X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don't get the hype of the Civil War trailer at all. I mean, I get people are happy to finally see Spider-Man and there's more parts of Black Panther in the trailer...but that was all. We seen miscellaneous fights between these guys already from the previous Avengers movies. What's more bigger than watching Ironman fighting the HULK?

One thing for sure about Apocalypse is that I have NO IDEA what's to happen. All I know is that Apocalypse emerges for whatever reason we do not yet know and recruits Magneto, Arch Angel, Storm, and Psylocke as his for horsemen. The one thing they did great is not tell you everything in a trailer unlike both BvS and Civil War. Of course, having Mystique leading the X-Men isn't a good thing, but I get the two reasons why... the 1st being because Jennifer Lawrence star status and the story-wise, if this is a trilogy of the alternate timeline, whatever happened in DoFP that supposed to make her a serial killer (and was eventually prevented) bleeds into this as now she has a loyal relationship with Xavier. But from the looks of the trailer, I think she does die...this movie is supposedly the last for her and supposed to be the lead off to the new cast ensemble.

But that's the thing that turns some people off.. We're comic heads.. we don't care.. but the average joe needs some type of direction.. With BvS . we see Bruce/Clark/Lex meet.. see Bat/Supes fight ... we can form our own conclusion develop our own semi story from the trailer and form an opinion to see it ...
From the Civil War trailer I can form the opinion the US Government is shytting on Capt America. The same govt that made Capt America is against him.. that sounds like a really good MOVIE (taking comic book out the equation). The dialog I heard led me to that conclusion .. that's something I wanna see.. its like Borne identity but with superheroes and without the mind wipe.. well .. not for Bucky anyway

Xmen seems so over the place I don't know what going on to the point the story in my head that I develop makes me not want to see it.. Trailers are supposed to spark the interest of those who might not otherwise see the movie (before word of mouth) and the last 2 trailers done none of that... Word of mouth will only work if people go (besides up internet fan boys)

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I don't get the hype of the Civil War trailer at all. I mean, I get people are happy to finally see Spider-Man and there's more parts of Black Panther in the trailer...but that was all. We seen miscellaneous fights between these guys already from the previous Avengers movies. What's more bigger than watching Ironman fighting the HULK?

One thing for sure about Apocalypse is that I have NO IDEA what's to happen. All I know is that Apocalypse emerges for whatever reason we do not yet know and recruits Magneto, Arch Angel, Storm, and Psylocke as his for horsemen. The one thing they did great is not tell you everything in a trailer unlike both BvS and Civil War. Of course, having Mystique leading the X-Men isn't a good thing, but I get the two reasons why... the 1st being because Jennifer Lawrence star status and the story-wise, if this is a trilogy of the alternate timeline, whatever happened in DoFP that supposed to make her a serial killer (and was eventually prevented) bleeds into this as now she has a loyal relationship with Xavier. But from the looks of the trailer, I think she does die...this movie is supposedly the last for her and supposed to be the lead off to the new cast ensemble.

Black Excellence was the reason I wanted to see this movie and also because Winter Soldier was the best Marvel movie so I was satisfied with the trailer. My problem with this xmen movie is just how bad the cgi looks and Mystique of all people leading the xmen. This could've been the opportunity to get Cylcops to lead at least some of the true OG first Class Xmen. No we don't know the plot outright but Apocalypse isn't complicated in his reasonings. He believes in survival of the fittest and only the strongest of Mutants survive. He's always had respect for Magneto because of his conviction in strength. I also don't like those trash ass Singer chosen costumes when we just had a movie 2 months ago with legit Xmen gear:francis:. How Deadpool could pull that off on a budget that stayed getting depleted because the studio didn't have faith in it yet Xmen has legit blockbuster money and that's all we get? People on their way to see Blade 2 screenings?

:lolbron:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Good trailer and it seems like the movie will be good...yet I don't feel anywhere as hyped as I did for BvS and Civil War. Even Deadpool got me way more intrigued.

Very strange.

same exact feeling i have breh..but ill be there opening night

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
empirecoversallsm-174570.jpg
ok...this lit

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
That right there is the Best movie in the franchise...Don't care what none of those Singer fanboys say :umad:

I always felt that Singer came back because Returns was panned and people liked 1st Class much more than the Singer X flicks:skip:

Looking at the trailer.. looks like they changed Storm's origin.

This movie should have come out in Mid June, too close to CW. :manny:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
just watched the new trailer

I know a lot of folks are excited for this movie, but if Apocalypse was born in EGYPT, which is in AFRICA he more than likely would be black right? :mjpls:
The way he was drawn in the comics(from the images I've seen) he certainly looked more like a brother.

maybe it's just me

:yeshrug:

X-Men-Apocalypse.jpg

tumblr_inline_nrdf0rJ61i1ttbgov_500.jpg

x-men_apocalypse.jpg

and please believe me, I'm not trying to be a contrarian Hotep or whatever, I just find it kinda odd, ya know :jbhmm:
yes, he's blue/grey and he's a mutant and at the end of the day he's a fictional character. but in light of the fact that there are "Egyptologists" of Arab annd Caucasian descent that spend their entire careers trying to prove that Egypt WASN'T black, and the long and storied history(and quite recent history in fact, i.e., Gods of Egypt) of Hollywood and the dominant culture in general whitewashing black people out of everything of significance we were a part of I find it troubling.

I'll still watch it tho :manny:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I always felt that Singer came back because Returns was panned and people liked 1st Class much more than the Singer X flicks:skip:

Looking at the trailer.. looks like they changed Storm's origin.

This movie should have come out in Mid June, too close to CW. :manny:

Singer was still a producer and developed the story for FC.. he just didn't direct and write.. its not like he had nothing to do with FC