X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
it's an overall good movie, but Days of Future Past's cave future scenes were garbage. A bunch of canon fodder with redundant powers being killed by giant The Day the Earth Stood Still robots. XMen as a whole is pretty damn overrated. the fact people still say X2 is one of the GOATS is ridiculous.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
BTW...whats good with Storm's hair in this scene :leon:

VTbsvNv.jpg

They went an interesting direction with her origins.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'm sure you can tell me it's the same with all franchises, but am I the only one who feels like I've seen all of this movie already? XMen movies (outside of First Class) are all just a bunch of characters in front of green screens. i feel like that sticks out more in these than in the other big budget franchises. Every time you see a dark cloud, which is often, it screams "green screen."

also, add me to the "fukk Mystique" camp. JLaw never even looked good as that character. she looks awful in blue whereas Rebecca Stamos actually looked sexy.
That Cgi really looks bad in the background though I can't front :mjlol:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
For some reason the hype for this is not there.. I want to see this. I want to love this.. I loved FC and DOFP..

Anyway you can see from the trailers, some of the cg is bad.. its like the actors are standing in front of pictures for the background.. Hopefully we get to see the first 5 minutes again and it gets me hype.. and I don't know what to say about Apocalypse.. his costume looks ... argh... this has/had so much potential ... but ... I'm out of words...

I will see it though

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Strange....I have no urge to watch this trailer lol I just watched Civil war again :deadmanny:. Let me check this out though.

I don't get the hype of the Civil War trailer at all. I mean, I get people are happy to finally see Spider-Man and there's more parts of Black Panther in the trailer...but that was all. We seen miscellaneous fights between these guys already from the previous Avengers movies. What's more bigger than watching Ironman fighting the HULK?

One thing for sure about Apocalypse is that I have NO IDEA what's to happen. All I know is that Apocalypse emerges for whatever reason we do not yet know and recruits Magneto, Arch Angel, Storm, and Psylocke as his for horsemen. The one thing they did great is not tell you everything in a trailer unlike both BvS and Civil War. Of course, having Mystique leading the X-Men isn't a good thing, but I get the two reasons why... the 1st being because Jennifer Lawrence star status and the story-wise, if this is a trilogy of the alternate timeline, whatever happened in DoFP that supposed to make her a serial killer (and was eventually prevented) bleeds into this as now she has a loyal relationship with Xavier. But from the looks of the trailer, I think she does die...this movie is supposedly the last for her and supposed to be the lead off to the new cast ensemble.