely have no problem depicted Apoc and ancient Egypt as black(looking at Disney track record)

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I could live with Fox keeping the rights, just so long as they break their bad habits of mistreating Cyclops/Storm and hyper-focusing all their movies around the same four characters.
Thankfully, X-men is poppin' enough to get away with having its own universe.

Fantastic Four, on the other hand? Fox needs to take their L on that one and sell them back. :camby:

I just want one movie with the classic Claremont/Byrne/Austin X-men lineup where everyone gets to shine :to:
Yeah IIRC Singer said this would be the origin on the original X-men team ( Jean, Cyclops and Storm) they'll phase out the first class cast and continue with the classic team but I think McAvoy and Fassbender will be back. Tbh I feel like at the end of this Magneto and Professor X will lead the X-men in the next series of films It'd be dope plus there can be only so many times they fight each other.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah IIRC Singer said this would be the origin on the original X-men team ( Jean, Cyclops and Storm) they'll phase out the first class cast and continue with the classic team but I think McAvoy and Fassbender will be back. Tbh I feel like at the end of this Magneto and Professor X will lead the X-men in the next series of films It'd be dope plus there can be only so many times they fight each other.

This would be a cool series of films. Just recast Logan and have them NOT treat him like he's the center of the universe this time, and they'll be golden.

(As overused as wolverine is, he's still one of the GOAT marvel characters. It ain't X-men without him)

They could have Magneto as a similar role compared to God Loves Man Kills (or the animated series)-- focus on him as an ideological opponent, more than a physical one. In GLMK, they joined forces with Magneto to take on a common enemy, but he opposed Xavier ideologically. Same thing in the cartoon-- they rarely fought Magneto but he served as more of a ideological rival than an outright villain.

IMO he's too broken/overpowered to be regularly featured as a straight good guy, but as a morally grey neutral character, he's fantastic. You're right that they can only fight him so many times before it gets old.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Coli (and possibly the innanets) seems waaaaaaaaay more hyped for BvS and Civil War than this film. It's not on the fans, its the trailers and marketing. It's lacking.

And it ain't about Marvel stannings. Brehs here were hyped for Deadpool. Deadpool's promo game was on point and the movie delivered.

This new X-Men will probably be a good movie and make lots of money, but coming right after Civil War is gonna hurt it. It will be compared to it for a minute. They shoudl've released the film in mid-june.
Nah...a lot of cats were questioning Deadpool and had shock threads asking how he could make so much money in the aftermath..to which experrts on character had to wake him up on the genesis and appeal of the Deadpool character.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This would be a cool series of films. Just recast Logan and have them NOT treat him like he's the center of the universe this time, and they'll be golden.

(As overused as wolverine is, he's still one of the GOAT marvel characters. It ain't X-men without him)

They could have Magneto as a similar role compared to God Loves Man Kills (or the animated series)-- focus on him as an ideological opponent, more than a physical one. In GLMK, they joined forces with Magneto to take on a common enemy, but he opposed Xavier ideologically. Same thing in the cartoon-- they rarely fought Magneto but he served as more of a ideological rival than an outright villain.

IMO he's too broken/overpowered to be regularly featured as a straight good guy, but as a morally grey neutral character, he's fantastic. You're right that they can only fight him so many times before it gets old.
Well they fight him a lot because Magneto stories have made the most money in Marvel history...no villain in Marvel has generated more revenue or topped the charts in Marvel history than Magneto stories. Not Venom, Osborn, Doom, Thanos, Apocalypse, none of them. That's why every single time there was a X animated show, he always went from being the TOP villain to being someone that audience could see the side of. Youll never get that with Lex or Joker. Ever.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't know man....I liked the last two, but the special effects on this one are looking too 'green screen' for my liking. I'm still gonna go see it anyway, but I have a feeling this is gonna be the weakest out of the three. :francis:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Breh's.. I could be nitpicking but doesn't the ending of DOFP spoil this movie because you already know how a lot of these characters will end up. :mjpls:

It's like they erased the fukkery from X-3 with time travel, only to have more continuity issues by making this new one.

The reason why Marvel has been so successful is because there is an overall theme to the universe. Everything fits and sets up for something else.

These X-Men movies basically stand alone and they end up with mismatched characters and story arcs and its so frustrating because they literally have the best group of characters to work with :mindblown:

Fox has proven time and time again they don't give a shyt about the characters. They only care about the people who they can get to play them.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Lol, may ask why you want Storm back with Marvel and not all of the X-Men?
because theres wild layers to Storrm
these Hollywood muthafukkas over here tryna to sell the shyt outa Mystique when Cyclops and Storm are the REAL bosses of the X-Men :martin:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Nah...a lot of cats were questioning Deadpool and had shock threads asking how he could make so much money in the aftermath..to which experrts on character had to wake him up on the genesis and appeal of the Deadpool character.

And many others were low key impressed, I was one of them. Plus there was a lot of hype for it online.

Can't say the same for Xmen: Apoc. The hype is much lower across the board.