X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Trailers are super finicky now, there's a whole culture to making breakdown/rewind videos. Now studios have to cater to a small but extremely vocal comic book group but still draw in the average joe. Civil War and BvS, you can show the opposing leads talking shyt with a few action scenes in between and they're good. X-Men on the other hand has to find the sweet spot to not piss off more people already upset about the costumes, Apocolypse, JLaw, continuity which I feel is really minor in the grand scheme of things.

I feel you.. trailer watching turned into a subculture all its own... its reviewed like movies...Hell the AXS channel has a show called nothing but trailers when on Wednesday from 8-11 (plus other days when its shorter) they show... nothing but trailers... Me.. I just like something that's sparks my interest..

Chef

All Star
Daps
I feel you.. trailer watching turned into a subculture all its own... its reviewed like movies...Hell the AXS channel has a show called nothing but trailers when on Wednesday from 8-11 (plus other days when its shorter) they show... nothing but trailers... Me.. I just like something that's sparks my interest..

The trailer for the new Cloverfield movie is my favorite trailer in recent memory because it did just that and nailed it. :yeshrug:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Good trailer and it seems like the movie will be good...yet I don't feel anywhere as hyped as I did for BvS and Civil War. Even Deadpool got me way more intrigued.

Very strange.
I feel the same. I'm still confident that this movie will be good. I was never that hyped by the DOFP trailers either. That sold that movie to me was the viral marketing (20 Moments website) and when thry releasefd that scene of Xavier and Magneto on the plane "You abandoned us all!"

The thing is, the X-movies have never been about "wow" moments or crazy action. They've always been more about the story and emotions, and it's hard to really capture that in trailers.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
did anyone notice quicksilver's costume near the end of the trailer he's wearing a different one..there's still hope :blessed:

Apex

Banned
Daps
X-Men movies just aren't appealing. I wish Marvel Studios owned them. They'd do magic.

Apex

Banned
Daps
I truly think maybe the fans are burnt out on the xmen movies... :yeshrug:

I still think they should have had apocalypse set in present day VS the OG team... :francis:
Yeah, no way this movie does that well without Wolverine and Deadpool.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah, no way this movie does that well without Wolverine and Deadpool.

That's not essentially true... :yeshrug:

But here's the thing the movie should have been a two parter... one set in the past where the original team beats him but something goes wrong and the second part where we end up in the present day right after wolverine wakes up restoring the time continuity... :yeshrug:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
just watched the new trailer

I know a lot of folks are excited for this movie, but if Apocalypse was born in EGYPT, which is in AFRICA he more than likely would be black right? :mjpls:
The way he was drawn in the comics(from the images I've seen) he certainly looked more like a brother.

maybe it's just me

:yeshrug:

X-Men-Apocalypse.jpg

tumblr_inline_nrdf0rJ61i1ttbgov_500.jpg

x-men_apocalypse.jpg

and please believe me, I'm not trying to be a contrarian Hotep or whatever, I just find it kinda odd, ya know :jbhmm:
yes, he's blue/grey and he's a mutant and at the end of the day he's a fictional character. but in light of the fact that there are "Egyptologists" of Arab annd Caucasian descent that spend their entire careers trying to prove that Egypt WASN'T black, and the long and storied history(and quite recent history in fact, i.e., Gods of Egypt) of Hollywood and the dominant culture in general whitewashing black people out of everything of significance we were a part of I find it troubling.

I'll still watch it tho :manny:
Before I finish the thread, gotta respond... Apoc is black, he got cast out as an infant & left for dead as an abomination for his skin color cause it was different... When he was found by others (dark riders or riders of the storm, or something) the group wanted to kill him... The leader, Baal, slaughtered the group & raised Apoc as his son among their clan, Akabba (I think it is)... Needless to say he was disliked & constantly tested by his peers.. He later got captured & became a slave under Oxymandias... Thats why when he got his powers right Oxymandias was the first person he transformed & enslaved, revenge breh... The "survival of the fittest" was the rule of his clan... He literally got thrown in the desert/bushes for not being dark enough...

He has a 4 issue origin story... I got it somewhere....

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Well..... that was a trailer. :yeshrug:

I almost prefer if this kinda crept on me, instead of knowing it was coming out. Like listening to an album and not looking at the credits? So you're listening and all of a sudden you hear "If Young Metro don't trust you I'm gon' shoot you..." so you're :ohhh::ooh::obama: then you hear Kid CuDi humming up a storm after Chris Brown cooing so you're :ohlawd::ahh: and then you hear "Three Stacks speak on this..." so now you're :damn::damn::damn::noah::blessed:.

But you paid attention the whole time so now you're just "bleached a$$holes huh?":patrice: "go-pro on you're dikk huh?" :dame: And now you're just...

QfVESDx.gif

I guess I'll see it..... eventually. :manny: