X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
fukk Jennifer Lawrence, every time I got a little hype with this trailer she pops up fukking up my vibe. Girl playing Storm doesn't look strong enough to carry that role either. Imma watch & undoubtedly enjoy but the inner geek in me gonna be lowkey fuming at the various character fukk ups.

Plus side, I'm not mad at that Apocalypse at all, Oscar da gawd coming through like we knew he would.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I could live with Fox keeping the rights, just so long as they break their bad habits of mistreating Cyclops/Storm and hyper-focusing all their movies around the same four characters. (And/or whoever's played by somebody :comeon: ) I'm sure Disney could do a good job, but I'm concerned that they would downplay the darker themes of the series and or make the villains pushovers. To be fair though, they did neither of those with Daredevil. ( :banderas: )
Thankfully, X-men is poppin' enough to get away with having its own universe.

Fantastic Four, on the other hand? Fox needs to take their L on that one and sell them back. :camby:

I just want one movie with the classic Claremont/Byrne/Austin X-men lineup where everyone gets to shine :to:
9d36b284c28777b643dac2ef5307d967.jpg

My favorite lineup of all time. Add Jean Grey to this lineup and you have team that can compete with any cinematic comic book team:banderas:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
We'll see..the X-Men is the most successful comic entity to date. People just thinking it's gonna crash and burn for the first time ever:laugh:
Folks are tripping. This movie is going to make money. Not as much as Civil War and Dawn of Justice but it will bank. X-Men is still one of the most loved comic series of all time. People will support just on GP.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Folks are tripping. This movie is going to make money. Not as much as Civil War and Dawn of Justice but it will bank. X-Men is still one of the most loved comic series of all time. People will support just on GP.
Breh it's just marvel stans doing their usual song and dance. They live in their own world where Thor 2 is a good film.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh it's just marvel stans doing their usual song and dance. They live in their own world where Thor 2 is a good film.

:huhldup: Dang seriously? These x-movies have issues but X2, First Class, and Days are still head and shoulders better than Thor 2 and the Iron Man sequels :whoa:

Edit: (Age of Ultron also tried to do waaaayyyy too much IMO).

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yeah I'm not as excited about this as I was Deadpool or civil war but its still the X men. Will be copping this opening weekend tbh .
I do hope they come into Marvel and bring the :demonic: storylines and villains

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Cinimatic XMen is the whitest superhero team of all time :scusthov:

And they think putting that light skinned biracial chick like Shipp will make a difference.

And Apacalypse should've been casted as a brotha, but nooo, if he is black, then the Egyptians were blsck (yes I know he was born in Jordan buuut in all cases he's Egyptian).

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I hope it's early in the movie too

Complain about being in makeup for hours while playing a blue perseon, brehs

Is that really what she was complaining about? :russ:

Wowwww.:mjlol:

Getting paid millions... Complaining about the wait time to apply blue body makeup...

:snoop:

It's not that uncommon a complaint though. The guy who played Nightcrawler in X2 literally said 'No!' to X3 because of the time to sit through make-up and the discomfort of trying to emote properly with all that shyt glued on your face. Mickey Rourke had similar complaints regarding Sin City, and Rodriguez only convinced him to come back for A Dame To Kill For by assuring him that they would just slap some shyt on him and fix it with CGI (which is why Marv looks like complete trash in that one compared to the OG). Sure, there are actors who are fine with it (Rebecca Romijn never really complained, Ron Perlman and Doug Jones made careers of that shyt) but most actors despise that shyt.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The thing with X-Men is they have a lot of characters they haven't used which is probably why they allowed Marvel to take Scarlett Witch. That could be the beginning. I think by the time Phase 4 rolls around Marvel could possibly bleed Fox for a few more characters. By then the OG Avengers will need to be replaced (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, and possibly Black Widow, Vision and Falcon)