X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
just watched the new trailer

I know a lot of folks are excited for this movie, but if Apocalypse was born in EGYPT, which is in AFRICA he more than likely would be black right? :mjpls:
The way he was drawn in the comics(from the images I've seen) he certainly looked more like a brother.

maybe it's just me

:yeshrug:

X-Men-Apocalypse.jpg

tumblr_inline_nrdf0rJ61i1ttbgov_500.jpg

x-men_apocalypse.jpg

and please believe me, I'm not trying to be a contrarian Hotep or whatever, I just find it kinda odd, ya know :jbhmm:
yes, he's blue/grey and he's a mutant and at the end of the day he's a fictional character. but in light of the fact that there are "Egyptologists" of Arab annd Caucasian descent that spend their entire careers trying to prove that Egypt WASN'T black, and the long and storied history(and quite recent history in fact, i.e., Gods of Egypt) of Hollywood and the dominant culture in general whitewashing black people out of everything of significance we were a part of I find it troubling.

I'll still watch it tho :manny:
Trust that's been talked about unfortunately we have to deal with this shyt. Apocalypse should've been black but we know how that goes:mjpls:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If you cant notice the differences between FC and the rest of Singers X-Men films then I don't know what to tell ya :francis:

I can tell the difference.. I'm just making a statement because some folks believe FC is better because no Singer ... that's not true.. it's better because no Singer direction.. Singer's story and vision isn't bad its his execution that's bad

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that's the thing that turns some people off.. We're comic heads.. we don't care.. but the average joe needs some type of direction.. With BvS . we see Bruce/Clark/Lex meet.. see Bat/Supes fight ... we can form our own conclusion develop our own semi story from the trailer and form an opinion to see it ...
From the Civil War trailer I can form the opinion the US Government is shytting on Capt America. The same govt that made Capt America is against him.. that sounds like a really good MOVIE (taking comic book out the equation). The dialog I heard led me to that conclusion .. that's something I wanna see.. its like Borne identity but with superheroes and without the mind wipe.. well .. not for Bucky anyway

Xmen seems so over the place I don't know what going on to the point the story in my head that I develop makes me not want to see it.. Trailers are supposed to spark the interest of those who might not otherwise see the movie (before word of mouth) and the last 2 trailers done none of that... Word of mouth will only work if people go (besides up internet fan boys)

You would think it should not matter based off the success of the previous film.... and this was the same argument with DoFP prior to that reason. At this point, it is a shame that the franchise that TRULY ushered in this modern superhero era (yea, I know Blade was the 1st film, but it wasn't even pitched as a Marvel or comic book film), that lasted this long with its ups and downs and having the biggest success as of right now that people need more "word of mouth"....

Also it is a bit of hypocrisy when the biggest complaints about movie trailers today is that they show too much leaving little for the film itself. So, when it is something from a popular franchise but doesn't reveal hardly anything outside who's the threat is....I don't understand why it is a bad thing. We don't need to know in the TRAILER how everything comes together... just know that mutants are FIGHTING each other. Isn't that what we all really want in the 1st place?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
they using the Age of Apocalypse look for her hair

What I was wondering actually is why her hair isn't white? She was born with white hair in the comics.

I think Apocalypse will be the one giving her powers, and thus her hair turns white.

EDIT: Was Storm's hair not white in Age of Apocalypse?

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can tell the difference.. I'm just making a statement because some folks believe FC is better because no Singer ... that's not true.. it's better because no Singer direction.. Singer's story and vision isn't bad its his execution that's bad

Nothing against Matthew Vaughn, but DoFP is one of the highest critically acclaimed superhero films of all time. Plus, 1st Class was still Singer's vision. The best X-Men films were all the ones that Singer's fingerprints been on... which is even more funny as to why people still shyt on him. This is EXACTLY how it was prior to DoFP....and it still turned out the highest critically acclaimed and financially successful film of all of X-Men.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nothing against Matthew Vaughn, but DoFP is one of the highest critically acclaimed superhero films of all time. Plus, 1st Class was still Singer's vision. The best X-Men films were all the ones that Singer's fingerprints been on... which is even more funny as to why people still shyt on him. This is EXACTLY how it was prior to DoFP....and it still turned out the highest critically acclaimed and financially successful film of all of X-Men.

I loved DOFP .. liked FC a little more..

I just realized Charles/Rave/Erik is Lois/Richard/Superman all over again..

the bolded is what I said in defense of Singer ..
I personally don't see a problem with Singer... his execution for some things I don't like but maybe that's the studio making him do certain things..

edit: I just rereads my previous post. when I said no Singer direction .. I meant the Director's Chair not story

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What I was wondering actually is why her hair isn't white? She was born with white hair in the comics.

I think Apocalypse will be the one giving her powers, and thus her hair turns white.

She's a mutant so Apocalypse cant give her her powers .. but maybe when he enhances her it turns white similar to how rogue got her streak in the OG xmen

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You would think it should not matter based off the success of the previous film.... and this was the same argument with DoFP prior to that reason. At this point, it is a shame that the franchise that TRULY ushered in this modern superhero era (yea, I know Blade was the 1st film, but it wasn't even pitched as a Marvel or comic book film), that lasted this long with its ups and downs and having the biggest success as of right now that people need more "word of mouth"....

Also it is a bit of hypocrisy when the biggest complaints about movie trailers today is that they show too much leaving little for the film itself. So, when it is something from a popular franchise but doesn't reveal hardly anything outside who's the threat is....I don't understand why it is a bad thing. We don't need to know in the TRAILER how everything comes together... just know that mutants are FIGHTING each other. Isn't that what we all really want in the 1st place?

And it doesn't matter to some people (us included).. Im gonna see it regardless... the trailers just don't have me like yeah.. cant wait to see XMen FC part 3...

and remember some movie goers now couldn't see DOFP (age/jail/ or whatever) so those new dollars the trailer is hurting..

I'll explain the trailer like this... without the movie coming out memorial day.. the trailer doesn't put it on my radar.. My daughter been looking forward to March 25 for over 6 months... I was dying to see DOFP and had it marked on my calendar and remembered even without the reminder... Apocalypse is a date that can come and I be like oh shoot.. I forgot so and so

Chef

All Star
Daps
And it doesn't matter to some people (us included).. I gonna see it regardless... the trailers just don't have me like yeah.. cant wait to see XMen FC part 3...

and remember some movie goers now couldn't see DOFP (age/jail/ or whatever) so those new dollars the trailer is hurting..

Trailers are super finicky now, there's a whole culture to making breakdown/rewind videos. Now studios have to cater to a small but extremely vocal comic book group but still draw in the average joe. Civil War and BvS, you can show the opposing leads talking shyt with a few action scenes in between and they're good. X-Men on the other hand has to find the sweet spot to not piss off more people already upset about the costumes, Apocolypse, JLaw, continuity which I feel is really minor in the grand scheme of things.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
They were going in the right direction with First Class, but that fell to shyt :francis:
But let these Singer fanboys tell it that First Class was basically his movie :heh:

That right there is the Best movie in the franchise...Don't care what none of those Singer fanboys say :umad:

:lolbron: Look at Gluvnast, right on time with the :cape: