X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
What To Expect From X-men Apocalypse!
apocolypse-what-to-expect-from-x-men-apocalypse.jpeg

With X-men Apocalypse announced for May 2016, and Days of Futures Past giving us a glimpse of the eponymous villain, there is a lot of speculation of what we are to expect. Here is what I know what will happen, and what is to be expected of the 8th instalment in the X-men franchise.

Who is to return?
It has been announced that James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence will reprise their roles as Charles Xavier, Magneto and Mystique. Also, Nicholas Hoult and Hugh Jackman will return is Beast and Wolverine. Evan Peters has also been confirmed to reprise his role as Quicksilver, with producers stating that he will have an expanded role this time around.

pocalypse-what-to-expect-from-x-men-apocalypse.jpeg

Family re-union's never go as planned
Who will we see?
Channing Tatum has been confirmed to portray Gambit in Apocalypse and a solo movie. This will be Gambits second appearance in the X-men film franchise, with Taylor Kitsch portraying the Cajun in X-men Origins: Wolverine. But with the future altered in Days of Futures Past, it seems Gambit will differ from the Origins storyline.
Producers are also looking for a younger Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey. This seems like it will be a nod at Days Of Futures Past when Logan told Charles to remember the names of Scott, Jean and Storm.

The Ragin' Cajun
Cable
Whenever you have Apocalypse... you need to have Cable. Cable is a mutant from the future and the son of Cyclops and Madelynn Pryor (a clone of Jean Grey) He has only one goal in life, to destroy Apocalypse.

With Fox attempting to produce an X-Force movie and expand their film universe, including Cable into Apocalypse would be a great way to establish the X-Force.

The inclusion of Cable can also lead to the inclusion of...

DEADPOOL!
Deadpool and Cable are the Marvel equivalent of Green Lantern and Flash. With both of them set to appear in the X-Force movie and Fox trying to get a working script for Deadpool, it seems plausible that

Deadpool

will appear. With the timeline for Origins all but removed from the X-men universe, this would be the perfect chance for Fox to get the Chimichanga loving mercenary correct, rather than re-booting him. I'm sure everyone would love to see the Merc with a Mouth done correctly.

A weird partnership for a weird guy.
Apocalypse
apocolypse-what-to-expect-from-x-men-apocalypse-3f5fbc9a-9a5d-4b0a-b552-e497833cf14e.jpg

As the name of the film suggests, we will see Apocalypse. We have already seen a clip of his younger self in the post credits scene from DOFP, but producers have told us that we will see an older Apocalypse in the movie. The only question is, what will he look like? Personally, I would love to see his form from X-men Evolution (pictured above), which brings me to another point

The Four Horsemen
When including Apocalypse into a story, you must have his Four Horsemen, Death, Pestilence, Famine and War. His Horsemen differ from time to time, with Angel being the most recurring addition, but I would like to see The Horsemen looking like the X-men Evolution line-up of Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Storm. With all 4 characters confirmed to be in the movie, I would go with this line up for the Horsemen.

horsemen1-what-to-expect-from-x-men-apocalypse.jpg

What To Expect From X-men Apocalypse! | moviepilot.com

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they are making an x-force movie ??? damn i loved them a lot more than the x-men growing up

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, I said this in the other thread that I said out loud that it was nonsense that apacolypse was white in the movie. even with a nappy head.

that being said, I look foward to the new movie. days of futures past tied things up so lovely, we don't need the old characters any more. having wolverine is just a bonus. hugh jackman has made a FORTUNE off this series tho.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Off topic, but I've noticed a lot of cac fans are cool with making villains black but get up in arms at the tiniest suggestion that their hero might be race changed. Says a lot if you think about it.

When it comes to characters such as Kingpin, Thanos, Apocalypse.etc, that are large, physically imposing, there aren't a lot of White dudes in Hollywood that fit that build who are also good/decent actors. White geeks will admit this. That's why there wasn't a lot of hubbub about Kingpin being played by MCD. Also, a lot of the time when you see casting threads for these characters on forums, posters tend to recommend Black actors.

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
When it comes to characters such as Kingpin, Thanos, Apocalypse.etc, that are large, physically imposing, there aren't a lot of White dudes in Hollywood that fit that build who are also good/decent actors. White geeks will admit this. That's why there wasn't a lot of hubbub about Kingpin being played by MCD. Also, a lot of the time when you see casting threads for these characters on forums, posters tend to recommend Black actors.

speaking of which, I think the guy who played Xaro on game of thrones would work as apocalypse

he has the stature, voice, and charisma for it :leon:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
as long as they do him right i would like to see him... im just worried about it....
If hes not swole and looking like a bald headed Hulk with grey skin im going to not be pleased. Sinister, Apoc and the Horsemen might be to much for 1 film friend. They might have to make it a 2 part film. I could see the opening scene with Sinister awakening Apocolypse and they reveal that Apoc was the first mutant and what not and then Sinister being transformed into his lackey for the betterment of science. In the end of the film, the xmen, crushed by the power of apoc are saved by Sinister giving apoc a virus that he was supposed to design to kill of all the weak sending apoc back into slumber after taking some heavy crushing shots from the xmen.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Sinister being transformed into his lackey for the betterment of science. In the end of the film, the xmen, crushed by the power of apoc are saved by Sinister giving apoc a virus that he was supposed to design to kill of all the weak sending apoc back into slumber.
:russ: thats actually the endings of sinisters origin... first thing he did as sinister was try kill apoc off & made him hibernate again...
I wonder what apocalypse original mutant powers were before being powered by celestial
origin book says he "Discovered the power to cast off his human form & remake it" & "....the very fiber of his being becoms. Reading his thoughts & transforming his body to follow"
he can do all the size strength stuff, heal, almost immortal, super smart... but they never really go into detail cause he just learned his abilities...

he shoots some energy but hes around the tech so i assume it wasnt his natural ability...