X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Okay, here's my thing. I just watched the second trailer and it's a good trailer. Anyone saying it sucked or whatever is doing too much. That said, I can understand why some are feeling underwhelmed because this movie feels DATED. I think it'll be a very good movie. I'm not sure if it'll be Days of Future Past good but it'll be worth the watch.

But it's dated. You realize we've been seeing this version of the X-Men now for 16 years. Case in point, if Nolan were to make another Batman, as great as the trilogy was, I wouldn't want it. I want a fresh look, a new take..

This movie while I think it'll be good, could have come out in 2002 and we wouldn't know the difference. That shows me two things. First, that Singer was ahead of his time with this comic book shyt. But secondly, that he hasn't evolved.. whereas DC has a fresh new universe and even Marvel with all the films they've done now, it all started in 2008. This X-Men started in 2000 fam. I was still in grade school.
i said it a few months back with the firs trailer, but in this day and age the fight choreography/cinematography in these x-films is :flabbynsick: compared to what we see with Marvel Studios and DC/WB. Exception being DoFP which had some good moments, it's the same stylistic manner from X2 back in '02. I dunno if it's the vision of the director or Fox just tryna ball on a budget but Apocalypse should be a monster on screen like Hulk or that snippet we saw of Doomsday.

Deadpool was with a different creative team and they had the right idea for Colossus (even on a restricted budget). Compare that to the character version we saw back in X2, or juggernaut in x3, or Apocalypse in this one.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Wow I'm literally not excited for this movie, how the hell x-men fell off(media wise) they use to be the top super hero team and top money making franchise.

And why the hell are they pushing Mystic so badly in this series? Why the fukk is she leading the X-Men and facing against Apoc?:why:
Before I finish the thread, gotta respond... Apoc is black, he got cast out as an infant & left for dead as an abomination for his skin color cause it was different... When he was found by others (dark riders or riders of the storm, or something) the group wanted to kill him... The leader, Baal, slaughtered the group & raised Apoc as his son among their clan, Akabba (I think it is)... Needless to say he was disliked & constantly tested by his peers.. He later got captured & became a slave under Oxymandias... Thats why when he got his powers right Oxymandias was the first person he transformed & enslaved, revenge breh... The "survival of the fittest" was the rule of his clan... He literally got thrown in the desert/bushes for not being dark enough...

He has a 4 issue origin story... I got it somewhere....
Do you have the name of the comic about Apoc orgin or link to it?:ohhh:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
The guy playing Apocalypse sounds and looks awful, no intimidating qualities. Singer is trash.
Hope this fails miserably at the box office where Fox are open to negotiate a deal with Disney.
I don't think that's gonna happen since Deadpool did so well, they might keep the rights even longer because of Deadpool.:mjcry:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I don't think that's gonna happen since Deadpool did so well, they might keep the rights even longer because of Deadpool.:mjcry:
Theyre gonna work with Marvel
Trust
Too much bread on the table at this point
Muthafukkas aint stupid
We bout to witness some legendary shyt real soon

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Theyre gonna work with Marvel
Trust
Too much bread on the table at this point
Muthafukkas aint stupid
We bout to witness some legendary shyt real soon
With the exception of First Class each X-Men film has made more than the last one. This isn't Fantastic Four we're talking about. The X-Men films are not going back to Marvel in any form or fashion anytime soon.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Okay, here's my thing. I just watched the second trailer and it's a good trailer. Anyone saying it sucked or whatever is doing too much. That said, I can understand why some are feeling underwhelmed because this movie feels DATED. I think it'll be a very good movie. I'm not sure if it'll be Days of Future Past good but it'll be worth the watch.

But it's dated. You realize we've been seeing this version of the X-Men now for 16 years. Case in point, if Nolan were to make another Batman, as great as the trilogy was, I wouldn't want it. I want a fresh look, a new take..

This movie while I think it'll be good, could have come out in 2002 and we wouldn't know the difference. That shows me two things. First, that Singer was ahead of his time with this comic book shyt. But secondly, that he hasn't evolved.. whereas DC has a fresh new universe and even Marvel with all the films they've done now, it all started in 2008. This X-Men started in 2000 fam. I was still in grade school.

Dated yet we got another Iron Man flick due in couple of months...a character pushed hard as hell since 08. U got yet another Batman/Superman flick after that Man of Steel fiasco yet Apocslypse's debut is bottom tier? Truth is..u kids made up your minds up, no matter what the trailers look like. U just want to support Marvel over anything else in general.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think a new creative team could do wonders for the X-Men. They've been running with the same team for almost 20 years :mindblown: it's time to give someone else a shot. I don't think they should go to the MCU just yet though unless the new ish fails. It's crazy because the X-Men are suppose to be running the CBM game because they're one of the most popular team of heroes, X-Men should be an event movie like Justice League or Avengers. It's suppose to be BvS, CW & X-Men this year but now it's

BvS, Deadpool, CW, SS

X-Men

:francis:

X-Men getting outshined by fukking Deadpool and a group of C to A list villains who's movie hasn't even dropped yet :snoop: it's a shame brehs. I also think DOFP is overrated, i've only seen it once and wasn't that entertained. Seemed to me like they only had one major action set piece and that was at the end. Doesn't deserve a 91% on RT tbh, I think critics gave it a positive review because it erased all the trash X-Men movies

Same team for 20 years? Cyclops got killed in 2006..lol. Jean Grey too. Storm was basically kicked out of it until the last one.