X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
All the ending was saying to me,is that what they showed you in 2023 is the only thing they can be held accountable for,from this point forward,in terms of accuracy.....In the sense that Jean,Cyclops,Storm will all be around the same age,Rogue will be younger than them...But NOT that any of the other movies still mattered....I thought directors themselves said the movie was made specifically so that they cant be held accountable for innacuracies in timeline they are starting....you cant really watch the movies in order and have them make sense,so they are eseentially telling you none of the x1-3 shyt happened....And that the events from First Class and DOFP only kindve happened the way they were shown,I say kindve because they might want to have a loophole where they bring back characters who they said were killed off in dofp,down the line.

Kinberg has explained it. The timeline has changed and the characters and events that happen in the first flick could still happen but they'd happen differently because the characters are different now since they've messed with the timestream

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
All the ending was saying to me,is that what they showed you in 2023 is the only thing they can be held accountable for,from this point forward,in terms of accuracy.....In the sense that Jean,Cyclops,Storm will all be around the same age,Rogue will be younger than them...But NOT that any of the other movies still mattered....I thought directors themselves said the movie was made specifically so that they cant be held accountable for innacuracies in timeline they are starting....you cant really watch the movies in order and have them make sense,so they are eseentially telling you none of the x1-3 shyt happened....And that the events from First Class and DOFP only kindve happened the way they were shown,I say kindve because they might want to have a loophole where they bring back characters who they said were killed off in dofp,down the line.
X 1-3 matter just for the simple fact that the actors are in DOFP alive in 2023. So in this movie we know what characters are definitely not dying.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
X 1-3 matter just for the simple fact that the actors are in DOFP alive in 2023. So in this movie we know what characters are definitely not dying.

True to a degree but they've already said that the dark phoenix thing didn't happen. and that the cure stuff in x men 3 didn't happen and cyclops clearly is alive so x3 is kinda wiped out of existence

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Yeah, I think we could have did without that. As much as I appreciated the fan service in that scene I've got a feeling it's going to bring about some more continuity problems in the future. And the fact that none of those actors will be playing those characters anymore :pachaha:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
True to a degree but they've already said that the dark phoenix thing didn't happen. and that the cure stuff in x men 3 didn't happen and cyclops clearly is alive so x3 is kinda wiped out of existence
I hear that and I appreciate Kinberg making it clear. Just saying minus knowing what creators have said and just using the movies themselves we know Jean and Scott are alive in 2023. The how and why is a mystery.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear that and I appreciate Kinberg making it clear. Just saying minus knowing what creators have said and just using the movies themselves we know Jean and Scott are alive in 2023. The how and why is a mystery.

Yeah which is why I'm saying basically, those first three movies are wiped out of continuity even if they won't come out and say it outright, they've hinted at it and beat around the bush

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, I think we could have did without that. As much as I appreciated the fan service in that scene I've got a feeling it's going to bring about some more continuity problems in the future. And the fact that none of those actors will be playing those characters anymore :pachaha:
yeah at the time I liked it, especially since they did Marsden so dirty in X 1-3. It's weird, although the timeline in this universe is fukked the movies still work on an individual basis which is nice.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It's a set photo. I think the TV spot made it look far more impressive. I remember on set photos of Heath Ledger making him look like a Sting meets The Carver rip off.
The way quicksilver looked had ppl laughing out loud and up in arms then the movie comes out and everyone is saying he stole the show, ppl never learn.

Ps in saying that the trailer and tv spot haven't done anything to excite me though. It actually looks shyt

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's a set photo. I think the TV spot made it look far more impressive. I remember on set photos of Heath Ledger making him look like a Sting meets The Carver rip off.

They've got to do better than that though breh. When adult film promos look better than promos for major theatrical releases, there's a problem.

Avengers%2Bvs%2BX-Men%2BXXX.jpg

xmen-thumb.jpg

You know I've been trying to figure out who Apocalypse reminded me of and it finally clicked. The genie from the Wishmaster series.

latest

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Couldn't agree more. I used to be one of those Marvel stans who wanted them to get all their rights back so we could get the piff comic book storylines but truth be told they've been making cookie cutter, child friendly, villain lobotomised movies for a minute. From Ronan the accuser, Loki, and worst of all Ultron their villains ain't shyt. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them shyts but they are tame when it gets to the deep end.

The nimrods wrecking the mutants in DOFP and Shaw killing Darwin :mjpls: would never happen under Marvel on the big screen.

True....say what you will but those other companies ain't afraid to have villains wreck shyt.

Ultron should have been wrecking shyt :snoop:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Couldn't agree more. I used to be one of those Marvel stans who wanted them to get all their rights back so we could get the piff comic book storylines but truth be told they've been making cookie cutter, child friendly, villain lobotomised movies for a minute. From Ronan the accuser, Loki, and worst of all Ultron their villains ain't shyt. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them shyts but they are tame when it gets to the deep end.

The nimrods wrecking the mutants in DOFP and Shaw killing Darwin :mjpls: would never happen under Marvel on the big screen.
Probably my biggest complaint with the MCU by far I said the same thing in another thread these MCU films going forward really let these villains get more shine especially once they start using Thanos. I'd hate it if the MCU undervitalized any Spidey villain after finally getting his rights back he easily has a top five rogue gallery.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
True....say what you will but those other companies ain't afraid to have villains wreck shyt.

Ultron should have been wrecking shyt :snoop:

Concerning the direction they went with Ultron, was that a Marvel thing or a Whedon thing?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Concerning Ultron, was that a Marvel thing or a Whedon thing?

I'm going to go with both because clearly if they had an issue with it they would've told him not to or had a back and forth about it. They had other disagreements on the movie

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm going to go with both because clearly if they had an issue with it they would've told him not to or had a back and forth about it. They had other disagreements on the movie

It seems to me they were conflicted. Ultron seemed menacing, but that shyt felt hollow.

And indeed, he should've been waaaaaayyyy more menacing than how he was portrayed on film. The whole film itself had a lot of issues.